Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Chronicles of the Three Stooges
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chronicles of the Three Stooges
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Just saw there will be 4 promos coming in the new NSU. This is the first I'm hearing of this set (actually 4 sets), and I'm excited!

http://rrparkscards.com/services (scroll down)

http://www.c3entertainment.com...es-trading-card-set/

Is anyone familiar with RRParks Cards?

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey Kennywood,

I think that there might be a lot of us who grew up around the 'Burgh and remember watching Paul Shannon's Adventure Time as little kids. A card in his honor would definitely be a cool thing. Smile

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
Although I don't imagine it will happen, it would be nice if at least one card in any of the sets mentions Paul Shannon.

I know....who? Paul Shannon hosted a show called "Adventure Time". One of the things he did during the show was to show some Three Stooges shorts. Now, this was during a time when the Three Stooges had really fallen out of the lime light. But with Paul Shannon showing some of their shorts, he repopularized the Three Stooges.

Here's a picture of Paul with the Stooges:

A lot of TV kid show hosts had a hand in this. In our area, it was Sally Starr. I know Sally and a handful of others were given bit parts in one of their films, I'm thinking it was "The Outlaws is Coming."

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
Just saw there will be 4 promos coming in the new NSU. This is the first I'm hearing of this set (actually 4 sets), and I'm excited!

http://rrparkscards.com/services (scroll down)

http://www.c3entertainment.com...es-trading-card-set/

Is anyone familiar with RRParks Cards?

RRParks CARDS is a new manufactur, though he has been around in the hobby for a while. We will have more on the promo cards tomorrow on the NSU blog and there is also more coming up related to the set at the end of the month on the blog. And of course, there are the four randomly inserted promo cards in the current Aug/Sep '14 issue as well as details about the first Stooges series, Chronicles of the Three Stooges.

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hoffmaster007
posted Hide Post
Is this going to be released as a factory set or as packs in a box? Thank-you! Either way, I'm really looking forward to this release! Clap

Posts: 161 | Location: Harrisburg Pa U.S.A. | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In the NY area it was Officer Joe Bolton. Nice to see all the kiddie show hosts with the Stooges. I'm sure there were many.

[/QUOTE]

A lot of TV kid show hosts had a hand in this. In our area, it was Sally Starr. I know Sally and a handful of others were given bit parts in one of their films, I'm thinking it was "The Outlaws is Coming."[/QUOTE]

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RRParks CARDS
posted Hide Post
Hello -- I get the impression I’m ‘unknown’ (which makes sense since I only started my trading card publishing company about a year ago and ‘Chronicles of The Three Stooges’ is the largest project my embryonic company as issued (or rather, is issuing).
Anyway, as in introduction my name is Richard Parks and I’m the sole proprietor, designer, writer and producer of RRParks CARDS. The Monster Times was our first official licensed series release and Chronicles of The Three Stooges series one has gone through the pre-order stage with Diamond and scheduled for a full Diamond PREVIEWS catalog appearance in the August issue (in a few weeks). Series two is slated for Christmas 2014 release and so will be (I believe, since no one can ever be entirely sure of these things) in the September issue of PREVIEWS. Am hoping to also get some distribution connections going with GTS but at the very least will be available via my company website once Diamond orders in August are complete.
My goal with ‘Stooges’ is … as the NSU article (graciously and generously provided by Harris Toser and Charlie Novinskie who have been amazingly helpful in getting my ‘name’ out there) mentions … to provide the most thorough coverage of The Three Stooges ever provided in a trading card series (or in this case a series of series… four currently planned and contracted). I’d like to think that The Three Stooges is finally in the hands of a card ‘fanboy’ (am probably still only a fanboy working on my credentials of being a ‘nerd’ and someday hope to graduate to ‘geek’) who intends on taking full advantage of having such a fantastic license as The Three Stooges to produce a very fun series of cards covering everything I can possibly imagine with regards to The Three Stooges. And lucky me -- C3 Entertainment, Inc. is ALSO excited about this project and is basically allowing me to create this card series exactly as I want and providing an unbelievable amount of help, enthusiasm, support and encouragement (more than I thought possible when I got the contract).
I really like Kennywood’s suggestion! This is EXACTLY the sort of thing I’m hoping to see in this blog set up by NSU -- IDEAS! While this sort of thing was already mapped out for series four (the Curly Joe DeRita era with feature films and the cartoons) this shows me that there would actually be interest in cards covering the revival period of The Stooges.
While I will endeavor to check the blog frequently to pick up suggestions, ideas and thoughts of fellow collectors and Stooge fans also feel free to visit my website and submit comments, suggestions and such via the comment link there.
Although I’ve been collecting cards ever since my first box of Wacky Packs when I was in 4th grade (early 1970s… series three if memory serves) and have been a Stooges fan since around 1974/1975 when channel 40 started showing them… this is my first full on major trading card series and suggestions and ideas are certainly welcome in order to help me produce the best Stooges card series I can possibly create.
Richard Parks
RRParks CARDS

Posts: 87 | Location: Nevada | Registered: July 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RRParks CARDS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hoffmaster007:
Is this going to be released as a factory set or as packs in a box? Thank-you! Either way, I'm really looking forward to this release! Clap

Hello hoffmaster007.
As of right now, there is no factory set planned. Series one is being issued in 10 card packs, 36 packs per retail box (will be in the August PREVIEWS issue... or if not ordering via Diamond will be available directly via my website). Each retail box is being hand collated so that a box will contain THREE complete base sets and THREE complete subsets... as well as some nifty anime/manga style foil cards (the first official appearance of Larry, Moe, Curly and Shemp in Manga style). Series one will be on the shelves in September... series two heads to the printers the end of this month for release in September PREVIEWS and a shelf appearance in time for Christmas.
RRParks

Posts: 87 | Location: Nevada | Registered: July 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Richard, how many different Stooges promos are there ? When you send in a SASE, how many do you send ? Just 1 ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RRParks CARDS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Richard, how many different Stooges promos are there ? When you send in a SASE, how many do you send ? Just 1 ?

When someone sends in a SASE I'm sending out the FOUR different promo cards (one offer per address, while supplies last). There are four different NSU promo cards produced. What's 'odd' is that even though I'm offering the promos FREE for a SASE through NSU, The Wrapper, my website, etc. I noticed on ebay that some buyers are actually BUYING the promo cards...they are FREE, why on earth some people are BUYING them is beyond me. Oh well. Anyway... to answer your question, not just one promo card... in fact I've also been including a promo card for The Monster Times (currently being marketed). In about a month or so Stooges series two promo cards will be published and hopefully they'll include both the 'core' "Chronicles of The Three Stooges" as well as a promo card for the subset/chase series accompanying series two (which I think fans of cards and Stooges are REALLY going to like... ESPECIALLY if they like the original 1959 first ever Stooges series. I'm dealing with the original licensor of that 1959 series... I'm a huge fan of that original 1950s series... so that should be hint enough as to what 'Chronicles of The Three Stooges' series two subset/chase cards are going to include :-) Can we spell "3 Stooges Card #97?"
RRParks

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Gulp ! I mailed my SASE on Tues with just 1 stamp. Will that be enough for 4 promos ? Frown

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
How many different Monster Times promos are there ?

Picture of RRParks CARDS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gulp ! I mailed my SASE on Tues with just 1 stamp. Will that be enough for 4 promos ? Frown

... one first class (or 'forever') stamp is all that's needed. You're fine... no gulp, no worries.

Picture of RRParks CARDS
posted Hide Post
quote:
How many different Monster Times promos are there ?

... Only one 'The Monster Times' promo card was created for the series. Originally two were planned but it ended up only one version was published. The next promo cards to be published will be Chronicles of The Three Stooges (and those will be available for a SASE sometime towards the end of August / beginning of September). Series two starts printing in about two weeks -- am finishing up some last minute designing. Hey... anyone know of any decent publicity portrait stills of Hilda Title of "Pain in the Pullman" fame?

Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Richard will you please include 1 Monster Times promo with the Stooges promo that I mailed you the SASE for on Tues ?

David Rosciszewski

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I can say now, without question, that SOMEONE will have both Monster Times and whatever Stooges sets are out at the Chicago Non-Sport Card Show October 3rd and 4th.

These look like great sets.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RRParks CARDS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Richard will you please include 1 Monster Times promo with the Stooges promo that I mailed you the SASE for on Tues ?

David Rosciszewski

Hello David -- I certainly will! Have fun with your collection.
RRParks CARDS

Picture of RRParks CARDS
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by pendragon:
Found one here...

http://www.doctormacro.com/Ima...ie%20Maniacs)_01.jpg

Thank you Pendragon. Alas, although Hilda Title is in the film that this publicity still is from, the gal shown isn't Ms. Title. Hilda Title is one of the TOUGHEST of all the supporting players to find ANY decent photo... most are very small video 'grab' shots. After a lot of online searching and as much help as possible from C3 Entertainment, Inc. we've been unable to find a good photo/portrait of Hilda Title. Somewhere 'out there' there MUST exist such... but she's hiding well :-)
But I sincerely appreciate your effort.
RRParks

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Here's some more info on the Three Stooges card sets coming from RRParks CARDS:

Nyuk! Nyuk! Stooges Sets No Joking Matter!

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post