Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Wars Perspective
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Perspective
 Login/Join

posted
Just saw in the release calendar a new Star Wars product coming out in August called Star Wars Perspective. Did anyone have any info what is about? Cannot find any information here or at Topps website.

Posts: 90 | Location: california | Registered: June 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Since out last issue was released, the series has been renamed Star Wars Galactic Files.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Is that the third name for it? Wasn't it Star Wars 35th Anniversary a couple issues ago?

If it says Star Wars, we're bound to buy it.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any info on this? Is a collector set with autograph or sketches, or just a gaming set or stickers?

Posts: 90 | Location: california | Registered: June 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
We have thread below for what was mentioned two issues ago as the 35th Anniversary set, it sure seems like this is the same set as that given the release date is about at the same time.

This name sure sounds like it's a TCG set or something aimed at kids.

Topps, please give us some info please Wave

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ScoobyDew79
posted Hide Post
Star Wars Galactic Files sounds too close to Star Wars Galaxies for my taste. /shudder

Seriously though, like everyone else, I wonder where the info is on this release. Plenty of info on Mars Attacks out now, including sketch card images. I'd think if it was an auto/sketch release, we'd hear something soon, since artist should be getting their cards soon. The release date is only a month later.

Posts: 43 | Location: Oxford, Mississippi | Registered: December 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Hey Guys,

Hang in there, full details will be available very soon. It's not a gaming set, not stickers and is absolutely, positively not a Galaxy set. It's something totally new and something unlike we've ever done before. I am very excited. I'll stop by after the info hits and answer any questions.

The date has been moved to September to accomodate the artists and give us a little more development time.

Posts: 36 | Location: New York | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Great news! Thanks David! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Here is more info from Previews

Celebrating the 35th Anniversary of A New Hope, Topps is releasing its most ambitious Star Wars card set to date! This massive 350-card collector's set covers the characters, creatures and vehicles from all 6 films as well as the Expanded Universe and The Clone Wars. Each super-premium 24 pt. foil-stamped card is full of intriguing details and includes a set of icons that cross-reference other cards in the series that relate to it. Plus each base card has 4 sets of rare parallels: Blue (350 each), Red (35 each) and Gold (35 each).

Special inserts complement this in-depth retrospective: "I Have a Bad Feeling About This," Duels of Fate, Heroes on Both Sides, and Classic Lines. Additionally a set of 20 Foil insert cards showcase rarely seen black and white photography from the original trilogy.

Each Hobby Box includes 1 Sketch Card and either 1 Autograph (Hobby Only) or 1 Embroidered Patch "relic" card (Hobby Only).
12 cards per pack, 24 packs per box.

A very expensive set. Is it meaning the recession is over Wink

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
A very expensive set. Is it meaning the recession is over

If only I possessed that power.

A large driver in the size of the set is to encourage trading and to add more value to the base cards.

Posts: 36 | Location: New York | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
A large driver in the size of the set is to encourage trading and to add more value to the base cards.

On the other side David, you are right. I just finish a big set that why I was saying that. Keep up the good work Smile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
4 is a misprint, it's only 3.

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
As a big Star Wars fan I'll be in for a couple of cases, can't wait to find out who's signing!!!

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
You would think that the Reds would have a number that fell somewhere between the Blue and the Gold, say like 100 or something like that.

Wasn't all that pleased with Galaxy 7, I'll need some more info before I buy this, especially with the Mars Attacks set coming out this summer.

Of course waiting for more info from Topps come be a very, very long wait, so I won't be holding my breath. Wink

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
I agree, it really doesn't make a lot of sense to have two different parallels with the same serial numbering...especially that low. I am hopeful that it was a typo.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of richscards
posted Hide Post
I know David mentioned that the large set is designed to encourage trading and increase the value of the base cards, but how realistic is that?

I don't want to come across as super negative, because I AM excited about the set, but as a retailer, I think this configuration is going to be tough on the average collectors out there.

Consider that people who purchase a complete set are going to be looking at $12 just for shipping within the US, and $25 for shipping to international locations like the UK and Australia, I don't see them being willing to also pay a lot more for the card set, since the total purchase could be almost double a typical set purchase just because of shipping alone.

As much as I like the idea of a comprehensive set, I am a little concerned that shipping costs will drive away a lot of buyers, and pulling only 4-5 sets out of an entire case just means I have to buy twice the inventory to service the same number of customers I would serve on a typical release, which may not be feasible.

I am definitely going to be more cautious on this product as a result, which is a bummer because I was so excited about a non-Galaxy release...time will tell I guess. Hopefully all these chase and parallel sets will add a bunch of interest and excitement to the market.

OK, stepping down off my soap box...but I am curious how others here feel about a 350 card set.

Posts: 178 | Location: SF Bay Area, USA | Registered: August 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Hard to say, you would have to be looking at a $50-$60 (min) base set delivered in the states. Folks are paying $25-$30 for Avengers sets at 176 cards, so it is not unheard of.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
The gold parallel information above is incorrect. The golds are 1/1.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Whew, talk about a lifelong project! People are still trying to build a gold set from 30th when they were numbered to 30.

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Yes, one Gold Parallel per card.