Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones InfleXions
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones InfleXions
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know when a final checklist will be posted?

Posts: 4 | Location: Raleigh NC | Registered: May 13, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nunthewiser:
Does anyone know when a final checklist will be posted?

Evidently late.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
Or maybe after they've announced they're making another 200 cases. Wink

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:
Or maybe after they've announced they're making another 200 cases. Wink

From another board- Maybe the "International version" sold out so quick that they're now printing another 250 cases for the "Outer Space Version".

On another note- one US dealer already has BOTH versions listed for pre-sale on Ebay.
Not sure how that US dealer got "International" product, but it appears he did. He seems to be a big dealer of Rittenhouse cards, so maybe he called in a favor. If any of you other big Rittenhouse dealers didn't get any allocation of "International" product, I would call and complain.

Posts: 82 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That seller is definitely "juiced in" to Rittenhouse. Almost all of his other listings are Rittenhouse products including lots of high dollar items like Archive boxes.

Posts: 4 | Location: Raleigh NC | Registered: May 13, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Checklist is out. Many top signers missing from the checklist, including:

Emilia Clarke
Kit Harrington
Jason Momoa

Also, no relic autos (just relics) or sketches listed.

https://www.scifihobby.com/products/....cfm?SetID=357

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nevermind....they just hadn't loaded them all on the list right away

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Big autograph list, 79 single. 19 duals. Many of the singles are very common signers. Broadbent and Dempsie continue to be extremely limited and I'm darned if I know why.

I think I spot 3 new signers at a quick look, Megan Parkinson. Souad Faress and Richard Rycroft. Don't know them.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
There are two more new signers who have exclusive cards in both the hobby edition and the international edition. They are Tara Fitzgerald and Richard Dormer. So that makes 5 new by my count.

Some of these signers have more than one card in different designs. So there are actually 81 different single signed cards, if you are counting both editions, but there is much less than 81 signers. Hope that makes sense.

Also the same signer may have two different and in some cases three different designs and one might be a VL and the other an L card. Lots are Gold and Valyrian designs.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the quality of the signers for such a premium product are awful.

Imagine buying a box and getting:

Donald Sumpter as Maester Luwin - Valyrian
Ben Crompton as Eddison Tollett - Valyrian
and a stamp as your big hits.

That's going to feel like $250 well spent.

The duals will the big earners I think and the cut cards will draw some big cash despite the fact the actor has never actually been in the same room as it.

Will pick my wants on the second hand market.

Posts: 29 | Location: scotland | Registered: May 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm glad the Fitzgerald and Dormer exclusives are on sh*t designs.

Hopefully the next set will have their proper ones in, and they'll be less limited.

I'm pretty pleased with this. Only 12 single autos I want, none of them particularly rare/in demand.

Also, what gmmk said above. There are going to be a lot of worthless boxes out there.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ravenheart,

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
Also, what gmmk said above. There are going to be a lot of worthless boxes out there.

Remember that RA is guaranteeing "1 Big Hit Per Pack" according to the website.

Now obviously "Big Hit" depends on your interpretation of it. Every pack doesn't have a dual autograph and even some of those dual autograph cards are common characters. Some of of the ELs and many of the VLs are of common characters. So if "Big Hit" means a limited autograph of a minor actor, that's not going to cut it.

Of the new signers added, no one is really important and the hobby and international exclusives sure aren't either. Can't figure out why those two signers were chosen.

Now it's not all bad because there are some autograph cards that people would like and who wouldn't want to take a chance on pulling a signed relic or a sketch. Looks like there are only 25 sketches total. So the possibly of hitting a big card exists and some of the other signers have been short printed and are desirable.

The problem is simply cost. At this price you really can't buy a box for the price of a "Big Hit" and not get one. If you do you are golden, but if you don't you kick yourself, but really you should always know better, but that's after the fact when you're looking at cards you don't want and can't sell for much. Big Grin

That's what really changed on this hobby when boxes started to skyrocket in price. Before you paid a price for the value of the cards and an average hit. And if you pulled a better hit, you did well. Now you are paying the price for the cards and a superior hit, which you probably won't get. So then you really get kicked in the teeth. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
GoT cards has been a real dichotomy for me. I love the show but have had no drive to collect the cards.

Not sure what is wrong with me.

There might be 10 or 12 autographs I want and I have about half of them already.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
GoT cards has been a real dichotomy for me. I love the show but have had no drive to collect the cards.

Not sure what is wrong with me.

Maybe nothing, maybe you're smart.

In the coming years I'll bet you can pick up 90% of the autographs cheaper than they are now. After Sunday's finale you might see them for sale in droves, but probably not at good prices. Wait a few months and pick them off cheap. Only the top 10% will hold for awhile after the last set comes out next year and most of even those will reduce in time.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Looks like there are only 25 sketches total.

No, that's the number of artists not sketches. Look at past seasons' checklists, that just how it lists them. Actually only 24 scenic artists because "Michael Horgan" and "Mike James" are the same person! One is his real name and one his professional name.

Posts: 67 | Location: TX | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I still don't see what's included in this to make it twice the price as previous GOT boxes - especially with the autograph list so diluted with low-end cards. Confused But it did sell out fairly quickly so maybe it's just me. Twak

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
I still don't see what's included in this to make it twice the price as previous GOT boxes - especially with the autograph list so diluted with low-end cards. Confused But it did sell out fairly quickly so maybe it's just me. Twak

It's not just you. This set is as diluted as the regular set release for Season 7, and yet it's at a premium price. RA are taking the pee! Mad Frown Roll Eyes
Boy do I regret ordering my box. Of course I had to pay up before the checklist was released, as did most people.

I might pick up a handful of autograph cards, but thankfully all shouldn't be silly money.
The duals from the Valyrian Steel set were much better match-ups and more desirable. Most of these duals I couldn't care less about.
And some of the signers are long LONG dead characters; Renly died in Season 2, so they must have been sitting on that card a while.

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ctacker:
quote:
Looks like there are only 25 sketches total.

No, that's the number of artists not sketches. Look at past seasons' checklists, that just how it lists them. Actually only 24 scenic artists because "Michael Horgan" and "Mike James" are the same person! One is his real name and one his professional name.

Are you sure about that?

The checklist says 25 Sketch Cards, not 25 artists. Same thing for Season 7, it has 20 Sketch Cards, not 20 artists.

Now Valyrian Steel specifies 20 Scenic Sketch Card Artists, but gives no indication of the number of sketches done.

I'm just assuming that 25 sketch cards means 25 sketch cards. If anyone has any other information about the number, maybe they can confirm or deny. I can't recall where RA ever releases any more data than what the checklists say.

Oh they also have 25 Sketch Cards listed in the International Edition, so should we assume 50 as a total? Don't know.

posted Hide Post
quote:

Are you sure about that?

The checklist says 25 Sketch Cards, not 25 artists. Same thing for Season 7, it has 20 Sketch Cards, not 20 artists.

Season 7 definitely had more than 20 sketches. It had 20 different artists.

Posts: 67 | Location: TX | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ctacker:
quote:

Are you sure about that?

Season 7 definitely had more than 20 sketches. It had 20 different artists.

Yes, I see that, but has RA ever said how many sketches appeared in the product? Over the years I've seen a few photos posted, but they are really limited. Never pulled one of course. I don't think they were ever called incentives, were they? It's a good question. Has anyone ever tried to find out the total number of GoT sketch cards in each set that had them?