Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Topps 2011 American Pie
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Topps 2011 American Pie
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Below is a link to Topps site where you can download a complete list of the American Pie 2011 set.

American Pie Checklist Download

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
I've opened several basters and each had a hit. Mostly relics (either actual or manufactured HOLLYWOOD patches). I've been buying at Target, the cost is $20 per.

I haven't hit an autograph out of a blaster yet, but I did find 1 stamp card, 1 coin card, and 3 buy backs (the buy backs were in addition to the hit).

I bought one blaster box at Target and got the Enrique Iglesias Autograph Redemption Card and a Partridge Family Buyback card. I haven't redeemed the Iglesias as yet though.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
I've been buying blaster boxes here-and-there for the past 3 weeks. So far, every box has had a hit. I haven't pulled a stamp, coin, patch or historical relic yet. I did, however pull a Buck Rogers buyback and 2 redemption cards.

It's a fun set to put together. The card stock may not be the best, but at least the photos on the cards are better then the Americana sets!

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
If anyone has sent in the Hendrix redemption, could you please let me know what the pending ship date is?

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
I'm still waiting for redemptions in this set. I called yesterday and asked about the Hendrix relic and the three Bret Michaels cards. I was told that something might be happening within the next couple of weeks, but it doesn't sound good.

Topps sent a last appeal to the management for both to try to get the items. If the cards can't be produced, Topps will send replacement cards of "comparable value." Yeah, we know what the means. The customer service rep said the company knows that people don't want sports cards as replacements for an entertainment set, but couldn't rule out that sports cards were an option.

He said that if I don't like the card I receive, I can contact Topps and work with them to get something better. He did not yet have a list of potential replacements.

So...I sent an email to Bret Michael's management to ask about the cards. I haven't received a reply. If they do write back, I have a feeling they're going to claim they know nothing about this set.

Also, the rep said there is going to be another American Pie set. It was supposed to be released this month, but has been pulled from the schedule for now. Has anyone heard about this?

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's why I hate redemptions.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
I really wanted the Hendrix relic, but someone here talked me out of it. I'm glad now, because I would have been furious to spend $150-$200 for a redemption and receive a replacement card.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I think card manufacturers have gotten a lot better at not putting redemptions in their products. More often than not, recent redemptions have been due to the size or thickness of cards and they just couldn't be pack inserted. Redemptions are just more trouble than they are worth for consumers and manufacturers alike.

As for buying redemptions on cards that are late arriving or may not be finished yet, never do it. That's my best advice, never do it. Hold off until someone else gets the card and then buy it. Even though it will cost more, you won't be taking the risk. Bad enough if you pull one and have to hold your breathe, that you can't help. There are just too many times when you get that old "comparable replacement" line. That just means you get a hit of the same type, manufacturers may consider secondary market value, but they are not bound to provide the same value, especially when the original card never actually made it to the market.

kbmum, you should ask Topps if they can give you a good hit from the new American Pie set as compensation. They might be open to it if you lose the redemption card and there is nothing available close enough to it in the 2011 release. Good luck.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's ridiculous. The Hendrix relic was one of the marquee "hits" in the product. To not come through on that is a huge misstep.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kbmum:
I really wanted the Hendrix relic, but someone here talked me out of it. I'm glad now, because I would have been furious to spend $150-$200 for a redemption and receive a replacement card.

I just realized that was us on page 1, happy you didn't got stuck holding it. As you can see my opinion of redemptions hasn't changed any. Big Grin

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any news as to when Tops may come out with another AP set? I really liked the first one.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

I just realized that was us on page 1, happy you didn't got stuck holding it. As you can see my opinion of redemptions hasn't changed any. Big Grin

That's right! And I'm quite grateful! Smile

I don't understand why another company was able to produce a Hendrix relic this year, yet a big company like Topps can't close the deal.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
There's still no news on the open redemptions for this set. I called Topps customer service last week and specifically asked about the Hendrix card. The rep said no decision had been made yet, but it wouldn't be a good idea to purchase the redemption card.

I used to complain about Artbox's Harry Potter redemptions. Over all of the sets, there was only one redemption they were unable to fulfill. With Topps, it seems like this is SOP for multiple cards for just about every set.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
I need a little help with this set. I recently purchased a sealed box with 24 packs. I just noticed that the box is a little bit different than others I've purchased. There's an area on one of the sides that looks like a sticker, but it's actually printed on the box. It gives a pack price of $2.99 with the statement, "Priced Per Pack Only -- Do Not Sell As Full Box."

Apparently, I bought a retail box, and I'm not too happy with myself. I thought the retail boxes were only blaster boxes. Does anyone know if it will have the same insert odds as a hobby box, with three inserts per box?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kbmum,

Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
I have an outstanding Jamie Foxx relic card from this set. What's more annoying is seeing that the regular Foxx autograph cards were inserted in boxes. Is it that difficult to acquire a piece of clothing from Foxx?

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Apparently, I bought a retail box, and I'm not too happy with myself. I thought the retail boxes were only blaster boxes. Does anyone know if it will have the same insert odds as a hobby box, with three inserts per box?

I can't say for sure, but I'd guess this will follow the standard that retail odds will be tougher than hobby.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
The retail blasters were pretty well loaded, so there's no reason why a retail box wouldn't have the same pretty good odds. I remember watching on youtube a fellow opening a retail (non blaster) pack getting an autographed Henry Winkler relic, so there are definitely some hits in those.

Crack it open and let us know what you get.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses. I was planning to open it on Open That Box Day, but I just might be tempted to crack it sooner. Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
I admit it. I'm weak. I gave in and opened the box because I was upset that it's retail instead of hobby. It had what I think is the same number of lower-level chase, but only two instead of three premium inserts. I pulled a Trista Sutter auto relic (she's the original Bachlorette) and a Jimmie Walker relic.

Lesson learned. I'll be reading auction descriptions and looking at the pictures much more carefully from now on.

posted Hide Post
Don't feel bad I've done this too many times. You get caught up in the heat of the auction and forget to look at the details. Doesn't help that many sellers try to hide the fact their selling retail stuff.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post