Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Wars Perspective
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Perspective
 Login/Join

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Cook did not go for that it was an error

PS: It's an asking price Kevin

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
Cook did not go for that it was an error
I'm very pleased/relieved to hear that Tom.

quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:PS: It's an asking price Kevin
True..but it's still a big ask Big Grin Thumb Up

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Tell Tom Jr its his ask

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Tom, Congrats!!!! I'm so thrilled someone I e-know pulled a Ford!! Your son as well, very happy for the both of you!!

It's good karma for something you did for me two weeks ago Smile Congrats again!!!! Btw guys Tom is one of the most generous people I know in this industry!

Posts: 90 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stewbacca:
quote:
I hope the patches are tiered in some way and some are rarer than others, would be a nice added bonus if they weren't all the same numbers produced.

I for sure dont-- there are already 30 of the damn things to collect- so that means five cases of perfect collation to get a complete set-- the rarity of that alone is going to be a problem-- I dont need ones being even rarer than others....

Topps posted at Scoundrel that the number of manufactured patches is the same for each patch, but some of the patches are used for more than one card, making some patch/cards rarer than others.

Here is the list:

Manufactured Patch Cards:

Garven Dreis X-WING FIGHTER PILOTS: RED LEADER
Wedge Antilles X-WING FIGHTER PILOTS: RED TWO
Biggs Darklighter X-WING FIGHTER PILOTS: RED THREE
John D. Branon X-WING FIGHTER PILOTS: RED FOUR
Luke Skywalker X-WING FIGHTER PILOTS: RED FIVE
Jek Porkins X-WING FIGHTER PILOTS: RED SIX
Ric Olié NABOO STARFIGHTER PILOTS: BRAVO LEADER
Rya Kirsch NABOO STARFIGHTER PILOTS: BRAVO FOUR
Officer Ellberger NABOO STARFIGHTER PILOTS: BRAVO FIVE
General Veers AT-AT WALKER CREW: BLIZZARD ONE
AT-AT Driver AT-AT WALKER CREW: BLIZZARD ONE
Obi-Wan Kenobi JEDI STARFIGHTER PILOTS
Anakin Skywalker JEDI STARFIGHTER PILOTS
Plo Koon JEDI STARFIGHTER PILOTS
Arvel Crynyd A-WING FIGHTER PILOTS
Clone Pilot ARC-170 CLONE FIGHTERS
Luke Skywalker SNOWSPEEDER PILOTS: ROGUE LEADER
Zev Senesca SNOWSPEEDER PILOTS: ROGUE TWO
Wedge Antilles SNOWSPEEDER PILOTS: ROGUE THREE
Hobbie Klivian SNOWSPEEDER PILOTS: ROGUE FOUR
Dak Ralter SNOWSPEEDER PILOTS: ROGUE LEADER (GUNNER)
TIE Pilot TIE FIGHTER SQUADRON
Grand Moff Tarkin DEATH STAR COMMAND
Darth Vader DEATH STAR COMMAND
Han Solo MILLENNIUM FALCON PILOTS
Chewbacca MILLENNIUM FALCON PILOTS
Lando Calrissian MILLENNIUM FALCON PILOTS: Gold Leader
Nien Nunb MILLENNIUM FALCON PILOTS: Gold Leader
Ten Numb B-WING PILOT: ENDOR VETERANS
Scout Trooper ENDOR SCOUT TROOPER PATROL

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Great information! So having unique patches in them, there are less of these patches than the others:

Garven Dreis X-WING FIGHTER PILOTS: RED LEADER
Wedge Antilles X-WING FIGHTER PILOTS: RED TWO
Biggs Darklighter X-WING FIGHTER PILOTS: RED THREE
John D. Branon X-WING FIGHTER PILOTS: RED FOUR
Luke Skywalker X-WING FIGHTER PILOTS: RED FIVE
Jek Porkins X-WING FIGHTER PILOTS: RED SIX
Ric Olié NABOO STARFIGHTER PILOTS: BRAVO LEADER
Rya Kirsch NABOO STARFIGHTER PILOTS: BRAVO FOUR
Officer Ellberger NABOO STARFIGHTER PILOTS: BRAVO FIVE
Arvel Crynyd A-WING FIGHTER PILOTS
Clone Pilot ARC-170 CLONE FIGHTERS
Luke Skywalker SNOWSPEEDER PILOTS: ROGUE LEADER
Zev Senesca SNOWSPEEDER PILOTS: ROGUE TWO
Wedge Antilles SNOWSPEEDER PILOTS: ROGUE THREE
Hobbie Klivian SNOWSPEEDER PILOTS: ROGUE FOUR
Dak Ralter SNOWSPEEDER PILOTS: ROGUE LEADER (GUNNER)
TIE Pilot TIE FIGHTER SQUADRON
Ten Numb B-WING PILOT: ENDOR VETERANS
Scout Trooper ENDOR SCOUT TROOPER PATROL

With this in mind, it could well be that the Luke (and possibly Wedge Antilles) patches for the X-Wing and Snowpeeder will be the most valuable patches in the set, considering amount of patches made crossed with character popularity. I did see a Luke X-Wing go for $150, but that could yet be an early bird sale which tend to be inflated.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No-- you have that wrong-- TIE Pilot, BwIng Pilot, A Wing, Pilot, Clone Pilot.. and Scout trooper will all have the full allotment-- I prefer not to break it all down since that will only help people jack their prices up..

Posts: 29 | Location: Shelbyville, KY | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yes, without breaking it down to actual numbers. Snowspeeder pilots and X-Wing pilots patches are the most desirable to have.

Posts: 21 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I actually opened both cases last night-- Ill try and post pic tomorrow..

However--

Good sketches were only about 25%-really bad sketches were also 25%- and I think I got 2 or 3 from each of the same artists. in my cases-- very bad collation as far as that part is concerned

I got 2 of the same patch cards and 2 of the same autos (Bulloch, Forrest) as well..

However I did pull a Hamill...

Now to decide whether to keep it or sell it..

Posts: 29 | Location: Shelbyville, KY | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
I like those patches, how do they look in person?

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Honestly to me veryd isappointing-- some are difficult to read - with bad stitching-- the designs are uninspired, and the cards feel like you might break them if you handle them incorrectly since they are hollowed out..

I really thought that they were going to do something cool with these-- like unit insignias-- I mean Rogue Squadron, or Tierferon Yellow Aces, or the Shadow Squadron (some of these unit insignias are even described in the books) or clone squadrons nose art (like WWII unit pactches)-- or the Wolfpack squad or something--
But these things are just very unispired and boring. - Not to mention the pointless variants so they had to design less patches--

posted Hide Post
It's Star Wars, this set will sell no matter how good or bad. I wish Topps would have better QA over the sketches. Several of their releases have been mared by bad sketches.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed that the sketch quality looks very hit and miss.

Am really liking the high end autos though and the pictures that have been chosen. The Fisher auto really is a lovely card. The Hamill in Bespin fatigues isn't bad either!

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BE AWARE-- Card list says 350 cards-- in Actually there are 351-- there are two card #88 (I think) ROTS Darth Vader-- one is Darth Vader-- the other is Anakin as Darth Vader- two distinct card fronts..

posted Hide Post
Here are mine

posted Hide Post
Wow, can't complain about any of your pulls! Overall great sketches.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stewbacca:
BE AWARE-- Card list says 350 cards-- in Actually there are 351-- there are two card #88 (I think) ROTS Darth Vader-- one is Darth Vader-- the other is Anakin as Darth Vader- two distinct card fronts..

Very interesting... I wonder if there are other variants?

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Looks like the known SP variations are
76 (Darth Vader)
96 (Luke Skywalker)
125 (Princess Leia)

The variation cards show Anakin in "Jedi Purge" (76)
Luke in "Stormtrooper Disguise" (96) and Leia "Despair on Hoth" (125)

So that's 3 so far, but there could be more. Topps has been doing this with their baseball cards for a few years now. It began with their "Heritage" brands which present modern players using the designs of yesteryear. Back when those designs were brand new, and quality control wasn't what it is now, there were unintentional errors, some of which have become quite valuable over the years. The idea of placing intentional "errors" or "variations" into new baseball sets is to pay homage to the old days. Beyond that, they will sometimes have a particular number issued with a modern player, only to be replaced with a Hall of Famer on a very limited run of cards with that same number.

Interesting that they've moved this concept to Star Wars cards. I would think that the red, blue, and gold parallels of these cards will be made with only the regular card image and not the variant. There's also a good chance there are a few more variants not yet discovered.

I wonder how often they are found. I like it also that the four promo cards from Celebration 6 show different images than were ultimately used in the set. So with those 4, and the 3 known variant, a truly complete base set is really 357 cards.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dang, I knew that Anakin card seemed different somehow. After ripping through a case worth, I specifically remember looking at that card and thinking it seemed different. Now.... to sort out the 3,000 singles.

Posts: 12 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe Dave can speak up and let us know how MANY different ones there are. That would at least be helpful knowing if the 3 found already are it or if we should continue sorting through all our base

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post