Star Wars chrome 2016 details

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/8337025186

August 26, 2016, 12:37 PM
Raven
Star Wars chrome 2016 details
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
Topps confirmed via facebook that the Daisy Ridley Chrome autographs will be on-card, that she will (finally) be the "Mystery Redemption" from Force Awakens Series 1, and that she'll also have on-card autographs in the upcoming Masterwork 2016 set.

So I'm not sure why I keep reading important news about non-sport cards on other sites, don't we have enough collectors posting on Card Talk anymore? Maybe not.

Anyway, watch out for the TOPPS Mystery Redemptions if anyone is just purchasing them. Apparently they are blank cards with an affixed redemption code and somehow or other it may have been figured out how to swap out the codes. Or it could be a mistake from the card. Anyway some unlucky person redeemed what he thought and paid for as a Daisy autograph and got a WWE autograph. The problem has been reported.

Just another example of how bad eggs can still get over in this hobby despite all the security measures. IF the codes can be switched without too much trouble, then they had to know the Daisy mystery redemption would be a target.

I revised this post a little because I have no first hand knowledge and don't want to report something without it being me. I myself do not buy redemption cards, having learned a long time ago that strange things happen and that the described card may not be available. It's one thing to pull a redemption and it's another to buy it from someone. I would rather wait the extra time and pay more money to have the true card after someone else gets it back. Safer that way.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,
August 26, 2016, 03:09 PM
RedFive
Does anyone know why the Retail Refractor is different from the Hobby Refractor? Neither are stamped with numbers.

The retail refractor has a definite rainbow effect finish, and is labeled "refractor" on the back.

The hobby refractor has a very subtle refractor finish, and is also labeled "refractor" on the back.
September 07, 2016, 02:54 AM
Scifi Cards
quote:
Originally posted by RedFive:
Does anyone know why the Retail Refractor is different from the Hobby Refractor? Neither are stamped with numbers.

The retail refractor has a definite rainbow effect finish, and is labeled "refractor" on the back.

The hobby refractor has a very subtle refractor finish, and is also labeled "refractor" on the back.

Why? To give obsessive collectors yet another parallel set to collect. It's the business they are in. Smile

Not enough difference to make me chase, though I am far from a completist.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal