Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Classic Vintage Movie Posters Sci-Fi & Horror cards Series 2
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic Vintage Movie Posters Sci-Fi & Horror cards Series 2
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I want it all and i want it now. Elephant

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Chase Set

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Chase Set of 3

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Binder

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Fantastic, gimee gimee gimee. Clap

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've pre-ordered a few packs. If it's half as good as the first release of Vintage Sci-fi/Horror set I'll be pleased.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I love the first release. I can't wait!!!!

Posts: 4 | Location: Trenton, Ohio | Registered: June 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Just curious, what is the cost of these packs? What are the ratios? I just would like to know so I can budget accordingly.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:
Just curious, what is the cost of these packs? What are the ratios? I just would like to know so I can budget accordingly.

Can't say what the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price is at this point, if there is one.

Ratios can pretty much be worked out by Tom's Post:
quote:
EXCITING NEWS!

The new Sci-Fi Horror Classic Vintage Movie Poster Cards will be released at the end of July.

The 3.5” by 5” cards will highlight the artwork of these classic posters.

Each package will include 9 cards:
4 - base cards (49 card set to collect)
1 – Promo Card
2 – Chase Cards
1 - sketch card
1 - 2.5” X 3.5” Metallogloss® card (18 card set to collect)
Plus random autograph cards
A binder will also be available to hold these cards with 4 pocket pages

So, with perfect collation youi would need 13 Packs to have enough base cards to make a set.
You will need 18 Packs to have enough Matallogloss cards to make a set.

I'm guessing after that, you probably have the chase sets at 2 chase per pack.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5081 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Thanks much for the ratios, but I still would like a ROUGH idea of how much a pack will cost. (I'm just used to buying boxes. This whole "pack thing" is very odd to me.)

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks much for the ratios, but I still would like a ROUGH idea of how much a pack will cost. (I'm just used to buying boxes. This whole "pack thing" is very odd to me.)

This is just a guess at what sellers will be charging but if you look at Breygents Golden Age of Comics and Cartoon releases which also came in pack form of 1 sketch per pack plus base/Metallagloss. On that site they tend to go for between $20-$30 each pack. Plus, Tom seems to have pushed the boat out with release including even more cards in each pack

Having said that this release may have an even greater appeal to collectors as it's a continuation of the previous release by Breygent which proved VERY popular.

CAN'T WAIT Bouncey

This message has been edited. Last edited by: treksearcher,

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:

These cards are more expensive to dealers than either Golden Age of Comic or the Cartoon Sketch Art Series. Probably due the fact that the cards are 2x bigger. The Metallogloss cards should be very impressive, but heavy.

Breygent does not usually do Suggested Retail Prices, but I'd guess these would SRP at about $39.00.

You should be able to find a Friendly Dealer™ that has them for less. But low to mid thirties is probably as low as they'll go.

Impressive set, not sure if I'll put the base set together though. That will be a challenge.

Ed

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Scifi Cards,

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5081 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

Impressive set, not sure if I'll put the base set together though. That will be a challenge.

Ed

Yeah, that's the only thing bumming me out about this set. I'll pick some up for sure, but compiling a complete set will put a mighty dent in my wallet!

Posts: 1571 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Ed i believe everything you say but i find it hard to accept that having purchased all of series 1 Tom would make series 2 too exspensive to collect, it does not make any sense.

Am i missing something here?

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
It seems that it would cost $390.00 to make 1 base set (if collation were perfect).

I'm sorry, but in these economic times, that is unreasonable.

I know there is a sketch card in every pact etc. etc., but one of the things I loved the most in the first series were the base cards. Large images with detailed info on the back. You got a base set per box, along with a nice assortment of inserts (sketch, usually an autograph, and glitter chase cards). I liked the set so much, I ended up buying 4 boxes of it with no regrets at all.

Now, I don't think I'll be buying a single pack of series 2. Don't get me wrong, I love the previous Breygent releases, I have always been a big supporter of them, I just think $30+ per pack is not fair to those who would love a basic set of these cards, but don't have $400+ of disposable income. It's an unfortunate move that I hope Breygent does not repeat.

This is just my opinion.

posted Hide Post
quote:
It seems that it would cost $390.00 to make 1 base set (if collation were perfect).

I'm sorry, but in these economic times, that is unreasonable.

I know there is a sketch card in every pact etc. etc., but one of the things I loved the most in the first series were the base cards. Large images with detailed info on the back. You got a base set per box, along with a nice assortment of inserts (sketch, usually an autograph, and glitter chase cards). I liked the set so much, I ended up buying 4 boxes of it with no regrets at all.

Now, I don't think I'll be buying a single pack of series 2. Don't get me wrong, I love the previous Breygent releases, I have always been a big supporter of them, I just think $30+ per pack is not fair to those who would love a basic set of these cards, but don't have $400+ of disposable income. It's an unfortunate move that I hope Breygent does not repeat.

This is just my opinion.

i would not worry and just get the base set from one of the bigger dealers that rip and flip i am sure the base set will be well below 400 bucks if you wanted a full set of the metallogloss cards it might be more pricey.
i would try and look about what the base set of the the comic or cartoon base set are running to get a decent guess for what it might cost.
it is changing times in the card collecting world i think the pack idea is more geared to the rip and flip dealers and "hit collectors" or ppl that just buy boxes for the sketch. the pack idea also adds value to the base set since its so much more rare now plus i would belive it keeps manufaturing costs down since they would only have to print say 100 sets instead of of 50,000 sets i even know some collectors that less interested in this set since the sketch cards are not the standard size. this is just my thinking and opinion of course

Posts: 230 | Location: pa | Registered: March 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Why don't we all wait and see when the product is released. It makes no sense to throw Breygent "under the bus" without giving the product a chance. Maybe once you see what comes in each pack, you may feel differently. And as for the MSRP, no one has any idea how much a pack will cost yet. Why guess. Let's just wait and see. I am sure when dealers start breaking packs down you will be able to pick up a set and the chase at a fairly reasonable price.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Big Dealers WILL have Base Sets available, however, you can't expect to pick them up for a couple of $'s as with most base sets these days.

Tom is going for quality not quantity.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Make no mistake, I'm not questioning the quality of the set (Breygent releases are always quality). I'm just wary of the way this set is being released. But to be fair, I will wait until the product is released before coming to any other conclusion. Smile

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
To me base sets are the meat of the business but get no respect. Calm down sets will be reasonably priced by dealers trust me.
More work goes into the base set then anything else.
Tom