Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Classic Vintage Movie Posters Sci-Fi & Horror cards Series 2
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic Vintage Movie Posters Sci-Fi & Horror cards Series 2
 Login/Join

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Gary Conway

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Gary Conway back of card

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
Live Product Friday the 13th

Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
Live Product Friday the 13th

i just posted my pulls in the pulls section
check them out
and happy friday the 13th

Posts: 230 | Location: pa | Registered: March 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Is Breygent offering sets direct to dealers on this? I saw someone online offering a master set (everything minus sketches) and the listing said they were sealed from the manufacturer.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Mini master sets were an incentive to dealers when they purchased a certain amount of packs.
They incluse the 49 card set, all 4 autos, 18 metallogloss cards, 5 Phantom of the Opera chase cards and 3 Barbarella chase cards.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Now that this product is live i will be very intrested to see what the selling prices are. I don't mean the sketch's and auto's, they will take care of themselves. I'm sure a lot of people will be keeping a close eye on this to see if the collectors will go for more expensive base sets for example. Will box buyers buy packs instead?

Has Tom or anyone mentioned how many packs of this product have been made?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think there is a pretty good indication of how the market is looking at the Golden Age of Comics base set.

There are a lot of sets priced between $30 and $50 sitting in Ebay stores that are not selling.

The few that have been put on at auction seem to sell for between $15 and $20.People are willing to pay a small premium for them but not what a dealer needs to break even,let alone make a profit.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
You can't compare apples and oranges. The Golden Age of Comic base sets are a very different product than the Sci-Fi movie posters are. They are already selling very well. As for the amount made, there were 4,000 packs made. If you do the math based on a 24 pack box, only 166 boxes of cards were produced. So I would guess that due to the low print run, it will do very well and in time, the value of base sets will increase. I like this idea because it is sad to see base sets sell for $1 So much work goes into making them that it seems a sin for them to sell that low.
Actually, so far since the product went live friday morning, one dealer alone sold over 20 Sci Fi sketches in the first 24 hours for over $1,300.00 SO it appears that the Sci-fi is doing great. I really like the cards and chase. The sketches are amazing and some just are so good they look like photos!
Breygent puts out great titles and I personally think that Sci Fi will really wet the appetite of non-sport collectors.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: beamer,

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:

As for the amount made, there were 4,000 packs made. If you do the math based on a 24 pack box, only 166 boxes of cards were produced.

Thank you for that, You are right about some of the sketches, they are very good, i have not seen a binder for sale yet though.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
Part of the problem right now is that it's going to take some time for the mentality of buyers to change on base sets. Right now they are looking at those BINs and thinking "I'm not paying $30.00 for a base set". Hopefully when the supply dries up and buyers see that there is no surplus for dealers to discount, the buyers will adjust to the higher prices.

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
I just recently purchased the base set for $25, the Barbarella chase set for $3, and the Phantom chase set for $4. Also, the seller had most of the metallogloss cards available for $2.99 each. The way I look at it, a box would have cost me around $60 - $70 anyway (if Breygent issued them). Granted I didn't get a sketch, but I'm okay with that. There is going to be a huge selection of sketches soon (there are already many out there), so I can pick one up at my leisure.

Now granted, I prefer to support the manufacturer. But in this case, only people with serious cash to invest can purchase enough packs to build multiple base & chase sets. So, the only way I could get them was through a third person (ie: auction). I know the $30 pack is a great format for the seller with the $$$$ to invest, but for the casual box buyer, it's not nearly as fun.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

As for the amount made, there were 4,000 packs made. If you do the math based on a 24 pack box, only 166 boxes of cards were produced.

Binders have not arrived with dealers yet. No word on when to expect them either. Maybe Beamer can shed some light on them...

Ed

Thank you for that, You are right about some of the sketches, they are very good, i have not seen a binder for sale yet though.

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

Binders have not arrived with dealers yet. No word on when to expect them either. Maybe Beamer can shed some light on them...

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Personally, I think the autos, chase and base sets will be the eventual big sellers here. With 4000 packs, there are 4000 sketches. The problem I have with the movie posters products generally is there's a limit to the number of images available so many of the sketch cards are very similar so it's unlikely that people will buy vast numbers of sketches. However, there's only 200+ metallgloss sets, 350- base sets and maybe 1000 autos (in total).

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
The Sci-fi binders are being made and will be released soon. I wish I had an exact date, but as of now I don't. I will see if I can get more information tomorrow.
Paranormal binders are also being made.
As for the sketches, some of them, actually a large amount of them are absolutely amazing. The quality of the art and the time the artists took to do them is really exceptional.
I already see a few on that site I would like to own!
As for buying large quantities of packs to break, that is and has happened. Many dealers have ordered significant quantities of packs and I am sure their intention is to break packs and make sets. Tangent had a point about there being alot of sketches having similar images, but in the big scheme of things, 4,000 sketches to go around the world to all the collectors might just be a good number. I am sure as dealers start to open more packs, you will see a wide range of prices for the sketches that hopefully will allow all those interested to be able to afford at least one sketch. With over 350 million people in the US alone, I would hope some of them, even those who are not non sport card collectors might see these as more than a "card" and buy them for the artwork.
With collectors in other countries also looking, I think that this series should do very well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: beamer,

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting for some packs and will definately be splitting them.

The first release of Sci-fi/Horror was one of the best releases ever (IMHO) and can't wait for the packs of the Second Release to arrive.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i think this is an amazing set
and beamer is 100% correct compareing GAoC and sci-fi poster is apples and oranges
and overall the sketches are pretty great across the board it is not hit or miss like in some other sets
this set is a winner in my books

Posts: 230 | Location: pa | Registered: March 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My Packs will arrive tomorrow, I've had to pay a VAT charge on the package. Not long to wait now. Bouncey

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Good luck with your pulls, i hope you get lots of things you like.