Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Ghostbusters (Cryptozoic)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ghostbusters (Cryptozoic)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Product page has been put up on Cryptozoic's site:

http://www.cryptozoic.com/ghostbusters-trading-cards

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
The binder looks good.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
It's great to see a manufacturer take a chance on not only a film property, but an old one. I really hope Crypto does well this this and that it will encourage them, and other manufacturers, to try properties like this that I think many of us were not expecting to be produced.

And who doesn't like Ghostbusters?!? Will be interested to see who they get off autos. Bill Murray would be out of this world.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Bill Murray would never agree to do another Ghostbusters movie, so the chance of his signing for a card set is nil. Aykroyd and Weaver have never signed cards, so they are probably almost nil, although she has done limited personal signings before.

Ramis is dead and Moranis has dropped out of public life. Potts and Atherton might do it, only because they are a bit less popular, but they haven't been in any products either.

Ernie Hudson is the only cast member that is a good bet to be available, based upon his history of signing for Heroes and I think Stargate, or one of those TV shows.

I think it will be heavy on the Ghostbuster cartoon with sketches and maybe autographs from artists.

Posts: 10368 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
You're probably right Raven, especially as Murray doesn't even have an agent and is impossible to contact from all accounts. But one can hope!

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Bill Murray would never agree to do another Ghostbusters movie, so the chance of his signing for a card set is nil. Aykroyd and Weaver have never signed cards, so they are probably almost nil, although she has done limited personal signings before.

Ramis is dead and Moranis has dropped out of public life. Potts and Atherton might do it, only because they are a bit less popular, but they haven't been in any products either.

Ernie Hudson is the only cast member that is a good bet to be available, based upon his history of signing for Heroes and I think Stargate, or one of those TV shows.

I think it will be heavy on the Ghostbuster cartoon with sketches and maybe autographs from artists.

I wouldn't rule out Aykroyd signing. He seems to be a pretty good guy and still does a lot of public events pushing his vodka, but is really accommodating to fans.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually some of Ravens facts are incorrect . Bill Murray has been going back and forth about doing another film . So even with him thinking of doing one , there's a slight bit of a chance he would sign for the card set . As for Aykroyd , that guy does autograph signings all the time . Just because he's never had an autograph card doesn't mean he wouldn't . He tours cities on his book releases and for his vodka all the time . Weaver does do conventions from time to time so there's a chance for her as well . With Ramis , they can easily do cut signatures for him . Moranis is the only one who I can think of would be a 0 chance of having anything to do with the set . Potts has just about dropped out of the spotlight over the years . Atherton actually frequents conventions as well and he could be highly likely . Also at times the woman who played Zuul appears at conventions but is rare to get . Hudson is at almost every convention known to man lol . Him and Aykroyd are by far the easiest to get autographs from out of the movies . I'll be seeing Hudson next month , so I can always bring it up to him and see what he thinks and maybe talk it over with some of the other actors .

Posts: 35 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: April 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Raven states a lot of things as "facts" when she actually has no information way to put a buzzkill on a set many people would potentially be excited about. Thanks for the input IbDaToNeGuY we need more posters like you!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Who you gonna call?

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Who you gonna call?

I know two people who will not be calling each other....sorry, couldn't resist. Red Face And not to make light.

We have a story on the blog today about Cryptozoic Entertainment's Ghostbusters products. The trading cards and board game are just two of about five different Ghostbusters products launching starting in the third quarter of this year.

CZE Goes Full Ghost

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
OK guys, I did not realize that my "opinion" is so interesting to a few people here that they just can't wait to say "we want facts". When we are speculating about future sets and possible signers there are no facts unless maybe you are privy to the negotiations. If your purpose is to rip apart my post, kindly at least read it first.

It is clear that I am talking about past history in signing for licensed card products. Only Ernie Hudson has done that, period. The others may be great people who have showed up at conventions and book signings and private signings. That is not the same thing and it costs more. Cut signatures can be produced on anyone, we were discussing actual signed cards.

It would seem that no one thinks Ramis is alive, so I guess that's a fact. It seems someone agrees that Moranis has dropped out, so maybe that's half a fact. As for Murray, he is most definitely the one who would not sign on for another movie and the project became a new girl version. Read the recent the Entertainment Weekly reunion article for all our fact checkers.

Perhaps I will add in MHO to all posts from now, least I have to produce documentation in the future. Big Grin And yes, I'm joking, but you are making it hard for anyone to say anything.

Posts: 10368 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
With Cryptozoic's track record of late I wouldn't be surprised if this got canceled as well.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
The only thing I would say about any of this is that it is probably not a good idea to try and guess what Bill Murray will or won't do. He continues to dance to the beat of a different drummer. Considering that the next installment has been cast with several of the female actors he suggested, he could still very well appear in the next Ghostbusters movie.

Related to his unpredictability, when Bill was asked, given his ability, this century, certainly, to pretty much pick and choose his roles, how he could wind up in hackwork like the "Garfield The Cat" movie about 10 years back, he remarked that he saw that Joel Cohen was one of the writers, and said that he agreed to voice Garfield since he admired the work of the Coen Brothers and wanted to do something with them. Obviously, Joel Cohen, writer of such fare as the "Garfield Movie" is not the same Joel Coen of the legendary brother team responsible for the likes of "Fargo", "O, Brother Where Art Thou", and "Big Lebowski".

Was Murray kidding?
Who can say?
And that's the point.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
The Batman has spoken. Lol

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a lot of card collectors personally know many actors.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
I think it's great to see this set, and after so many years Big Grin glad to see the franchise is coming back with a bang.

That it covers the cartoon series and the comics too when the first movie appears to be the only thing covered in the base set is itself suggestive that other assets from the films might not have been easily forthcoming for chase cards, but I live in hope because why not? (It also suggests the possibility for another set covering the second film too!) Of all the cast and whatever his likelihood is for signing, I think it's Rick Moranis I'd personally like to see sign most!

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I'd like to get Dan and Sigourny.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My assumption on this as soon as it was announced it would be a combined movie/cartoon/comic release was that they're only doing it that way because they can't get enough signers from the movies and need more signers from elsewhere to make up the numbers.

Because let's face it, if they could do it with just the movies, they would.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
OK guys, I did not realize that my "opinion" is so interesting to a few people here that they just can't wait to say "we want facts". When we are speculating about future sets and possible signers there are no facts unless maybe you are privy to the negotiations. If your purpose is to rip apart my post, kindly at least read it first.

It is clear that I am talking about past history in signing for licensed card products. Only Ernie Hudson has done that, period. The others may be great people who have showed up at conventions and book signings and private signings. That is not the same thing and it costs more. Cut signatures can be produced on anyone, we were discussing actual signed cards.

It would seem that no one thinks Ramis is alive, so I guess that's a fact. It seems someone agrees that Moranis has dropped out, so maybe that's half a fact. As for Murray, he is most definitely the one who would not sign on for another movie and the project became a new girl version. Read the recent the Entertainment Weekly reunion article for all our fact checkers.

Perhaps I will add in MHO to all posts from now, least I have to produce documentation in the future. Big Grin And yes, I'm joking, but you are making it hard for anyone to say anything.

I think what just happened to you is why so many of the people I still trade with do not post on the boards anymore. A simple, "from what I have observed" statement gets a "go F yourself, you are not an authority on Non Sport cards like I am" response. I know I stopped posting almost anywhere outside of the trading section because of these people.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do hope Cryptozoic does release this set, I was disappointed that Downton Abby was canceled.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post