Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Breygent Gets Grimm
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Breygent Gets Grimm
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One word for all of theses sketches: WOW!! Luv You

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Tom, you have outdone yourself with these. I got my case yesterday and all I can say is wow. These cards are stunning. The base cards, lenticulars, autos, wardrobes, props, subsets....they all look great. This is probably the best looking product that I have seen in a long time. I was lucky enough to pull a sketch and it looks stunning as well.

Posts: 5 | Location: USA | Registered: June 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I echo the comment above, I had a case left over so started opening a few boxes and so far very impressed Smile

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
thank you

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I think this is the first time I got a box on the first day. Dance

Anyway, the set is very good and the flip inserts are up to the best I've seen. The light really comes out of the two I got when you catch the reflection right. Grimm Secrets and the puzzle cards pop too. There is lots of room for text on the back, so no one should be disappointed. Well I didn't get a sketch Frown, but that's my luck.

I did get my autograph, Neil Hopkins, and two costume cards. The swatches are nice and big, and the format of all the cards is very neat and crisp.

Now the colored proof cards are the only thing that depends on taste. I actually liked the B/W because they have an x-ray or sketch-like quality. The blue and pink versions take over the cards, this is not a background hue, its the whole card. The pink was more overpowering than the blue on the cards I got. If you like the colors at least you can't say you can't find them.

The yellow proofs I think are the only problem. The white of the photo against the yellow left no picture at all visible on the two cards I got. They might as well be blank yellow fronts with backs. They look like place holders. Maybe they will be a big hit, who knows.

But all and all, a tip of the hat to Breygent. Thumb Up

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
yellow is really tuff

tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Really LOVE the Lenticular cards - Top Top Quality

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Now that the autograph cards are turning up, I see pictures that are being called black ink, red ink, pink ink, green ink and brown ink signatures. Haven't seen blue ink yet. Big Grin

Can someone tell me if there are any numbers on the different ink colors, or was this just randomly done?

Is pink and red, and brown and black really the same pen, just the color taking more or less?

Finally, are there any autographs signed in blue ink?

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Now that the autograph cards are turning up, I see pictures that are being called black ink, red ink, pink ink, green ink and brown ink signatures. Haven't seen blue ink yet. Big Grin

Can someone tell me if there are any numbers on the different ink colors, or was this just randomly done?

Is pink and red, and brown and black really the same pen, just the color taking more or less?

I can't answer the first part of your question, but my Fredrick Kohler was in blue and it was numbered FKAC-2.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Tom, another thing to commend you on with this set is with the wardrobe cards. The outfit that the actor is wearing on the card, is the piece of wardrobe that is in the card. Thumb Up

Posts: 5 | Location: USA | Registered: June 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by btbracing2000:
Tom, another thing to commend you on with this set is with the wardrobe cards. The outfit that the actor is wearing on the card, is the piece of wardrobe that is in the card. Thumb Up

Agreed! The costume cards in this set are great. Trying to resist urge to order a second case...

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by btbracing2000:

Totally agree

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

I sure hope we get an answer on this one. I wondered the same thing, too. So many different types of ink. Even gold. Are any more collectable than any others?

Oh, and as far the prop cards, are any more scarce than each other??

Posts: 15 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: October 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
GRIMM score. Met and got David's autograph a few weeks ago. Grimm cards showed up the other day along with a Jim Kyle AP sketch card. Pulled these autos and prop card from two boxes I opened.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of trade-a-card
posted Hide Post
Just wondering, are the two cards included in the Blu-Ray/DVD release for Season 2 the same as for Season 1?

Posts: 860 | Location: Germany | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trade-a-card:
Just wondering, are the two cards included in the Blu-Ray/DVD release for Season 2 the same as for Season 1?

No, but Breygent did not manufacture them, so the stock is a little different - lower quality. Which reminds me, it's time to put all the promos in the album, no that I finally have all of them.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post