Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Ghostbusters (Cryptozoic)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ghostbusters (Cryptozoic)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Heard on the radio today that Bill Murray said that he WILL have a cameo in the new film

Posts: 3973 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Well, sure, they basically got his dream cast for this movie. I'd be very surprised if this new one wasn't the funniest one in the series. It'll definitely have the best special effects.

Posts: 3316 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
I don't know how long they've been up as I don't really ever check the Ghostbusters product page, but there are images of three sketches up!

I'm not a sketch collector so I don't recognise the artists, but based on the file names I'd assume they're from Benjamin Glendenning, Dan Bergren, and Roger Andrews respectively. They're looking nice! The Ackroyd portrait in particular looks awesome Smile

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
According to Cryptozoic's site the release date has now been moved to Q2, 2016.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Expected that, would not be surprised to see Outlander and Supernatural bumped off 2015 too. No way they could keep to that 4th quarter schedule and they would be competing among their own products if they did! Roll Eyes

Posts: 10353 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
The Ghostbusters product page has been updated significantly with a lot more images from the product; samples of the base set, character bios, quotes, behind the scenes, an animation cell, patch cards, and 'Totally Fabricated' slime cards.

The previous three sketch images have now gone but replaced with a further six - again I don't recognise the artists but based on the file names it would appear the works pictured are from Dan Schoening, Gabe Farber, Joe Simko, Kris Penix, Mikey Babinski, and Mitch Ballard. They're all looking great!

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
First signer confirmed. William Atherton.

Not bad.

Also confirmed:

Fake slime cards
Replica patch cards (similar to the Sons of Anarchy ones)
Animation cel cards
Quotes, characters, and behind the scenes subsets

Base set and subset design is mostly incredibly '80s in style. Bit weak.

Some more sketch samples are up too.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So I am hoping that this will turn out to be a good product, but here is a CZE trend that I don't care for, Totally Fabricated.

What the heck is Totally Fabricated supposed to mean? We know it's a manufactured item, don't name it, stop making them. Especially not fake slime cards. I'm not really sure I'd want real authentic slime cards, but I know I don't want fake ones. These cards are going to be in binders for years and years. Think about it. Eek Big Grin

Posts: 10353 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I'm disappointed at the size of the base set.

With 3 movies and the animated series to draw from, you'd think there would be an opportunity to have more base, not less.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
I'm disappointed at the size of the base set.

With 3 movies and the animated series to draw from, you'd think there would be an opportunity to have more base, not less.

Ed

Would certainly expect a 72 card set!

Posts: 12151 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Autographs added from Kurt Fuller and Dave Florek.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Added Annie Potts and Jennifer Runyon.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Annie Potts is a good addition. I would also expect Ernie Hudson to get on board eventually. After that it gets tricky.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I would also expect Ernie Hudson to get on board eventually. After that it gets tricky.

That's the only other main addition I'm expecting too.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I would also expect Ernie Hudson to get on board eventually. After that it gets tricky.

That's the only other main addition I'm expecting too.

Well there is a story in the Alien Anthology and Industry Summit threads that says that Sigourney Weaver has agreed to sign for Upper Deck's Alien set. I still can't confirm it because the only place I see it mentioned is in one public Blowout post, but it could be true because she has been signing, just not for card products.

Now IF she has contracted with UD to sign something, I don't know if that it makes it more likely or less likely that CZE could sign her. I do think that they are going to have to get someone big to sign or have terrific sketches or double up on the hits or lower the box prices (heaven forbid Big Grin) to get more value in these boxes. That's just based on where we are now of course, it could change. Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If it's true that Upper Deck got her, they'd be foolish not to make that an exclusive contract.

posted Hide Post
Ernie Hudson added to the list of signers.

https://twitter.com/gtsdistrib...s/705526517258960898

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Added a couple of voices from the cartoons, and another from the movies:

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
Dan Aykroyd and Larry King autograph cards shown on Blowout Cards forum!

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post