Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    HG Wells The War of the Worlds: Book 1 The Coming of the Martians
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HG Wells The War of the Worlds: Book 1 The Coming of the Martians
 Login/Join

Picture of Zero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcole:
All of the sketches posted so far look great and I'd be happy to pull any one of them. That being said, as usual - Marcia Dye's work does not disappoint. Please make sure that my sketch pack includes the card on the top row, fourth from the left. Big Grin

That's nice Debi but I think I prefer the one below it. Just. Smile

Posts: 191 | Location: Cheshire, UK | Registered: January 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That one's also quite lovely, Gavin. Smile

May we both get what we want!

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Any updates? Wave

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hoffmaster007
posted Hide Post
I see some of these cards , many actually, are up for auction. Does anyone know if they have all been shipped yet? Thanks in advance!

Posts: 161 | Location: Harrisburg Pa U.S.A. | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hoffmaster007:
I see some of these cards , many actually, are up for auction. Does anyone know if they have all been shipped yet? Thanks in advance!

I could only see cards from the preview edition they did last year listed on Ebay. Where did you see the new set?

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
UPS is picking the last of these up on Monday and they will be in the dealers hands 2-3 days later. Our retail orders are going out around the same time, and while they may take longer we will make up for that with extra promos!

Final configuration is now 11 premiums per case not 10, so one pack in every case has two hits! Photos to follow!

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hoffmaster007
posted Hide Post
Thank-you Sci-FiPlanet! I saw where you originally posted they would be shipping in early June and I was a little worried! I feel much better now! Smile Triple Frog, they must have been the preview sets! Thank-you for pointing that out! I always like coming here to get correct information! Thanks all!

Posts: 161 | Location: Harrisburg Pa U.S.A. | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zero
posted Hide Post
Ebay was full of these last night and my three packs arrived today. I'm in work and they are at home so i don't know what i've got yet.

Posts: 191 | Location: Cheshire, UK | Registered: January 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Opened 2 packs and loved the base cards. A little disappointed with the premium cards, I pulled the cover of the magazine the story appeared in and a red leaf from a play? Interesting to see all the different ways to show pieces of the magazine, from small cut-outs to almost full size card to printed sentences pasted on top. The base cards were worth the price of the pack.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
A little disappointed with the premium cards, I pulled the cover of the magazine the story appeared in and a red leaf from a play?

The leaf (from Jeff Wayne's musical version I assume) seems to be rarest of the premium pulls, judging by the price they are going for anyway, so i'd say you did pretty well there. Always nice to get a sketch though.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Just opened a pack of these, report is in the box breakdown section. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post