Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
 Login/Join

Picture of richscards
posted Hide Post
If anyone is breaking a lot of cases on this please let me know. Thanks!

Posts: 178 | Location: SF Bay Area, USA | Registered: August 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Any more info on this set?

Thanks!

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
2nd that!

I know Artbox does not provide a whole lot of info but usually before it releases they let us know exactly what all the serial #'s are and what the incentives are up through 25 case. I believe the 25 case was still TBD. I would normally have put my 10+ case order in by now but i don't want to left in the dark like with Heroes and Villians and miss out on the hot box incentive. I guess distributors aren't that hard pressed to make sales if they don't pressure artbox for the information.

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
They were waiting for last minute approvals from Warner Bros.Info coming today I have been told.
Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
New release date announced by Digital Heroes is 7th December.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Just thinking out loud here...

Since this one is coming out AFTER the movie releases, not before like previous sets, I wonder if this set will include storyline and images normally reserved for an Update set?

Or Artbox is just plain running behind.

Could go either way...

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
It should be a typical first set. Artbox started designing it months ago with the limited images WB supplied. The delay is due to WB and I doubt that Artbox now has the time to incorporate new images in this set that t will need for the update set.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Has anyone gotten their sets yet? Just curious how they look.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Release Date is pushed back to Dec. 10

They stagger shipping so distributors/dealers get them around same time. Artbox sent press release out stating delays from China manufacturing.

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Did the sets get released today?

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Confirmed release date is now Tuesday 12/14/10.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Seriously? It's been delayed this badly? Sorry, I haven't looked at this thread in awhile. I just had the set marked off as something to look for after the holidays

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From what I hear all the cases got caught up in customs after being assembled overseas. I know they did start shipping for sure though, so look for images and breakdowns to start popping up this week

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheMetatrOn:
From what I hear all the cases got caught up in customs after being assembled overseas. I know they did start shipping for sure though, so look for images and breakdowns to start popping up this week

There are a few people in this country who can relate to that problem Roll Eyes .Hopefully they do not get charged 20% of the purchase price plus fees to pry them out of the customs offices hands.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
Artbox shipped cases on Dec. 9 and 10. The official street date is still Dec. 14. I've updated the first post in this thread with all of the set info we have so far, including three redemptions (Ron Weasley, Ginny Weasley and Gregorovich autos).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kbmum,

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A few autos have shown up on ebay.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
Some of the base cards are not in the correct order following the scenes in the movie. Cards 74 to 90 should be from the end of the movie. Instead, they're from the beginning -- the Order taking Harry away, the Burrow, Bill and Fleur's wedding, and Snape at Malfoy's mansion.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I was a little tempted to pick up an autograph or two until I saw the cards -- my God, they are hideous.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Must say that on the whole I am not in favour of the design changes Frown .

I think the prop cards in a square box are better but I really don't like the costume cards star shape which I think is a cost cutting exercise so they can use smaller swatches to make more cards.You certainly have far less material on show than before.

And yes Jason00 I have to agree,those autos are awful.Change for changes sake is rarely a good thing and this set is a good example.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ra$
posted Hide Post
I agree with you 100% Jason00 they are really hideous especially the auto cards, didnt like the shape change on the costume with star overall didnt like this set at all, i just picked up 1 prop that was the coin card.

Posts: 97 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post