Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Wars Perspective
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Perspective
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
1. The big 3 were represented in the 30th Anniv. release.
2. So far nothing different as far as skethces ...not better or worse. I think that many HOPED that artists like Hughes/Brooks/Vandersteldt/Kayannan etc could be secured for this 35th Anniv. set...too early to tell .Maybe Topps did get a few of the Big Guys to sketch a few
3. The patches might be a big hit if they are tiered . Some being rare and 1or 2 being Ultra Rare.

Topps just doesn't release any information. It certainly would help to let us know what we are searching for or if we have hit paydirt or not. Just my thoughts

Posts: 21 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by viperdays:
1. The big 3 were represented in the 30th Anniv. release.
2. So far nothing different as far as skethces ...not better or worse. I think that many HOPED that artists like Hughes/Brooks/Vandersteldt/Kayannan etc could be secured for this 35th Anniv. set...too early to tell .Maybe Topps did get a few of the Big Guys to sketch a few
3. The patches might be a big hit if they are tiered . Some being rare and 1or 2 being Ultra Rare.

Topps just doesn't release any information. It certainly would help to let us know what we are searching for or if we have hit paydirt or not. Just my thoughts

The 3 patches with buy it nows that went up sold instantly. Prices on those were between $25 and $30, so that's a starting point. There is also a signer not on the list, found by the same seller who sold the patches.

It's Irvin Kershner, the late director of ESB. Topps did mention that they had some leftover sticker of Irvin and that they would use them for this set. Glad to see they did, and the card looks great!

This set appears to be a real boon for ESB fans the Chewbacca and Boba cards picture them from that film and now the director's been added to the set. Folks will have a much better chance of adding ESB specific autos to their collections than they did on ESB 3D Widevision, since the autograph odds were REALLY long on that set, plus these are regular sized cards which I think most prefer with autographs.

I wonder if they had any Ralph McQuarrie stickers left to use this time? I imagine we'll find out soon.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flag City Collectibles:
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
Posted 6/29

quote:
Originally posted by David Waldeck:
Final Signers list:

Bonnie Piese
Amy Allen
Daniel Logan
Felix Silia
Jeremy Bulloch
Matthew Wood
Peter Mayhew
Richard LeParmentier
Anthony Forest
Ray Park
Harrison Ford
Carrie Fisher
Mark Hamill
James Earl Jones
Jake Lloyd
Michonne Bourrigue

There are a few others signers on the fence, but as it stands now, this is the list.

Retail packs will stay at $3. This should help build the set out for less money if you're not as interested in premium inserts.

Artist list forthcoming. Still a couple things being finalized.

Is this the final confirmed list of signers? I know there was mention a few more could be added. ThanksSmile

Add Irvin Kershner to list. Hopefully there are more besides, but the late director of Empire Strikes Back is a very nice addition!

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mark Hamill
Carrie Fisher
Harrison Ford
Irvin Kersher
Amy Allen
Bonnie Piesse
Daniel Logan
Felix Silia
Jeremy Bulloch
Matthew Wood
Peter Mayhew
Richard LeParmetier
Anthony Forrest
Ray Park
James Earl Jones
Jake Lloyd
Michonne Bourrigue

final list as posted by Waldeck the other day.

Posts: 21 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Allender's site says there was no Hamill in Star Wars 30th, and if so, this set is the first time the big 3 are in the same set.

Having landed them all, Topps really should have made a triple autograph, at least one. Maybe a folding panel card with a Sean Pence or Adam Hughes sketch of the Luke, Leia, and Han on one panel and the three autographs on the other.

posted Hide Post
Harrison Ford ( 10; 1:49204 packs)
-- Anthony Daniels ( 75; 1: 6561 packs)
-- Carrie Fisher ( 75; 1: 6561 packs)
-- Peter Mayhew ( 100; 1: 4920 packs)
-- David Prowse ( 100; 1: 4920 packs)
-- Colin Higgins ( 300; 1: 1640 packs)
-- George Roubichek ( 300; 1: 1640 packs)
-- Jon Berg ( 400; 1: 1230 packs)
-- John Dykstra ( 400; 1: 1230 packs)
-- Richard Edlund ( 400; 1: 1230 packs)
-- Gary Kurtz ( 400; 1: 1230 packs)
-- John Mollo ( 400; 1: 1230 packs)
-- Lorne Peterson ( 400; 1: 1230 packs)
-- Ken Ralston ( 400; 1: 1230 packs)
-- Norman Reynolds ( 400; 1: 1230 packs)
-- Phil Tippet ( 400; 1: 1230 packs)
-- Joe Viskocil ( 400; 1: 1230 packs)
-- John Williams ( 625; 1: 789 packs)
-- Rusty Goffe ( 770; 1: 640 packs)
-- Kenny Baker (1000; 1: 492 packs)
-- Paul Blake (1000; 1: 492 packs)
-- Maria deAragon (1000; 1: 492 packs)
-- Garrick Hagon (1000; 1: 492 packs)
-- Christine Hewett (1000; 1: 492 packs)
-- Richard LeParmentier (1000; 1: 492 packs)

My bad. Easy mistake to make as Hamill is by far the easiest of the Big 3 to get to sign.He has signed for several sets over the last 5 years. Which btw is great that he doesn't despise the character that still puts coin in his bank on a daily basis :-)

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cool, cool, and not knocking you at all, Viper, since it's Waldeck's list, but it's a little funny that at least four of the names on it are spelled wrong. I get it, he might not have had the list in front of him, but the corrections, all to the last names, are:
BOURRIAGUE
LePARMENTIER
SILLA
KERSHNER

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A Gold Parallel (1/1) of the Chewbacca (Mechanic) base card has popped up. It'll be interesting to see what those go for.

Now there is a truly impossible task, assembling a Gold base set which would require 350 1/1's in this case.

Also, it looks like the early rate for a 408 card minimaster is only about $120. That's the base set plus all 5 regular chase sets. So for someone not into the "hits" cards, they can acquire every other card in the set for a little more than the cost of one box.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
so how many boxes is it taking to build the 350 regular set?

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flag city. Well you have around 250 base cards per box after you take out inserts/parallels/hits so I would guess if coalition was perfect 2 boxes would get you a base set.

I am 6 boxes in and loving it so far. Pulled a really really nice full color Nina Edlund sketch, Bulloch Mayhew and Park autographs, and a couple other nice sketches. Also pulled a 1/1 Gold Parallel.

I hope the patches are tiered in some way and some are rarer than others, would be a nice added bonus if they weren't all the same numbers produced.

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hope the patches are tiered in some way and some are rarer than others, would be a nice added bonus if they weren't all the same numbers produced.

I for sure dont-- there are already 30 of the damn things to collect- so that means five cases of perfect collation to get a complete set-- the rarity of that alone is going to be a problem-- I dont need ones being even rarer than others....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stewbacca,

Posts: 29 | Location: Shelbyville, KY | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stewbacca:
quote:

I for sure dont-- there are already 30 of the damn things to collect- so that means five cases of perfect collation to get a complete set-- the rarity of that alone is going to be a problem-- I dont need ones being even rarer than others....

That is because you are a collector, and I am a dealer Wink

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Anyone know how many James Earl Jones there were??

And were there only 10 Harrison?

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There are 16 card retail packs for this release, as well. One of them has appeared for sale as a "Hot Pack" with a sketch in it.

As always, buyer beware Retail packs at the store if your main interest are the "hits". I'm glad these are offered at retail, but I just can't understand while they are sold as single packs when Topps must know what goes on with those. It would be so easy to offer these as "blasters" and I'm sure they would sell that way. It would give all retail buyers the same odds on pulling "hits" while simultaneously putting the pack searchers/hot pack sellers out of business.

If anyone gets a retail pack, please post the odds from the back of the pack here. I'm curious to know what's in them, and at what rate those cards are found.

posted Hide Post
Just seen a Carrie Fisher autograph sell. Am liking the particular chosen image.

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So based on calculations, the autographs numbers are:

25 Harrison Fords
50 Kershner
75 Hamill, Fisher, Jones

all the other autographs should have the same print run of around 450 each. You have roughly a 1:3.5 chance of pulling one of the 5 big autos in a case. Not too bad.

Blue Parallels 8-10 per box, Red parallels 9-11 per case, Gold parallels fall 1:3 cases

There were only 10 pack inserted Harrison Ford autographs in 30th. More hit the market, because I believe his management or the charity or someone got some as extra. I cannot remember the exact story, but it was something like that.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just saw the James Earl Jones Vader and Han Solo autographs and the Empire-centric theme of the autograph cards continues as both of those characters are pictured from ESB.

The Fisher is a lovely photo all right, it's a publicity shot, but from which film, Empire also?

By the way, it looks like our good friend Tom Breyer of Breygent is the one who hit the Ford and the James Earl Jones that are now appearing for sale. I wonder if those came from the same case. No matter what, congrats on the awesome pulls, Tom!

posted Hide Post
I've discovered the cards I did were exclusively done for retail. I don't know the odds, but I can only assume they are greater than the one per box hobby sketch cards.

That being said, I've got 7 of my returns available once they get in hand. Please inquire for availability.

Posts: 70 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
By the way, it looks like our good friend Tom Breyer of Breygent is the one who hit the Ford and the James Earl Jones that are now appearing for sale. I wonder if those came from the same case. No matter what, congrats on the awesome pulls, Tom!
That will make up for him pretty much giving away a Katie Cooke sketch for $60 earlier. I think he may be going to the other extreme with that asking price for the Ford autograph though.

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Both Autographs came out of same case and I was shocked as after all these years I never gotten a big hit.Tom Jr got the lucky hit in the last box of this case. Tom Jr is the driving force behind Tomunique now

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post