Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Breygent Gets Grimm
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Breygent Gets Grimm
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
This is normal wax box pricing for all our products .WE DID NOT GO UP 35%
Triple-Frog so you dont order anyones product that is in a tradional box?
Topps-Upper Deck-Rittenhouse-Cryptozoic?
the 15 set box case (cost more) that I made so you get almost same amount of Hits
and get more cards so sorry you are wrong
Tom

Hi Tom

I replied to your e-mail but as you have posted on this forum I will reply here as well.

I do not buy any products that are in a traditional box format from any company.The last case of this type I ordered was Dexter season 3.I don't like the waste with the extra base cards and packaging and also the postage charges to the UK are very high.

The example I use for pricing is as follows :

I bought a case of 15 boxes of Tudors for £430
This equates to £28.66 per box.

The price from the same dealer for Grimm is £440 approx(probably a bit more with exchange rate variations but I rounded down to be fair as the exchange rate when the Tudors was released was a bit higher) which equates to £36.66 per box.

The actual percentage difference is about 28%.

Sorry if I was not clear in what I was saying in my previous post.I did not mean that you had put prices up,just that the consequence of changing from set/box format to traditional had the effect of putting the price of a box up while the amount of premium hits stays the same.

I am not saying you should be selling them cheaper.I appreciate the extra costs involved with packaging and more base cards means a higher price.

I am sorry if my previuos post comes across as negative and so I shall try to end on a postive note.

The cards look great and I especially like the lenticular flip cards.I will definitely be getting some,just not by buying boxes/cases.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gee, how many years ago was Tudors produced? I've been buying cards from Tom for 10 years now and the price per box/case has not varied. The format for Tudors was cheaper due to price of constructing individual packs etc., I get the difference. I remember when Tom introduced the Tudor boxed concept there were many people complaining because they preferred opening packs. Don't like the format don't buy but please don't imply large price increases because the format and cost of packaging is different between these products.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
I will be buying this set. I am very excited for the traditional wax box configuration. I will happily pay the cost for what I believe to be a better experience for a collector. I plan to order a case as soon as I can find someone taking pre-orders. Smile

Thanks, Tom. I am more excited about this set having seen some samples. Best of luck!

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
Don't like the format don't buy but please don't imply large price increases because the format and cost of packaging is different between these products.

If I am reading the original post correctly this was never implied. The point being made was that the 24 pack format contained the same number of hits as the premium pack but cost more to get them. The box price had not gone up but this made the hits more expensive.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
Don't like the format don't buy but please don't imply large price increases because the format and cost of packaging is different between these products.

If I am reading the original post correctly this was never implied. The point being made was that the 24 pack format contained the same number of hits as the premium pack but cost more to get them. The box price had not gone up but this made the hits more expensive.

Thanks for understanding what I was trying to say Smile .Please everyone lets get back to admiring the cards Thumb Up .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
I agree. I really like the style of the cards, it'll be fun chasing them down. Great job Tom, thanks!

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Please note there are 17 prop cards in this series

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
Awesome news, Tom! Love prop cards! The samples definitely have my attention piqued. Can't wait to see who rounds out the autograph list.

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of autographs, I'm hoping for a Jaime Ray Newman. Any chance?

Posts: 28 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: May 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
Jaime Ray Newman is on my wishlist, too. She signed for Stargate Atlantis; so it is possible, maybe.

I am also hoping for Russell Hornsby and Bree Turner. Giuntoli and Tulloch would obviously be nice, too, but I am not holding my breath for all of them...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I want David Giuntoli, Russell Hornsby, Bitsie Tulloch, Silas Weir Mitchell, Sasha Roiz, Reggie Lee, and Bree Turner.

I'm meeting David in a few months and hope to meet Silas. He's on my Grimm/X-Files hit...I mean, want list. Wink

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
I want David Giuntoli, Russell Hornsby, Bitsie Tulloch, Silas Weir Mitchell, Sasha Roiz, Reggie Lee, and Bree Turner.

Yes to all of those. Big Grin In fact, I think I would prefer it if the autograph list consisted of the main cast only. I know that would make those hits a lot more rare, but so be it. JMO, of course. Wink

Having said that, the layout of the autograph cards look nice - plenty of room for the signature. I really like the look of the prop cards, too. All-in-all, a great looking set from what we've seen so far. Great job, Tom, and really looking forward to the release! Thumb Up

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks good. I wonder if they will try to get Mary Elizabeth Matrantonio?

Hopefully, they didn't forget Bud. Smile

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zinc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hopefully, they didn't forget Bud. Smile

Yay! Clap Another Bud-fan! Metal
I too am hoping for some Bud! Auto, Costume, both LOL. As I posted earlier I do think the set looks great.... Thumb Up

Posts: 30 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
some props before cutting them up

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow this is looking good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any news on an official Autograph list????
Any news on a release date??????

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
This is really not to far away and signers will be annouced soon.Sorry for being vauge (6-8 weeks or so)till out and when rest of auographs are in my hand will show pictures

Tom

Tom

This message has been edited. Last edited by: t.breyer,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom

GREAT PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
thank you

Tom

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Keep the Great Sets coming Thumb Up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post