Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Rick and Morty Season 1 (Cryptozoic)

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/8017098986

April 10, 2018, 01:37 PM
Flag City Collectibles
Rick and Morty Season 1 (Cryptozoic)
Actually excited for a card set, first time in years. Trying to track down all the promos, anyone know if the P4, P5, P6 were are inserted together or randomly inserted (only 1 per) in the non-sport update mag?

April 10, 2018, 04:22 PM
Ryan Cracknell
They're one per magazine.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
May 30, 2018, 02:51 PM
samauto
Has anyone got a firm order for any of this stock? My suppliers have been sold out for ages. Was trying to get some for my customers, but now we've just seen that there are only 1 auto every 2 boxes and sketches 1-2 per box. Putting together a Master set of autographs might be cheaper than buying 1 case...Especially at current prices.

June 26, 2018, 02:01 PM
Ryan Cracknell
Rick and Morty arrives tomorrow.

Checklist is posted: https://www.beckett.com/news/2...son-1-trading-cards/

It's actually got a lot going on. Autographs are numbered. Some inserts are exclusive to retail while others (and a couple of autographs) are only available at conventions.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
June 26, 2018, 02:13 PM
webjon
Fantastic to see a Crypto release at retail! Hope this is an ongoing trend!
June 26, 2018, 02:16 PM
Tommy C
Seems like 1/2 of the autos are limited to 50 each, and about 1/2 of them limited to 100

One auto is limited to 10 !

Even some of the single cards in the chase sets are convention exclusives
June 26, 2018, 03:54 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:

Yeah, I agree, but is this really a retail title? It's not for kids and it will only appeal to the base, who then have to want cards.

I had to look this show up when I first heard they were doing it. You need the right titles to try out new things or else, if it doesn't work, you still don't know if it was a bad idea or just a bad execution of a good idea.

Limited hobby is fine, but for retail, what kind of production numbers are you talking about?
June 26, 2018, 04:06 PM
Ryan Cracknell
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

Yeah, I agree, but is this really a retail title? It's not for kids and it will only appeal to the base, who then have to want cards.

I had to look this show up when I first heard they were doing it. You need the right titles to try out new things or else, if it doesn't work, you still don't know if it was a bad idea or just a bad execution of a good idea.

Limited hobby is fine, but for retail, what kind of production numbers are you talking about?

Retail goes beyond the Targets and Walmarts, which I'm not sure these will be there. Cryptozoic mentions Hot Topic, Box Lunch and Ikon Collectables, which are where the R&M crowd are.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
June 26, 2018, 04:44 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
Retail goes beyond the Targets and Walmarts, which I'm not sure these will be there. Cryptozoic mentions Hot Topic, Box Lunch and Ikon Collectables, which are where the R&M crowd are.

So now I'm going to have to look those up. It's no wonder I don't know current Pop Culture. I have no idea where it hangs out. Big Grin
June 26, 2018, 05:02 PM
Tommy C
So if you are collecting a master set with all 44 autos, only 10 people in the world will be able to make one up, as the checklist says the auto of Justin Roiland as Wildcard is limited to 10
June 26, 2018, 06:50 PM
Logan
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
the checklist says the auto of Justin Roiland as Wildcard is limited to 10

Apparently on those he did a little sketch along with his signature...

I never heard of this show until about two weeks ago when I had to go read about it online after hearing all the buzz about the card set. Don't know if the show is my cup of tea. I'm not much of an animated movie/show watcher anymore. Animated shows for me begin and end with the 80's classics from when I grew up - like He-Man, Transformers, Thundercats, G.I. Joe, etc. Angel
June 26, 2018, 09:08 PM
samauto
I want that auto card!!!

Might even trade my season 1 Emilia Clarke auto for it

Pete

June 26, 2018, 10:54 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by samauto:
I want that auto card!!!

Might even trade my season 1 Emilia Clarke auto for it

Pete

Yeah, I'm never gonna have it, but I'd take you up on that trade in a second. Big Grin
June 26, 2018, 11:37 PM
webjon
I think it is great that so few non-sport collectors have heard of this show, yet from what I can tell it is basically sold out everywhere. . .

Crypto has had a couple releases now which have managed to spread far outside of non-sport collectors, which is awesome!
June 27, 2018, 02:02 AM
hammer
quote:
I think it is great that so few non-sport collectors have heard of this show, yet from what I can tell it is basically sold out everywhere. . .

Crypto has had a couple releases now which have managed to spread far outside of non-sport collectors, which is awesome!

I agree, let's hope they become interested in the hobby too
July 08, 2018, 08:12 AM
samauto
Anyone found any retail boxes of this release? Also, who has opened any? Would love to see scans of the sketches