Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Outlander Season 2 (Cryptozoic)

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/8147080686

August 25, 2017, 02:52 PM
David R
Outlander Season 2 (Cryptozoic)
See below as to the $ 750 a plate dinner you could have attended to get the P10 promo.

Tickets all sold out now.
August 25, 2017, 03:02 PM
Raven
So how much does a $750 cover charge make the P10 promo worth afterwards, if that's the only way you could have gotten them?

Good for at least one of those $20 bottles of beer is my guess. Big Grin
August 25, 2017, 03:20 PM
David R
The P7 and P8 promos were also exclusive to events in Boston and New York, and they were all over ebay shortly there afterwards
August 25, 2017, 04:05 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
The P7 and P8 promos were also exclusive to events in Boston and New York, and they were all over ebay shortly there afterwards

Well that's just it, is anyone guaranteeing what exclusive means or specifying how much production exclusive means?

If you have 200 guests and the promo is exclusive to that event, then you should have 200 P10 promos made to hand out and all else should be destroyed. That's what it would mean to me.

I wouldn't bet that's what it does mean though. And if they do show up all over afterwards, who can be blamed and what promise was broken when nothing was ever guaranteed? Just saying . . . Wink
August 25, 2017, 04:15 PM
David R
I noticed that when they showed up on ebay months ago, the sellers of the P7 and P8 were mostly from Boston or New York, with little or no feedback. So maybe most sellers were attendees, who wanted to make a buck
August 29, 2017, 01:27 AM
catskilleagle
Ebay is littered with "exclusive" promos though some have turned out to be truly scarce even with a print run in the 1000's. I was at the 2001 San Diego Comic-Con and attended the Star Wars event in one of the rooms after which the Star Wars Evolution P4 was handed out at the door. That was one of the in-demand cards at the show. It was semi-valuable for a while (a $10 or more card/good trade item) but it seemed to be everywhere not too long after the show. It settled to more of a $5-10 card over the next decade but now you can get it for about two bucks. An exclusive Star Wars promo for two bucks. How did that happen? I never heard even a rumor of the print run for that and only assume an unknown number were slipped to dealers as well.

Whatever the Outlander P11's going-rate rises to after it hits the market, I'm going to assume that you'll be able to find one cheap down the road.

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by David R:

Well that's just it, is anyone guaranteeing what exclusive means or specifying how much production exclusive means? If you have 200 guests and the promo is exclusive to that event, then you should have 200 P10 promos made to hand out and all else should be destroyed. That's what it would mean to me.

I wouldn't bet that's what it does mean though. And if they do show up all over afterwards, who can be blamed and what promise was broken when nothing was ever guaranteed? Just saying . . . Wink

October 06, 2017, 06:46 AM
hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
quote:
Originally posted by Karsten:
Unfortunately there was no autograph card in my Outlander 2 Box. Now I'm very dissapointed because the autograph was the main reason to buy a box. Did anyone got the same problem and a solution?
Thanks a lot.

You need to contact Cryptozoic. If you go to their website there is an announcement on the homepage dated 11th August about missing autographs in this particular release. There is a link within this statement where you can give them details and make a claim.

Didn't get an autograph in mine - Cryptozoic want the box top and proof of purchase so be careful if you buy a box with cash at a show without getting a receipt! Or in my case given as a gift!