Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones: Complete Series (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones: Complete Series (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gmmk1964:
I have to agree Raven. Not even sure why they are bothering with Archive boxes - those cards could have been in cases and increased the overall run. Dealers won't make much of them.

I was surprised at the number of cards NOT in archive boxes. But, that makes boxes more desirable than being able to make a complete set in a purchase.

The key to the archive box might be the 100 card Characters set. That is going to be a massive undertaking to build otherwise.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
I was surprised at the number of cards NOT in archive boxes. But, that makes boxes more desirable than being able to make a complete set in a purchase.

The key to the archive box might be the 100 card Characters set. That is going to be a massive undertaking to build otherwise.

Ed

They put up the Archive Box contents now and they have a framed sketch card in there, along with the printing plate set. I can't recall that they ever put a sketch in there before, did they? Sounds like an attempt to compensate for that Waddingham and the omitted autographs.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
It's an odd day when I find myself more interested in some of the other inserts than autographs.
The whole set feels like an after thought, and just bunging things in here and there with not much thought...certainly not logical thought.

I really don't get the Waddingham Archive Box card either. Wouldn't it have made more sense for dealers to be given at least a Headey, or one of the really scarce cards? Don't get me wrong, I love Hannah Waddingham and she's always been fun on any progs and shows I've seen her on, but she's obviously not top billing.

I looked at the autograph lists and all the inscriptions, my eyes kind of rolled up into my head and I was like "Blahhh! Enough!" Big Grin Some of the duals are just not inspiring either.

I have a box on order, more out of sentimentality and habit than sense, so I'll definitely only pick and mix a handful of autographs and might concentrate on the base and other inserts.

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Counting all designs, incentives, exclusives, duals and including Complete, Lena Headey has now signed on EIGHTEEN different Game of Thrones autograph cards, along with NINE different inscriptions. That's the record holder.

The next closest is Maisie Williams with SIXTEEN different autograph cards, along with FIVE different inscriptions. Followed by Peter Dinklage with FIFTEEN different autograph cards, no inscriptions. Followed by Aidan Gillen who has FOURTEEN different cards, but TEN different inscriptions.

Can't say they haven't supported the license, although a few of the other actors certainly have not.

We have yet to see any Peter Dinklage inscription cards or, what would be a very big card, the dual of Dinklage and Headey.

So do you think he didn't sign those designs or are they waiting in the vault for the "Really, Really This Is All We Have For Game of Thrones" title? Razz Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
I think the last couple of Dinklage autograph cards have been 'cut' cards.

Off the top of my head I'm trying to think of his duals so far. Conleth Hill, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Daniel Portman, Sibel Kekilli. I think that's all of them. I don't count the cut card dual with Turner.

I wonder if he hasn't signed any more cards and we've had the lot, especially since the last couple have been cuts. Having said that Headey has had a cut card even though there seems to be no shortage in her signing stuff.

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Six new full bleed single autos (out of a possibly eight, apparently). That's me sorted for this set then.

Expect at least one more set after this to cover the things they've blatantly got stored up and are holding back.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
Six new full bleed single autos (out of a possibly eight, apparently). That's me sorted for this set then.

Expect at least one more set after this to cover the things they've blatantly got stored up and are holding back.

Not sure how you are counting the full bleeds, but there are 14 new ones and 3 of the 4 new signers have a FB. A couple have had a FB before. The best design to me too.

Yes there are still some obvious gaps and quite a few common signers in later seasons have not appeared in all designs. If there is another set it will be running on fumes, but I don't doubt it will sell out, so can you blame RA? Big Grin

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I mean there are two missing names who don't (yet) have a full bleed but have had/are getting other styles: Adele Smyth-Kennedy and Cedric Henderson.

Most of the full bleeds in this set are repeats. There are five new ones (I was counting a repeat by mistake). Four completely new signers (Spiro, Simpson, Modu, Davies), plus Tara Fitzgerald.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
I mean there are two missing names who don't (yet) have a full bleed but have had/are getting other styles: Adele Smyth-Kennedy and Cedric Henderson.

Most of the full bleeds in this set are repeats. There are five new ones (I was counting a repeat by mistake). Four completely new signers (Spiro, Simpson, Modu, Davies), plus Tara Fitzgerald.

Yeah, the FB was the first or second card out of the vault for most of them so nearly all of the signers, including very limited ones with only one or two autograph cards, has a FB. You do have to count George R. R. Martin, D. B. Weiss and David Benioff as being missing though, since their cards were Bordered and I'm pretty sure we won't see them again.

But wouldn't it be interesting if a FB for those incentives popped up some day?

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They're probably saving them for a future set where they realise they've run out of everything else.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Could be, but this conversation got me curious, so I started to count off my list how many signers had only 2 autograph designs out, cuts not included. I got tired after 25 and quit with more than half not finished. Most are commons, but more notable names would be:

Richard Madden
Oona Chaplin
Ricard E. Grant
Essie Davis
Alexander Siddig
Jason Momoa
Gwendeline Christie
Emilia Clarke

Of the last 3 I understand Christie's absence the least and keep waiting for her Blue or Gold. She was not well known enough in the beginning to not sign more than has been released.

Anyway there is room on even this self-contained autograph list to have a lot more cards than I realized, when you consider that that you are talking about 7 distinct and separate card designs, besides cuts and booklets.

In case you're wondering, there are 186 different GoT signers, including the 4 new ones.

posted Hide Post
With 2 days to go, release date changed to Oct. 16. "minor delays at factory due to covid"

Posts: 67 | Location: TX | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Were there any promo cards for this ? Any P1 promos ?

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:

Rittenhouse mentions a binder promo on the sale page for the binder but it's not on the checklist.

Posts: 67 | Location: TX | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Cards are out and all over eBay now. Looking at the hits its kind of hard to get too worked up. Even with seven designs of autographs, the cards all look the same at some point. I used to like the uniformed look in the same card title, but GoT has made it boring. Maybe its the dark colors in costumes and background. The character cards started to be confusing long ago. I can pick up a card and not know the season without reading the text on back. Now that they have the Complete, I really would like something completely different if there is another one, because there is just no need for more of the same.

The character sketches are drawing the big asking prices right now, but what they will really sell for remains to be seen. There are 3 up now in particular:

David Desbois' Brienne for $2,500
Jason Davies' Jon Snow for $2,500
No artist name given on a Night King for $1,999.98

I like the Night King the best, not that I would buy any of them, just wouldn't mind pulling any of them. Big Grin The other sketches of objects and scenery seem to remain in the $300 or so range.

Have a couple of boxes on order that I hope to break shortly.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So I posted my 2 boxes in the Breakdown section. one good, one probably average, Just throwing out a few more remarks before starting to pick up the autographs I want individually.

Lena Headey has been a very generous signer for GoT, but her autograph now resembles "Wett" more than anything else. Call it a variant. Big Grin

I really liked the numbered parallel base cards and the Cast (character) cards. They are both light bordered and shiny. The base cards should all have looked like the parallels.

Speaking of the base cards, several are chipping at the edges. The white chipping that occurs on the front top is very noticeable on certain cards and the back corners are less noticeable. The good news is that with 39 base card duplicates in a box, you have a chance to replace ones that show condition defects.

The Pair cards are also dark photos with a black border edges.

Sometimes people say that the cards look better in hand than in the pictures. Most of these Complete base cards and inserts look worse in person.

Neither of the 2 selected Case Topper Sigli cards are anything and an extra common autograph would have been better.

Still happy for more autographs and lots of effort went into 3 pictures per card and the back text. I think people with fewer GoT cards are going to like this one more than long time collectors. Just MHO.

posted Hide Post
The Hannah Waddingham AB exclusive inscription is a "Gold" format card, not an inscription format written in gold ink as I was expecting.

Also I'm seeing the same Hannah gold card without an inscription on eBay, apparently pack inserted, but it's not on the checklist.

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ctacker:
The Hannah Waddingham AB exclusive inscription is a "Gold" format card, not an inscription format written in gold ink as I was expecting.

Also I'm seeing the same Hannah gold card without an inscription on eBay, apparently pack inserted, but it's not on the checklist.

They just added the Waddingham Gold without inscription to the checklist as a scarce card. I think I only got one out of the 10 cases opened.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:

They just added the Waddingham Gold without inscription to the checklist as a scarce card. I think I only got one out of the 10 cases opened.

And I just picked it in your break!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:

P1 is in the Binder

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post