Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Outlander Season 2 (Cryptozoic)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Outlander Season 2 (Cryptozoic)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great addition! Clap

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Finally. Should have been in the first set.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
Just hope the availability and price is better this time around.

The availability should be no problem, rumour is Cryptozoic have increased the production run considerably. Price if anything in the UK will be higher because of fall in sterling against the dollar Frown .

The exchange rate is slightly better than when the S1 set was released. I think it was hovering at $1.20-1.22 to £1 back then. It's currently $1.29 to the £. Of course Paypal can alter it a little and if the general election turns up a hung parliament then it might nosedive again. What we really need is Trump to have a huge mess up(with mud that actually sticks!) and the UK are in business again. Wink Big Grin

I found a couple of good US sellers last time and saved a LOT of money compared to UK sellers. I would genuinely like to buy from UK sellers first to support them, but my wallet only stretches so far.

I'm liking the look of a couple of the new signers. Smile

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I am amazed at the prices for the hits in this set and have come to the conclusion that it is practically all UK demand.

You'd think, but no. Most UK dealers didn't even bother ordering it because there was such low interest.

As a show it's really unknown here because it's exclusive to Amazon Prime Video, and has never been broadcast on TV.

Outlander is going to be shown on Channel 4 in the UK.
http://www.channel4.com/info/p...ama-series-outlander

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Promos P7 and P8 have just come out from events in Boston and NYC. Very tough to obtain.

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Aside from not having Caitriona (yet, at least) Cryptozoic really did a great job covering this season so thoroughly.

Clap Metal

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
Outlander is going to be shown on Channel 4 in the UK.
http://www.channel4.com/info/p...ama-series-outlander

It will be, yes (More4, not Channel 4), but doesn't start until the end of this month. Sadly too late to aid the problems with the first season card set.

Being buried on More4 is disappointing too. That really won't help its exposure that much, unfortunately.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ravenheart,

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere else on the site, but the release date for the set is 9 August. It was in an email from CZE I received today.

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic's test case break...

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone know what the binder card is going to be ? Is it B3 ? B1 and B2 were in the first two binders

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic posted an article on their blog about the inscriptions in the new set...

https://www.cryptozoic.com/blo...tograph-inscriptions

...and how cool is this one? ...

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What is the card inserted in the new binder that came out this week ? is it B3 ?

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
What is the card inserted in the new binder that came out this week ? is it B3 ?

According to the checklist on Cryptozoic's site it is B1 Sam Heughan as Jamie Fraser.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Several people are reporting boxes/cases of this being short autographs and/or wardrobe cards. I know seasoned collectors may be a little more understanding but I hope this doesn't scare away a lot of novices where Outlander may have been the first trading cards they ever bought in their lives. Anyone shorted in their boxes/cases is urged to open a ticket with Cryptozoic and they'll look into it.

George posted about the issue on the Cryptozoic blog:

https://www.cryptozoic.com/blo...ading-cards-season-2

posted Hide Post
Unfortunately there was no autograph card in my Outlander 2 Box. Now I'm very dissapointed because the autograph was the main reason to buy a box. Did anyone got the same problem and a solution?
Thanks a lot.

Posts: 24 | Location: Europe | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Surprised to see a manufacturer acknowledge a problem so publicly and I give them credit for that. Sounds like they think the cards didn't make it into the packs from a vendor and there's enough missing to be evident early on.

Throw back to the good old days when prized cards seemed to walk out the backdoor on a regular basis, maybe? Big Grin

Seriously, hope it's not much and CZE can replace any missing hits. There is really nothing worse than being shorted a guaranteed hit and I don't doubt that CZE will try to resolve it since they have made this announcement.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Karsten:
Unfortunately there was no autograph card in my Outlander 2 Box. Now I'm very dissapointed because the autograph was the main reason to buy a box. Did anyone got the same problem and a solution?
Thanks a lot.

You need to contact Cryptozoic. If you go to their website there is an announcement on the homepage dated 11th August about missing autographs in this particular release. There is a link within this statement where you can give them details and make a claim.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone know where the Promo P10 will be ?

P1 to P9 and P11 have all been released