Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    2021 Pop Century
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2021 Pop Century
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Red White and Blue release on the street, all cards numbered 1-5. Just when you thought Pop Century couldn't look any worse you should check out this disaster. I think Mugatu from Zoolander is the lead design manager at Leaf.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The ones up on eBay are all asking or running stupid prices too. Everything is a 1/5 or 1/3 and even common names are at $80. Got to get that box cost back somehow. Wink

Shame, I used to like Pop Century and didn't mind getting stuck with the oddball stuff and losing a few bucks for the fun of opening it and MAYBE pulling a good name. Can't do that at these prices now. Rarity means nothing if no one is looking for it. Rare junk is just junk.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
The ones up on eBay are all asking or running stupid prices too. Everything is a 1/5 or 1/3 and even common names are at $80. Got to get that box cost back somehow. Wink

That's been true of the last few sets, and you hit the nail on the head as to the reason why.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
A few of the regular issue set are starting to hit ebay. Official release date is tomorrow.

Looks like the case I ordered fell back into card distributor greed. Guess they thought the early quoted price was too low.

After making a list of what I want I think I will be ok buying them separate.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mykdude,

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I kinda makes you wonder how Leaf asked Kim Basinger (verses all of the Bond set makers) to get her to agree to sign for their set.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
I kinda makes you wonder how Leaf asked Kim Basinger (verses all of the Bond set makers) to get her to agree to sign for their set.

They couldn't ask her. She wasn't in a movie that had a Bond card set. It's confusing because Sean Connery played Bond, but Never Say Never Again wasn't produced by EON and isn't considered an official Bond film. It was actually a remake of Thunderball.

You won't find any cards from RA or UD that cover it, so Basinger isn't a "real" Bond girl. Wink

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Oh wow! Never even caught that. Actually I'm not even sure I have seen it. Was on an ignore Bond phase in the 80's. Didn't jump back in until Brosnan.

Guess it is good she is signing now. Smokin'

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
"Never Say Never Again" was a great movie. It makes you wonder what some of the other Bond movies could look like redone. In fact, what if they went back and reimagined "Dr. No" but still set it in the early 60's and then maybe "Live and Let Die." They wouldn't do all of them - just one or two or maybe one from each decade up to the 90's.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I think you are correct. That could be a cool thing if done right. Or maybe a single movie encompassing a cross section of ideas from the first group of Connery films. Definitely keep it in the time period.

I think the franchise was getting jumbled up in the 80's and I was getting tired of Moore. Plus that was the decade of graduating high school, leaving home, joining the Navy and starting a family....Bond kinda took a back seat. Cool

I will check it out this week.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:

"Never Say Never Again" was a great movie.

Eek Twak

Funny how people see things in a diffrent way to other folks. I thought it was awful, on a par with the worst Bond movie of all time in Diamonds are Forever.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:

"Never Say Never Again" was a great movie.

Eek Twak

Funny how people see things in a diffrent way to other folks. I thought it was awful, on a par with the worst Bond movie of all time in Diamonds are Forever.
Personal taste of course, but at least two of the Roger Moore films were worse than 'Diamonds ar Forever Smile Smile Plus, it did have one of the best Bond theme tunes ever courtesy of Shirley Bassey Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcVQCuq1u8s

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Watching that you tube that Diamonds looks like a great film. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post