Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones InfleXions
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones InfleXions
 Login/Join

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
You should compare the price of this to the price of Valyrian Steel, not one of the standard season releases. It is of similar composition and price as VS.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
People are speculating that the Emilia Clarke autographs are cut from 258 West cards.

Again a possibility, but if RA went out and acquired some of these recently it would have cost them a bit, as the price of her 258 series autograph cards have also greatly increased as a direct result of being an alternative to her expensive GoT Season 1 and 2 auto cards.

The regular 258 West card had, not surprisingly, 258 numbered copies. There is also a gold signature card numbered to 100 and another black ink card numbered to 50. Those are the ones I'm aware of. I was lucky enough to pick up one of the regulars very early on and didn't give it much thought. No one was clamoring for her signature at the time and of course she is not pictured in any character.

Now it looks like even the regular card is going for over $200. I think they were selling for $25 - $35 originally. If we knew then what we know now. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Lots of cuts and an uncollectible (150 cards, only 3 per pack) base set... I can only there will be some other left over regular autos in this too, because at the moment the new full bleed duals are MUCH more interesting than the rest of this junk. Especially with that comedy price tag.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ravenheart,

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
Lots of cuts and an uncollectible (150 cards, only 3 per pack) base set... I can only there will be some other left over regular autos in this too, because at the moment the new full bleed duals are MUCH more interesting than the rest of this junk. Especially with that comedy price tag.

"Junk" is a great description! Big Grin Although an obvious premium product there's not much hope of completing even a base set, not at those box prices. Some more awful metal cards junk as inserts and some lace doily rubbish too by the sounds of it. A shame they didn't bother with this set and put more into the Season 8 set, as the S7 one was pretty light on the ground for value content.

No doubt RA will have to go through the usual run of Heroes & Villains, Women of... and other bloated crud. Big Grin S8 will be the last set I'll invest in to complete my seasons. Most things have been done to death by now anyway. There's still a few autographs I hoped they'd get, but if they haven't signed by now, they're unlikely to.

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lots of cuts and an uncollectible (150 cards, only 3 per pack) base set...

Yeah, I did end up buying too much of Valyrian and I still only came away with 35 metal cards out of a 100 card set that I really don't even care about completing. I did get a couple of autographs I liked, mainly a gold Addy and gold Turner, but I wouldn't have picked them up on their own.

The thing with the large and limited base sets now in many premium products sounds like a stuck record of a "you asked for it" argument. Collectors wanted base sets that had value. Card makers responded with base sets a normally active collector couldn't complete. Well "you asked for it".

So now many collectors are pretty much saying these base sets are too large for the number of cards we are getting in a box. Yet card makers are responding by making the sets even larger with an even lesser number of base cards in the box due to more inserts and parallels. When asked why, card makers say "Well you asked for it".

News flash . . . we stopped asking for it. I don't need 35% of a set I'm never finishing and I don't think anybody else does either. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Don't know when RA posted it, but GoT InfleXions boxes are sold out on its website.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
400 20 box cases = 8,000 boxes with a minimum of 2 autos per box = 16,000+ autographs.

I think I am missing the part on why this is listed as a high end premium product?

With that many autos it has to be filled with a bunch of the lesser known actors.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
With that many autos it has to be filled with a bunch of the lesser known actors.

If they're full bleeds of lesser known actors who haven't had a full bleed yet, then bring it on.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If they're full bleeds of lesser known actors who haven't had a full bleed yet, then bring it on.

Ha! I'm already collecting in too many different directions. Certainly not going to get multiples of sigs based on full bleed or not. Razz

Will be interesting to see what the secondary market for this will be.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
With quite a few dual signature cards, the cuts whether you like them or not, and a Clarke auto being back, I think this could have been an ideal product to open a few boxes. The problem I have is just the cost. I may try one, maybe not. Even at a discount off SRP, you will be basically spending enough for a good hit, that you have no guarantee of getting.

Now RA has apparently sold out GoT InfleXions more than a month in advance of release, so you know that RA doesn't care about out pricing collectors, so long as the dealers, distributors, flippers and bulk buyers are absorbing it. It's those first line buyers who are looking to re-sell that have to worry about whether or not collectors can afford it and what the secondary market will look like.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ha! I'm already collecting in too many different directions. Certainly not going to get multiples of sigs based on full bleed or not. Razz

Will be interesting to see what the secondary market for this will be.

Oh, I don't get multiples. Only full bleed.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I may try one, maybe not. Even at a discount off SRP, you will be basically spending enough for a good hit, that you have no guarantee of getting.

Right! For the regular collectors of this product (I never was) you really have to bounce what they have in this release over what the collector already has.

I ran into the same problem with the Walking Dead releases. At some point it really doesn't matter what the company produces.

I toyed with getting a case of this because I never collected and only have a handful of auto cards. Unfortunately the price tag gave me night mares. ;-P

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Just asking if anyone else is having trouble with RA website, scifihobby.com.?

I'm only seeing a banner and blank page. Don't know if they are down, upgrading, or it's just me.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Just asking if anyone else is having trouble with RA website, scifihobby.com.?

I'm only seeing a banner and blank page. Don't know if they are down, upgrading, or it's just me.

Same problems. Tried mid-afternoon Sunday and thought it was weekly maintenance, but it's still like that this morning. I tried reaching some of the sub-pages from Google links, without success, so it's the whole site.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Yes, still down.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The site is back up and running now.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
The site is back up and running now.

But still doesn't have a checklist for this set, so is it really? Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ravenheart,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It was posted that

"Checklist and Configuration of International Edition will differ from Hobby Edition."

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
It was posted that

"Checklist and Configuration of International Edition will differ from Hobby Edition."

So now I'm confused. Has RA been putting out International Editions on other titles? I just thought we had Retail and Hobby boxes to worry about.

I do know that certain autograph cards or hits might be exclusive to boxes not sold in the US and that's been going on as far back as 2001 at least. Like with the Hugo Weaving LotR autograph card that was only available in UK product. But that was a TOPPS title. Can't recall RA talking about international cards.

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Xena and Hercules animated had both a US and International release by Rittenhouse.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post