Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Wars Perspective
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Perspective
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Any news about retail version?

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 70 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
I know Jarred doesn't get much love from a lot of folks who diss his work for not being an actual sketch, but these look really awesome and I wouldn't mind pulling any of them.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arvin Sloane:
I know Jarred doesn't get much love from a lot of folks who diss his work for not being an actual sketch, but these look really awesome and I wouldn't mind pulling any of them.

Cool, thanks for the kind words. These are going to be my return cards.

The scans really don't do the cards justice, the colors run pretty deep and the cards pop in person.

Have a good one!!

(hopefully you were talking about the cards I posted, you said Jarred, but my name is Jason. If not, feel free to slap me a few times. Wink )

Posts: 70 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Jason those look nice! Hope the pack inserted cards are on the same level!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
Jason those look nice! Hope the pack inserted cards are on the same level!

These should be pack pulls.

posted Hide Post
I hope these make it into packs as well, they are pretty thick.

These are deep and rich with color. The scans don't do the texture justice.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Those look sweet Jason! Love the embossed Fetts!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
Those look sweet Jason! Love the embossed Fetts!

Thanks,

I'm pleased with the way these came out. Hope you guys are too.

Jason

posted Hide Post
Awesome work man!

Jim Kyle

Posts: 353 | Location: Jersey | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JimKyle:
Awesome work man!

Thanks man. High praise indeed. Much appreciated.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Nice stuff,

Wish Topps had this prodcut available at Celebration instead of after. Does not make sense. I am actually looking forward to the patch cards because there are so many star wars fans that just collect patches!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
any new or concrete information on this product? Dave said two months ago that an artists list was forthcoming and a few signers for the auto's were "on the fence"...with the product set to release at the end of the month any additional information would help...

Posts: 5 | Location: midwest | Registered: September 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Good luck getting info.
Still waiting for news about a retail version.

Topps usually stands for TOP SECRET. Cool

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xtime:
Good luck getting info.
Still waiting for news about a retail version.

Topps usually stands for TOP SECRET. Cool

Apparently there isn't going to be a retail version according to a report from Celebration 6 (can't remember the source). Makes sense given the number of chase sets and the enormity of the base set.

Heck I would not like to have to be buying retail for yet more chase sets given this is already an overpriced and oversized set. I bet the hobby boxes will be at retail stores though.

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daviswr7:
any new or concrete information on this product? Dave said two months ago that an artists list was forthcoming and a few signers for the auto's were "on the fence"...with the product set to release at the end of the month any additional information would help...

I ordered this product only for the potential of getting a Ford auto, so I sure hope this "on the fence" rumor is just that - a rumor.

Posts: 47 | Location: indiana | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
wow, hobby boxes in retail stores? Really? So the average guy walking into target has just as much chance pulling a Hall or Pence sketch, Ford auto or a nice patch as the hobby box buyer?

Posts: 5 | Location: midwest | Registered: September 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daviswr7:
wow, hobby boxes in retail stores? Really? So the average guy walking into target has just as much chance pulling a Hall or Pence sketch, Ford auto or a nice patch as the hobby box buyer?

Not so much the average guy, but the first guy, certainly.

It's been debated on this board before the extent to which it occurs, but pack searching at retail is ubiquitous, there is no doubt, and it is especially effective when looking for sketches, autographs, and relic cards (such as patches) due to the variance of those cards in relation to regular base and lower lever chase cards.

For this reason, one should always be careful when purchasing packs at Target, Walmart, etc, as the literally thousands of "hot pack" auctions listed on Ebay and elsewhere at this very moment provide a ton of empirical evidence to back up that fact.

I like that Topps, among others, still works to get their products into retail stores, but really, they should only sell them in search-proof box "blaster" type packaging. In the case of Star Wars Perspectives, they could do 4-5 pack boxes for $20 or perhaps 7-8 packs for $30. Just my opinion, but if only to circumvent pack searching, I would have that single packs with the the possibility of sketch, autographs, or memorabilia cards in them weren't sold at retail at all.

Posts: 3319 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoopy351:
I ordered this product only for the potential of getting a Ford auto, so I sure hope this "on the fence" rumor is just that - a rumor.

I can appreciate this, as I'd love a Harrison Ford auto, too, but please consider that even if he signs for this set, your chances of pulling one of his autographs is only slightly higher than if he hadn't signed for the set at all!

That is to say, there would probably be only 10 or so Ford autographs inserted in packs if his past participation is any clue to the number to be inserted this time. That means that even if the print run on this set is especially low, say 6,000 boxes, the Ford cards would still be a one in 600 box pull (or one for every $60,000 dollars worth of of boxes purchased at $100 per box!).

Even so, if they do exist when the time comes, I hope you get lucky and find a Ford. Good luck!

Posts: 3319 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
quote:
Originally posted by snoopy351:

I can appreciate this, as I'd love a Harrison Ford auto, too, but please consider that even if he signs for this set, your chances of pulling one of his autographs is only slightly higher than if he hadn't signed for the set at all!

That is to say, there would probably be only 10 or so Ford autographs inserted in packs if his past participation is any clue to the number to be inserted this time. That means that even if the print run on this set is especially low, say 6,000 boxes, the Ford cards would still be a one in 600 box pull (or one for every $60,000 dollars worth of of boxes purchased at $100 per box!).

Even so, if they do exist when the time comes, I hope you get lucky and find a Ford. Good luck!

I appreciate your logic, but I planned to sit on a case and sell it sealed - if no Ford, that plan just went horribly awry. (and i wouldn't have ordered it had i known it)

Posts: 47 | Location: indiana | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post