Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Breygent Gets Grimm
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Breygent Gets Grimm
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
I definitely prefer the boxed sets. Very eco-friendly and they save tons of time.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Justice41:
No Sketches Tom? That will suck, my 20 cards will go to waste.

I thought that there were going to be sketches, but that they were to be "rare".

Happy to hear there will be a binder with promos. Really looking forward to seeing a checklist! Smile

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure I've heard of artists working on sketches.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Yes there are limited sketch cards and we will announce what we are doing with them after approvals

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is what I am excited about, loves the show Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Sketches too! This set keeps getting better.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the updates, Tom. I am very excted about the set, and especially excited that it will be a wax pack-type product. It seems I am in the minority on it, but I love the process of opening packs. It reminds me (and my wife) of being a kid. It's loads of fun and gives us an opportunity to let go of the more serious things in life for a bit.

Thanks again!

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to bust at least a box or 2 of this.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
you are not the minority as more people have expressed they wanted wax
I will see how it works out as i can change back

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Have to be honest I prefer the boxed sets.It's so much cheaper for postage which is very inportant when buying from outside your own country.

It's no coincidence all of my case purchases from non UK manufacturers in the last two years have been either Breygent boxed sets or Rittenhouse premium boxes.

Cryptozoic have most of my favourite shows but I have not bought any of their cards because of the higher costs of production and postage Frown

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
you are not the minority as more people have expressed they wanted wax
I will see how it works out as i can change back

Tom

I wonder how many of those people have really tried the set box format before they expressed an opinion?

I say that because I myself am quite old school about cards and enjoy opening packs, yet I find the set box far more econimical without losing anything important. You don't get the extra base cards, or the wrappers, and you certainly can't split a box with anyone. However you get a full base set, about half of the subsets and usually around 2 premium hits. Same as you might get from a wax box with similar inserts.

The big advantage is that the set boxes I have gotten in the past ran between $35 - $50. Current wax boxes of popular titles are starting in the $60 - $85 range. Unless someone really wants to make additional sets, I don't know why you would what to pay so much more for the privilege of getting duplicate common cards. Confused

Posts: 10379 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
Box sets are cool, but somehow just not as much fun as busting packs, and I find it difficult to bring myself to purchase more than one.

Guess it really depends on the property, and size of the set/inserts on how well it works.

Wax certainly is more wasteful, and perhaps more expensive in the long run. I just find it hard to change a 40+ year habit.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Would it add much to the cost to offer factory set "packs"? Basically, the premium set format is maintained. But instead of having the cards in a box on their own, there are 10 "packs" so the ripping experience is maintain. OR maybe the inserts/autographs/sketch cards etc come in a sealed pack inside the set.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, doing any packs at all would incur a lot of the costs no matter how many you ended up using.

You still have to lay out the artwork
You still have to get approvals on said artwork
You have to print the foil wrappers
You have to insert cards into them and seal them.

I'm guessing it's probably almost the same cost to do a standard pack product than it would to put set box cards into packs.

One solution, unprinted wrappers. But that could get crazy if they start getting mixed together.

No easy solution. But I know I prefer not to have to sort cases worth of cards.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After seeing what Tom did with Tudors I'm all in favor of the cheaper box sets. No sorting through piles of cards trying to make sets. Also less damage to cards in a box, small consideration but worthy of note.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
OK. It looks like the discussion is about box sets versus packs. I clearly am in favor of the pack. Tom seems to think there are more people like than I see on the boards. He probably has more data than me; so I trust his statement. Also, that makes me happy. I was afraid that part of the hobby would be lost soon.

I am in favor of packs primarily because it is something that my wife and I enjoy together. Does anyone else share the hobby with a loved one or close friend? With TV show sets, we like to watch episodes while we open packs. We have loads of fun. Admittedly, we are nerds, but we own that and are happy. Big Grin

We are seriously looking at one or more cases on this set because it will be packed out. If it were not, we would probably only buy a box or two.

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
My wife and I collect cards, and enjoy opening packs (I open most though).

I don't like having a bunch of duplicates, but when it comes to art sets, I do. I have artists sign them.

So, with TV/Movie sets, I would prefer the box set style. I've rarely had an actor sign them. I most often have actors sign larger postcard size cards so more than one person can sign, or something else; like a plate or bust.

The only downfall with the complete set boxes is having duplicate sets when trying to complete subsets. Although, that's the problem with both.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
It's probably hard to tell, but I am eagerly awaiting this set. I just have two words:

Release Date, please...

OK, so it was three words. I realized, albeit at the last second, that my mother taught me better than to not say please and thank you.

Oh, thank you for any information. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Previews has it listed as 05/29/13. One distributor has the title in their system, but nothing more.

Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Tattoox.

What previews are you talking about? I have promo cards, but no dates on them (that I saw, anyway...). Have there been new promo sheets, or something?

Really appreciate your help.