Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Ghostbusters (Cryptozoic)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ghostbusters (Cryptozoic)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Indeed. Didn't see that coming.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Now that is good news!

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Terrific!

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Arsenio Hall announced as a signer:

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
That's shaping up to be a nice autograph lineup. It's a shame though that Bill Murray won't sign autographs.

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Darth Vader Fan:
That's shaping up to be a nice autograph lineup. It's a shame though that Bill Murray won't sign autographs.

Not to get hopes up because I do think it's a long shot, but we don't know for sure that Murray isn't signing for this.

Yeah, he's weird and reclusive, but he does still sign autographs.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
Not to get hopes up because I do think it's a long shot, but we don't know for sure that Murray isn't signing for this.

Yeah, he's weird and reclusive, but he does still sign autographs.

I reckon there's about as much chance of that as Axl Rose fronting AC/DC... oh, wait.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This really is going to be a fantastic set. Here are a couple more great additions:

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I guess they didn't get David Margulies, the mayor of NYC in both films, as he passed away in January

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Cryptozoic has reached out to Rick Moranis to sign for the set? Last I heard about Moranis, he has basically retired from acting.

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
He's returning to acting apparently, but he specifically said he wouldn't be appearing or even making a cameo in the new movie, so seems unlikely that he would sign for a Ghostbusters card set, either.

That said, I'd love a signed card from him. His work on SCTV is legendary, and even though he's not a singer, he made a great Seymour in "Little Shop of Horrors".

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't count out a Moranis. He just said that he would not want to return for the new one if the material wasn't there. He doesn't see to hold any ill will towards the franchise. He semi retired from acting when his wife passed away to raise their children. They are now grown up and I look forward to seeing him back at the movies.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I am pretty stoked that Aykroyd, Ivan and Annie Potts are signing. Bill Murray is so wacky these days I almost would not be surprised to see his sig in the set.

As far as the new film? I have been pretty much turned off by the previews. The effects look better but the performances seem really forced. Like they are trying too hard.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Two more signers announced:

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
According to Cryptozoic's site autograph odds are 1:30 packs and sketches are also 1:30 packs. That averages out to 9.6 of each per case. Not the best news if you're more into the autographs but fantastic news for sketch collectors.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
According to Cryptozoic's site autograph odds are 1:30 packs and sketches are also 1:30 packs. That averages out to 9.6 of each per case. Not the best news if you're more into the autographs but fantastic news for sketch collectors.

That would depend on the quality of the average sketch you pull. You know who are the common autographs by the checklist, but common sketch quality is something you don't find out until the boxes get opened.

All sketches displayed before release in big titles are always the best ones in packs and sometimes they turn out to be APs and ARs. You need a product like what the Pernas put out before you can rely on a sketch to carry the box in MHO.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Bobby Brown was in Ghostbusters?

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Bobby Brown was in Ghostbusters?

Ghostbusters 2, it was a 20 second cameo with about two lines of dialogue.

He also sung the Ghostbuster 2 song, I forget the title.

I thought they might have gotten Ray Parker Jr. to sign first, but I guess Bobby turned out to be easier.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Ghostbusters 2, it was a 20 second cameo with about two lines of dialogue.

He also sung the Ghostbuster 2 song, I forget the title.

I thought they might have gotten Ray Parker Jr. to sign first, but I guess Bobby turned out to be easier.

I guess it works if you are collecting musician authentic autographs. I could file him with my Ozzy, Coolio and Meat Loaf cards. Wink

Ray Parker Jr would have been a total win for this set!!