Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    NCIS Rittenhouse
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NCIS Rittenhouse
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of glen87
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I think they did the front and back thing on The Brady Bunch last year, 1 ep on the front, another on the back

Interesting premise. I would like that to be done on standard sets.

Twilight Zone Complete

Posts: 642 | Location: VT | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Still waiting for a checklist...

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Just over two weeks to release and still no checklist, has it been delayed or is it still due on the 20th?

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Posted by RA on facebook:

Collating NCIS:2012 Premium Pack Trading Cards in the Rittenhouse Archives office! Make sure to order yours for the release on 06/22/12!

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Stargaterules
posted Hide Post
I just want to know if a question that was asked before and Steve said he wouldn't know till closer to release . Auto set , will it be a complete one per box .

Posts: 91 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stargaterules:
I just want to know if a question that was asked before and Steve said he wouldn't know till closer to release . Auto set , will it be a complete one per box .

I reasked the question on facebook last night.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Checklist is up on the Rittenhouse website.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Wow, 22 costume cards!! Drool

Can't wait to see some pictures (only autos showing at the moment) so I can decide what to chase. I have a binder full of auto/pw to (hopefully) trade with.

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Looks good, not a complete set of auto's from a box but a full set of costumes at least.

Costume pics were showing when I checked the list just now, they only showed as red crosses but when you click on them they show.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I really want CC16.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip- I now have my want/wish list Big Grin

And the design is very sophisticated, I really like it!

Was tempted to get a binder but I can't order direct from Rittenhouse, will have to look elsewhere it seems...

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
There should be some pretty nice variants available from the Lab coats,overalls and windbreakers.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Turns out Costume Card CC7 wasn't missing after all. It's in the Rewards Catalog for 3000 points.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The autograph list still does not indicate rarity? Does that mean all autographs are the same odds?

Rittenhouse are usually very good at listing odds of autographs.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Thought i'd give some feedback about the set.

I really like the backs of the costume cards, showing just the garment laid out which has been used for the card.

I think some of the images could have been better- CC06 appears blurred/out of focus on the front, and from the front of CC01 it isn't clear the the t-shirt/top and not the lab coat is sampled.

And the base set so far is totally unobtainable at anywhere approaching a reasonable price Shake Head

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WarriorBabe:

And the base set so far is totally unobtainable at anywhere approaching a reasonable price Shake Head

Depends on what you class reasonable, at only 1 base set per box / case, you are not going to get them cheap ie £2.49 on feebay for some sets that were producing closer to 24 sets per case.

We all wanted base sets to hold value, which does hold true (to a point) with the premium pack release due to less hitting the secondary market. But so much more difficult to complete sets unless you buy a box / case rather than a pack / box.

If the option is no release or premium pack, I know I would rather have the premium pack, even with the issues that come with it. (this is not supposed to start the premium vs regular arguement over again!)

Dave

Posts: 168 | Location: Green Hammerton, Yorkshire, UK | Registered: November 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
I didn't expect them to be going cheap, but the few complete sets i've seen have sold for $38-$54. Very unaffordable for the small collector.

Frown

In my view this release has taken the base set to the other extreme-too expensive rather than dirt cheap.

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WarriorBabe:
I didn't expect them to be going cheap, but the few complete sets i've seen have sold for $38-$54. Very unaffordable for the small collector.

Frown

In my view this release has taken the base set to the other extreme-too expensive rather than dirt cheap.

$38 is "totally unobtainable at anywhere approaching a reasonable price"?

Really? Around here that is about 10 packs of hobby product. . . or 2 blasters. . .

Isn't $38 about a buck a card? if you can't afford a dollar then you have bigger issues than collecting trading cards . . .

No one said you need to buy a complete set at once. . .

If $1 a card is not anywhere near a reasonable price, what is?

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
$1 for a chase card yes, but for a single base card, I don't think that is a reasonable price. The regular costume cards have been selling at around $8-15, so you could get a couple of those for what the base set is selling for.

I have to live on a very low income and $36 is not cheap for a base set for me, it's expensive. Then you have to add shipping charges, since the UK is a bit of a black hole where card availability is concerned.

I had been looking at whole sets but I think as you suggest building the set slowly would be the way to go. Of course living in the UK I have to be selective in which auctions I bid on, don't want to end up with a hefty shipping charge for a few base cards! That further limits the buying potential. I was looking at some auctions earlier and had to eliminate them because the shipping charge was $5- not very good if I only ended up winning one base card.

I said before the release I thought NCIS was very popular and would have justified a larger scale release, and I still think that.

If other card companies followed Rittenhouse's lead, I would soon be priced out of the hobby with base sets that expensive. If I am looking to spend money on a release; base, chase and a few auto/pws, I am going to be looking at a release where all of that is affordable to me. NCIS hasn't turned out that way.

Sorry you seem to feel I am being unreasonable, but when you lived on a fixed, low income and cards are one of your few pleasures in life, having prices for what is a basic component of your hobby at this level is difficult. I never expect to collect all auto/pw cards because that's just unrealistic. But when you're talking basic inserts it's another story. I maintain that this release has taken the base set to the other end of the pricing spectrum.

Anyway, I will now be looking at single base cards, and I will keep track of the cost and report back.