Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    RD Jr rolling on a true auction.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RD Jr rolling on a true auction.
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
And ravenheart, I picked up that Jeremy Renner Civil War when it first appeared and I think I paid $90. Now it's $30. Eek Guess that was one I should have waited on, but Marvel didn't give him all that much to do. Big Grin Slippage.

I jumped on the Avengers Assemble Renner immediately as well for about $80 or $90. It was his first sig and you never know if they will sign again. I have liked him since the Hurt Locker. From what I have seen it has pretty much more than doubled and there are some asking a ridiculous $700 for them.

I don't know where the $30 Renners are. I recommend buying one every time you see one. Wink From my searches it seems that bottom out is around $100.

quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
Same thing with the Michael Pena autographs

Kinda of the same thing going on that typically causes a price to increase. Michael didn't sign for the follow on set (limited supply), his work as an actor is growing and he's a super likable individual (increasing demand)

Posts: 4858 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:

I jumped on the Avengers Assemble Renner immediately as well for about $80 or $90. It was his first sig and you never know if they will sign again. I have liked him since the Hurt Locker. From what I have seen it has pretty much more than doubled and there are some asking a ridiculous $700 for them.

I don't know where the $30 Renners are. I recommend buying one every time you see one. Wink From my searches it seems that bottom out is around $100.

Kinda of the same thing going on that typically causes a price to increase. Michael didn't sign for the follow on set (limited supply), his work as an actor is growing and he's a super likable individual (increasing demand)

Good, I was surprised to hear it was going for $30 at any time, but $100 is more like it. I paid just a little less at the release.

My thinking is much the same as yours. A good actor, with other work, at least a part in a big franchise and its a first signature. I did expect him to sign again though, just because there would be other films with that character and it was a sticker.

I'm not that familiar with Michael Pena, but he sounds similar. I don't think he stood out to me because he is more supporting. Renner starred in the Hurt Locker and a couple of others, but I think is also now falling into the second star slot. These guys should be younger and they would get more attention. But yes, they are good autographs to pick up from the standpoint of being favorite actors. I'll have to watch out for Pena.

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
Same thing with the Michael Pena autographs

Totally agree. . . that said the Pena prices surprised me. When his auto was $30 I was thinking I'll pick it up when it drops, but it never dropped. He has a small role in the films (I'd bet no one I know could tell me his character's name -- and I don't even know the character's name), and while he's super likeable he's not exactly a household name. . . Not long ago $100 autographs were pretty uncommon -- now Michael Pena is a $100 autograph.

Here is how a conversation would go between me any basically any of my friends/family about getting a Michael Pena autograph:

Me: "I bought a Michael Pena autograph!"
Them: "Who?"
Me: "He's a really funny actor -- he was in the Ant Man movies"
Them: "Who was he in Ant Man?"
Me: "One of the criminal guys -- the funny one."
Them: "Ohh ok." <Bewildered Look>
Me: "He's been in a lot of stuff. . . some really good cop movie I forget the name of, and I think he was in that really funny remake that Kristen Bell and Dax Shepphard were in"
Them: "Which movie is that?"
Me: "I don't remember . . . it's like 21 Jump Street kind of. . . but. . . I . . . hmm . . . can't remember the name"
--- We both get phones out ---
Me: "CHiPs"
Them: "I didn't see that. . . but he looks familiar"
Me: "Yeah, super happy to pick it up for $100!"
Them: <bewildered look>
Me: (Still looking at phone) "Ohh -- he was Luis in Ant-Man!"
Them: <bewildered look>

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not that familiar with Michael Pena, but he sounds similar. I don't think he stood out to me because he is more supporting. Renner starred in the Hurt Locker and a couple of others, but I think is also now falling into the second star slot. These guys should be younger and they would get more attention. But yes, they are good autographs to pick up from the standpoint of being favorite actors. I'll have to watch out for Pena.

He was pretty much the comedy relief in Ant Man. Some strong roles with Fury, End of Watch, Battle LA and did a pretty good Netflix entry with Extinction. Even had a smaller role as part of the rescue team in The Martian.

His Ant Man stuff pretty much got ignored early on and went between the $25 and $45 range. I think it's about $80 and above now. Plus they seem to be drying up.

Posts: 4858 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to think a 'hot list' thread should be started. . .

Just noticed that Rosa Salazar is starring in Alita Battle Angel. Her American Horror Story autograph used to be a few dollars -- they are asking $100+ on eBay now.

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm starting to think a 'hot list' thread should be started. . .

Just noticed that Rosa Salazar is starring in Alita Battle Angel. Her American Horror Story autograph used to be a few dollars -- they are asking $100+ on eBay now.

Yeah I noticed that too.....Battle Angel wasn't even all that great of a movie. Still, that set was really limited probably not more than 200 of her cards in production.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I loved BATTLE ANGEL ALITA the movie!

Posts: 2509 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, "Fury" and he was good in "Sniper" as an FBI agent with Mark Wahlberg.

I thought Renner was great in "Bourne Legacy." That was better than that last Bourne movie with Matt Damon (why'd they have to kill off Nicki and what happened to the Pam Landy story?).

quote:
quote:

He was pretty much the comedy relief in Ant Man. Some strong roles with Fury, End of Watch, Battle LA and did a pretty good Netflix entry with Extinction. Even had a smaller role as part of the rescue team in The Martian.

His Ant Man stuff pretty much got ignored early on and went between the $25 and $45 range. I think it's about $80 and above now. Plus they seem to be drying up.

Posts: 4400 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Interesting.....just floating out there at a grand less than before. The hype tide rolling back out to sea maybe?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ROBER...c:g:xusAAOSwP41dSO7I

That's the "Iron Man" version of his autograph. Those have never sold for above $2000 that I recall. The ones that sold for near and above $3000 are the "Tony Stark" pack-inserted versions which have Downey's picture on them.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Ha! Yeah I kinda figured that out shortly after I posted. Tried to delete it before anyone responded.

TOO LATE! Wink

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Wow! My "on card" Adam West autograph should be worth a fortune then. Wink

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Adam-...74ffa53477%7Ciid%3A1

posted Hide Post
quote:

Nice!

As should my gold dual West/Ward 2012 Pop Century . . . . that actually is a 1/1.

Maybe I can retire. . .

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Adam-...74ffa53477%7Ciid%3A1

You can dream. Let's see what it sells for, if it sells. Big Grin

The dual card is the best one, but I don't see the back shown, so I don't know if it's numbered or how many were made. The single autos of West and Ward don't seem to be numbered at all. I was told at one point that Ward wasn't signing much and was harder to get than West and then I heard it was hard to get them together for awhile. I think that changed well before West's death. Either way there are many autographs available for both of them, if fewer together, as they were signing for many years.

The thing with this lot, and what the seller hopes will make it worth at least a nice offer, is that all 3 cards are PSA graded 10. Now grading means less to non-sport collectors to begin with and considering the current clouds hanging over graded cards may not give it as a big a boost as it could have gotten even last year. But then again the idea of having a "10" trifecta might appeal to Batman collectors.

It will be interesting to see how close it gets to BIN or what the best offer is if it sells for less or if it doesn't sell at all. I wouldn't even hazard a guess on anyone else's actions anymore. I only know how much a card is worth to me. Wink

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Yeah, all of them are the white cards which falls in the nu-numbered category. Still typically low between 100 - 300 but even if all three were gold 1 of 1 graded 10 it would never be worth close to the asking price.

I personally find the Pop Century Ward cards much less appealing than the Americana.

It is kinda funny looking at the sellers stuff with 3 Sara Underwood bench warmer autograph cards at under $20 and then this. Big Grin

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just spotted someone trying to sell a Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson autograph from Scorpion King for $14,000. It's inscribed with "Last card I signed!" - which is probably even more true now than when he wrote it...

Posts: 795 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Someone must have a great sense of humor. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I didn't realize the Rock's SCORPION KING autograph card was worth that much. I'd let mine go for a thousand dollars less. Maybe even a thousand and one dollars less.

Posts: 2509 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
I didn't realize the Rock's SCORPION KING autograph card was worth that much. I'd let mine go for a thousand dollars less. Maybe even a thousand and one dollars less.

It is getting interesting. Some of the stuff that was always around (even in small quantities) seems to be gone these days. I picked up the SK Rock auto for about $125 several years ago. I can see this one being worth more but I'm sure I could plan a trip to somehow meet the rock for less than 14k. Wink

posted Hide Post
quote:
It is getting interesting. Some of the stuff that was always around (even in small quantities) seems to be gone these days. I picked up the SK Rock auto for about $125 several years ago. I can see this one being worth more but I'm sure I could plan a trip to somehow meet the rock for less than 14k. Wink

It is getting very interesting -- wish I got in on some of that Rock action at $125. Recent sales at $500 and $800 -- higher than I was guessing before I searched.

Vin Diesel is another one -- $200-300 now. I was buying these probably 5-7 years ago for $60.

A Kristen Bell Veronica Mars Season 2 autograph recently brought $205. I feel like that was also much cheaper just a few years ago, but I haven't bought one.

In a lot of these cases only a couple hundred cards (give or take) exist . . . they are really starting to dry up now, especially for guys like Rock and Diesel who only signed once.

I was surprised to see that Bell has maintained such good value as she continues to sign pretty regularly.

posted Hide Post
Seth Rogen Green Hornet auto recently sold for $180.