Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Wackys on Metafilter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wackys on Metafilter
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted

Posts: 2214 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Good stuff, thank you.
The Archived collection of gum from the original 16 series made between 1973 and 1975 are a special treat to see. What devotion!

I was a little too young for Wacky Packages when first issued, but I remember the 1979 reprint series very well and by the time the all-new series of 1991 was issued, I was a big fan of them.

Topps Shop online has released 5 Old School series over these last 6 years or so and those have been a real treat to collect. They are made of newly painted stickers based on the 1970's era products parodied by the classic series in the same format on the same vintage style stock in vintage style packaging. High class affairs and a labor of love to be sure for David Gross, the project leader, and talented illustrator who does a lot of the artwork for them.

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post