Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Toploaders getting expensive????
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toploaders getting expensive????
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Kennywood
posted Hide Post
I spoke with the owner of the local card shop recently. He said that his supplier told him that things like top loaders and penny sleeves probably wouldn't be shipped to him until next year.

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
The current ship date for standard toploads on the BCW website is June of 2022. So a year out.

I just got a small allotment of the Beckett Shield toploads. Going to give them a test. Originally the selling point is that these were going to be made in Mexico to save the ship time, but I noticed the ones I got are made in China like all the rest. Pity.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've started trying to use some of the Premier - Choice sleeves. Some of them don't open - 6-7 duds so far and I'm about 30 sleeves into the bag.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've found ultra pro sleeves recently. Haven't looked for top loaders.

Are any of the non ultra pro sleeves good?

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Beckett ones were good but the store ran out of them. I might try another place tomorrow.

quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
I've found ultra pro sleeves recently. Haven't looked for top loaders.

Are any of the non ultra pro sleeves good?

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I noticed a few weeks ago that a local sports card store has been able to restock Ultra-Pro sleeves. I bought a pack today so I can dump the last of the Premier - Choice brand sleeves. They wouldn't open easily and when I tried to pinch them open multiple times, they would open but get wrinkled up.