Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Wars Perspective
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Perspective
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just for clarification - Embroidered Patch "relic" card, is that a manufactured patch/relic?

Posts: 3 | Location: California | Registered: June 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Yes, Manufactured Patch Relic.

Posts: 36 | Location: New York | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
For a "super premium" set that sounds like it will cost more than Galaxy, any "manufactured" items should be bonus hits. Also, I certainly hope that the artists will be held to higher minimum standards if you expect folks to fork out a ton of dough. I am usually in for at least 2 cases of each Star Wars product, but a whole lot more info needs to be forthcomming before I plase a pre-order.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
So, from my calcs - I reckon there will be

24500 boxes
5 blue parallels per box
1 red parallel every other box
1 gold card every 70 boxes

How did I do Mr Waldeck?

Of course I could be wrong. Confused

Collecting the blue set will be fun

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
That calculates to over 3000 8 box cases, I don't think that's the case. How did you come up with your estimates?

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve j:
So, from my calcs - I reckon there will be

24500 boxes
5 blue parallels per box
1 red parallel every other box
1 gold card every 70 boxes

How did I do Mr Waldeck?

Of course I could be wrong. Confused

Collecting the blue set will be fun

At this point, all calcs would be nothing but a wild guess as we do not know if all of the parallel cards will be in retail as well.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
No numbers can truly be defined until orders are due and that's a ways off.

Parallels are Hobby only. Sell Sheet is completed and approved by LFL, so it should be released in the next couple days. I'll check in to answer questions or clarify anything needed.

Posts: 36 | Location: New York | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
A few comments for David.

5 blue parallels to a box would be fun to collect if it were true on a set of this size, please make this be true however the red and gold parallel sets are not needed in my opinion purely because this set is so big.

Not sure why this was not named 35th Anniversary as it sure sounds similar to 30th.

I disagree with some, I think the $100 a box is way too much, especially in this economy.

My 2 cents worth.

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
Wow, this set sounds very exciting. I really love the 30th anniversary set and now something similar is coming, I´m really looking forward for this set. The parallel sets sounds a bit too hard to collect. I wonder what kind of relic cards there are going to be, maybe a piece of Vaders helmet or what could there be? Who is going to sign autos, I hope Harrison Ford and Hayden Christensen maybe? What do You guys think? And another great set of sketch cards. Oh yes, a case of this is a must!

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know, I am not so sure yet. Just doing a few basic odds worries me about the potential quality of sketch inserts if they have to cover a very large run. Here's my thinking.

On parallels alone, there will be 350+35+1 x 350 = 135,100 parallels or 469 boxes / 59 cases.

Assume that parallels fall 5-6 per box, that would be up to 3,500 cases! In fact, even if parallels were much more common, we could still be looking at a few thousand cases, compared to Galaxy 6 & 7 that I guess might have been 7-800 cases? (does anybody know the run of those?)

I know it all depends on orders, but I just worry about how you can keep up the standard of sketches if you have say 2000 cases or 16,000 boxes, which is 16,000 sketches. I remember buying some Indiana Jones Heritage cards which had a massive run, and the sketch card quality was very poor. I had blank box after blank box on that product.

I will probably get a box or 2 and try to do the base set, but I doubt I will buy a case. I honestly sometimes wonder how box break dealers of any card products at the moment can hope to make a decent return, especially with high box prices and difficult economic conditions.

Never the less, I will be very interested to see the sell sheet when it comes out, and it is to be applauded that Topps are at least trying something different with the base set.

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Salama:I wonder what kind of relic cards there are going to be, maybe a piece of Vaders helmet or what could there be? Who is going to sign autos, I hope Harrison Ford and Hayden Christensen maybe?

There will be no actual relic cards in the product. Topps will be putting in manufactured patches (which may be cool, but should NEVER be refered to as relics) in the product. For a set that is as ambitious as this, they should be able to land Hamill, Fischer, Ford, Christensen, Portman AND Jackson.

I would assume that the blue parallel cards would be in retail as well as hobby unless they plan on putting in 1 per pack. If the price is much higher than Galaxy has been, pre-orders will not be anywhere near what they are planning on.

Picture of Stargaterules
posted Hide Post
N.Portman would be awsome but i don't think she will ever sign cards since she has always turned it down in the past ( Star Wars and Thor ) . All we can do is hope .

Posts: 91 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Natalie Portman refuses to sign Star Wars items unless the money goes to charity, so I don't think you have any chance of her signing for this set.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Harrison Ford took forever to persuade to sign and only did after Topps made a sizable donation to a charitable cause in his name as I recall...same could be done for Portman.

Picture of Stargaterules
posted Hide Post
Well , They did that for Harrison Ford's autographs . He has the charity on the back of his card as well . ( Star Wars cards that is ) the Indiana Jones auto's didn't have the logo but i believe the money still went to the charity .

Posts: 91 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eng621
posted Hide Post
Are there going to be any promo cards for this set? Or a binder?

And it is nice hear that a Sell Sheet will be made!

Posts: 113 | Location: Yorkville,IL., USA | Registered: April 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eng621:
Are there going to be any promo cards for this set? Or a binder?

And it is nice hear that a Sell Sheet will be made!

Don't bet on a sell sheet in physical form.

They do the art for a sell sheet and release it in .PDF form for almost everything now. Hoping this is an exception but with Mars Attacks Heritage already having one, I'd be amazed at two in one year.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
We will be printing a physical sell-sheet for this one.

We were waiting on some info but it's done. Solicitation should hit pretty soon.

Picture of Stargaterules
posted Hide Post
I can not wait for the auto list for this set . Ray Park signed for autographic cards . Since i have a tattoo of Darth Maul on my right arm .... I am holding my breath he has a card in this set . I just hope there are no auto cards as rare as Ford in the 30th set . That set took me forever to complete . Are the odds of pulling them / quantity going to be on the advance sheet ?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Waldeck:
We will be printing a physical sell-sheet for this one.

We were waiting on some info but it's done. Solicitation should hit pretty soon.

One of the issues I have had with the recent Galaxy sets is that information has come very late in the day, in particular on artists, sketchagraphs etc. Would it be a possibility that some additional information on these subjects could be made available to the community with the sell sheet?, so people can make an informed decision about whether to pre-order or not.

Many thanks.
Rich

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post