Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    NCIS Rittenhouse
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NCIS Rittenhouse
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I can sympathize with not being able to spend much on the hobby. . . but $1 a card for 36 cards. . . That should be attainable for virtually anyone, especially as you don't have to have the entire set on day 1, and over time more cards and lots will probably come available at lower prices.

$1 for chase cards is unreasonable, they should hold much more value than that.

Also, eBay probably isn't your best method to acquire cards in this price range. . . a $1 sale on eBay results in $.42 in fees. Since the fee structure is so high you can probably find the individual cards much cheaper direct through sellers.

Again, what do you think is a reasonable price for a set -- and keep in mind that price should be reasonable for everyone -- the manufacturer, dealer, and collectors.

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see Rittemhouse have finally put the Rarity of autographs up on their site.

I'm a little surprised that the Pauley Perrette is only Very Limited while others are Extremely Limited.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WarriorBabe:

Anyway, I will now be looking at single base cards, and I will keep track of the cost and report back.

Single base cards will each attract a shipping cost, so may well work out more expensive than the complete set. I am not sure how many boxes are being made (200/250) but that is also the maximum base sets as well. So a limited base set SHOULD attract a better price!

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:

Anyway, I will now be looking at single base cards, and I will keep track of the cost and report back.

Single base cards will each attract a shipping cost, so may well work out more expensive than the complete set. I am not sure how many boxes are being made (200/250) but that is also the maximum base sets as well. So a limited base set SHOULD attract a better price!

Unfortunately this does not work, buyers still think a Base Set should only be a few $'s or £'s. A Base Set from these Pack releases should be around 30-40 $ but it is not happening.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
With the ratio's added to RA's website my breakdwon was this:

Limited-10
Very Limited-2
Extremely Limited-3

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
If you do a completed listing search on eBay, they are acheveing those prices and more, in fact the few complete sets offered have sold for around $50 when you look at the most recent listings.

(these are the only complete sets I can find, posted all 6 of 6 which have come up in the last few weeks.)

July 14th $49.95

July 12 £21/$32

July 5th $54.24

July 5th $56

July 3rd $49.94

July 3rd $37.35

It may well work out more to buy cards individually but I can't afford an outlay of (what is now) an average $50 in one go.

I don't think base sets should only be selling for just a few £/$, but I do maintain this has taken it to the other end of the price spectrum and i'm none too happy about it. I knew when I heard about the premium pack format it would cost me more for a base set, and I accepted that, however I did not think it would be as high as $50 (current selling prices).

In response to webjon, I am not experienced enough in the hobby nor do I have enough knowledge to name a price.

But as a small collector, this one is too expensive.

I see on another topic those calling some CZE releases too expensive have come in for critisism. I guess those who can pay top dollar or have the rare cards don't need to worry about affordability!

Since everyone thinks I am being so unreasonable maybe I should bow out of this discussion. I certainly don't feel I can debate with people who feel there is nothing wrong with a base set costing $50.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WarriorBabe,

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Sorry, but I still approach Premium Pack products as if they had NO base set.

The base cards are as rare as any other card in the set, if not more so. The idea of a base set is a basic set of what is common. There is nothing common in these boxes, just chase.

I know I sell the episode chase cards for between 1 an 2 dollars, because that's what they should sell for.

Unfortunately, this isn't a perfect world and not every set is attainable. I would have liked a Horrors of War base set (that's what they called it, but honestly at 1 per box it's chase too), but I know it's beyond my means and I moved on.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Right, reporting back as promised.

I won 4 cards for $0.49 each so $1.96. Shipped alongside costume card for 0 extra.

One lot of 6 cards for $1.04. Shipped alongside two other cards for $0.20 extra.

One lot of 25 cards for $12.50 (21 of those needed), shipping $3.50.

With the 25 card lot I have 5 or 6 left to get, which I am hoping to trade for because I will have a few duplicates.

All in all I have managed to do it much cheaper so far than buying a full set. Now for those last few cards!

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
which I am hoping to trade for because I will have a few duplicates.

What I like about Premium packs, puts the fun back in to collecting and trading. Puts actual value on to base cards.

Great Work WarriorBabe

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Right, reporting back as promised.

I won 4 cards for $0.49 each so $1.96. Shipped alongside costume card for 0 extra.

One lot of 6 cards for $1.04. Shipped alongside two other cards for $0.20 extra.

One lot of 25 cards for $12.50 (21 of those needed), shipping $3.50.

With the 25 card lot I have 5 or 6 left to get, which I am hoping to trade for because I will have a few duplicates.

All in all I have managed to do it much cheaper so far than buying a full set. Now for those last few cards!

Nice! You are well under a buck a card too!

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post