Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Breygent Gets Grimm
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Breygent Gets Grimm
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
perhaps you can use an unlock code for your blu-ray player to make it region free or through a hidden menu, or an firmware update etc. Mine also only works for DVDs and no workarounds :-)

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Just another reason to pick it up on blu-raySmile

Tom,

Any idea on production run of these? First so many inlcudes promos?

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
So glad season 2 started, was suprised with most shows not starting until Sept or Oct. Moved to Mondays from Fridays which is good for the show! Great Series continues!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flag City Collectibles:
So glad season 2 started, was suprised with most shows not starting until Sept or Oct. Moved to Mondays from Fridays which is good for the show! Great Series continues!

It's only a trial run since they were trying to get ratings up by promoting it heavily through the OLympics. Since it didn't get the ratings hike that NBC really wanted, they are sticking to their original plan of showing four more episodes on Mondays before it returns to its normal Friday slot.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
Has anyone heard a release date recently? I thought these were going to be out soon. We are pretty excited about the set, as I am sure a lot of others are.

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Tom, I'm hoping you can shed some light on this:

I've now opened 3 of the Grimm Season 1 Blu-Ray sets that ALL had the sticker on the front of the package (like the picture on the previous page). NONE of them had the cards though!

Is there some hidden sleeve in the packaging that I'm not seeing? Or is it randomly inserted? I really want the cards and I SO don't mind buying the box set now instead of later.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Jake, I think I'd said something after opening the first one. I got my set the other day, and the cards just fell out.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
Tom, I'm hoping you can shed some light on this:

I've now opened 3 of the Grimm Season 1 Blu-Ray sets that ALL had the sticker on the front of the package (like the picture on the previous page). NONE of them had the cards though!

Is there some hidden sleeve in the packaging that I'm not seeing? Or is it randomly inserted? I really want the cards and I SO don't mind buying the box set now instead of later.

I don't think Breygent would have had anything to do with packing the cards into the Blu-Ray's.

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
One of the images shown on Amazon US shows the DVD's and the 2 cards

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
I got my set the other day, and the cards just fell out.

My cards also fell out, but I only bought the regular DVD not the Blue-Ray.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lovemesomecards:
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
I got my set the other day, and the cards just fell out.

My cards also fell out, but I only bought the regular DVD not the Blue-Ray.

Mine was shrink wrapped with a slip cover. You had to take the slip cover off, unwrap the set and then the cards were inside. Mine was such a tight package that I don't think that the cards could have gotten out even with the shrink wrap gone.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Hammer, I'm not asking if Tom has anything to do with the packing of the actual discs. Just knowledge of if it's a random insert or if I just hit a wierd fluke of 3 packs NOT having the cards.

Insertion rates and ratios he should have some info about

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hammer, I'm not asking if Tom has anything to do with the packing of the actual discs. Just knowledge of if it's a random insert or if I just hit a wierd fluke of 3 packs NOT having the cards.

I would find contact info on the box set and start making calls and sending emails.

You should be able to get replacements.

It seems to me that all sets with the sticker have both cards.

Doubt if you need it, but hopefully, in case you're asked, you keep the receipts and packaging.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
All this Grimm talk makes me want to watch some of my discs tonight. Watched the most recent ep of season 2 last night. This season is great. Missed many eps last season due to a conflict with Fringe and Supernatural.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm not quite sure what you're asking here. I got the regular DVD and the cards are in the shrink wrapped box inside the outer sleeve. The cards can not just fall out unless someone unwraps it. Did you buy 3 sets, or did you look through 3 sets that were already open?

What I'm getting at is, if the packs were not wrapped, someone opened them and removed the cards. Doesn't make much sense because the 2 promos are hardly worth stealing, but anything's possible. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10374 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:

I would have thought the most Tom could tell you is the number of cards that were made, but If your DVDs had the sticker on you SHOULD have got the cards

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
We had nothing to do with DVD at all.We did not print these for them as they did this themselves we only made the print file.

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Thank you Tom

To clarify to everyone else. I bought a set at Target, took it home, opened it. No cards. I returned it to Target, and asked the manager to open the other 2 packages they had on the shelf (they only had blu-ray and were sold out of dvd) to make sure they had the cards. He opened them and they also did NOT have the cards. He then refunded me for the set I bought so I could go to another store which I'll be doing this weekend.

What I wanted to know was if Tom (or anyone here) knew if they were randomly inserted or if they were supposed to be in every labeled set.

Thanks for the help

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Sorry i do not know

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi guys! We're new here, but my wife and I are lucky enough to have gotten the opportunity to write the text for the upcoming Grimm Season One card set!

I can't give you any inside scoop about what's coming, but we are very exciting about being involved with the show, and the sketch artist list really is outstanding!

Posts: 6 | Location: Innisfil, ON | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post