Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones: Complete Series (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones: Complete Series (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Product page is now up for an October release (brought forward from December, apparently).

Two autographs per box, one of which is guaranteed to be either an inscription or a dual.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
173 card base set!!!

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Won't be getting one of those in a box...

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
73 card base set and 100 card characters chase set at 2 per box!!

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sounds about right these days Roll Eyes

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yikes! Out October 7th. Because of the lockdown, I was only able to pick up my Season 8 boxes in mid June. Big Grin

So here are my thoughts without knowing anything, but owning many GoT autos . . .

The base and chase set needs multiple boxes to complete. There will be too many base doubles and the character cards won't get completed.

The box SRP is higher at $99.

You will get either an inscription autograph or a dual autograph card in every box. That means that compared to 8, the odds of getting an inscription is cut/worse by half, but the odds of pulling a dual is better by at least twice as much. I suspect that, since many star duals have already been released, a good portion of these pairings will be of secondary characters.

The second auto in a box will be for those remaining designs that have not been released. Again I suspect that this will be by in large for minor characters and the new minor signers from 8, as the main stars have already been put out in practically all designs.

I also suspect that cuts and more relics and sketches will appear, although they have not been mentioned yet. The number of top tier cards are going to have to be bolstered, but the increased supply will depress individual prices. Maybe a missing signer can be acquired without a cut signature, but it seems late in the game for someone like a Rigg.

I think RA is moving on and wants to end it fast. I expected this in March or April 2021 when the world was hopefully in a better place. To put it out this fast behind 8 while still in the middle of a terrible year and zero card/hobby shows, I wouldn't have done it, but who knows about the license and such.

I think supply will exceed demand and existing prices for current and past autograph cards should drop on everything but the most sort after. This is good news for people who are picking them up and bad news for people who have them. I'm not selling anything anyway, so I don't care. I will be happy if the Complete Series ends it and I can fill in my gaps for years to come. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Taken from Rittenhouse's site:

Each box features 2 autograph cards, including either 1 Inscription Autograph Card or 1 Dual Autograph Card. Cards for all 73 Game of Thrones episodes and 100 key character cards are included in this one GIANT collection! Plus, look for randomly inserted Character Sketch Cards, Scenic Sketch Cards, Dual Relic Cards and Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen) Auto/Relic Cards!

Inscription Autographs Card Signers include: Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister) Aidan Gillan (Littlefinger) Iain Glen (Ser Jorah Mormont) Anton Lesser (Qyburn) Mark Gatiss (Tycho Nestoris) John Bradley (Samwell Tarly) Art Parkinson (Rickon Stark) and more!

Loads of Inscription Autograph Variations to Collect!

Dual Autograph Card Signers include: Maisie Williams (Arya Stark) Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister) Nikolaj Coster Waldau (Jaime Lannister) Sean Bean (Ned Stark) Aidan Gillen (Littlefinger) Nathalie Emmanuel (Missandei) Jacob Anderson (Grey Worm) Michelle Fairley (Catelyn Stark) David Bradley (Walder Frey) Iwan Rheon (Ramsay Bolton) Rory McCann (The Hound) Iain Glen (Ser Jorah Mormont) Thor Bjornsson (The Mountain) Pilou Asbaek (Euron Greyjoy) Anton Lesser (Qyburn) and many more!

73-Card Base Set, featuring photos and plot synopses for all 73 episodes! Plus Exciting, All-New Bonus Cards:

• 73 Gold Parallel Base Cards (#’d to 150 each) (1:24 packs) • 100 “The Cast of Game of Thrones” Cards (1:12 packs) • 100 “The Cast of Game of Thrones” Parallel Cards (#’d to 50 each) (1:48 packs) • 18 Game of Thrones “Pairs” Cards (1:24 packs) • 18 Game of Thrones “Maps of the Realm” Cards (1:24 packs) • 14 Game of Thrones “Progressions” (Then and Now) Metal Cards (1:144 Packs) • Inscription Autograph Cards and Dual Autograph Cards (1:24 packs) • Non-Inscription, Non-Dual Autograph Cards, including Maisie Williams (Arya Stark), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister) and many more! (1:24 packs) • Character Sketch Cards and Scenic Sketch Cards • Autograph/Relic Cards featuring Emilia Clarke • Dual Relic Cards featuring Tyrion Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen, Jon Snow, Robb Stark, The Hound and Cersei Lannister!

6-Case Incentive: Single Relic Card of Daenerys Targaryen’s Gloves (Final Season)

9-Case Incentive: Dual Relic Card of Daenerys Targaryen and Tyrion Lannister (Final Season)

18-Case Incentive: Game of Thrones: The Complete Series Archive Box, including exclusive Archive Box inserts!

And here's the Emilia auto/relic image, courtesy of a Blowout forum member:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Logan,

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The Nairn "Hodor" inscription card displayed on the website has the same inscription as was listed in the Season 8 checklist. So rather than assume having all new inscriptions and all new dual autograph cards, there is nothing to say that additional copies of previously released limited autos might not be seeded in the Complete Series. Some cards are always kept in the vault as replacements and such. Depending on future plans, no reason why held back inventory can't be put out to boost value.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
It occurs to me while looking at the new autos and dual signatures for the Complete Series that there are many esteemed actors with long careers that have contributed numerous autographs to this GoT run. Yet the best RA can do now is cut up 258 Authentics' cards for Clarke and Christie doesn't even have that much. There is something not quite right with that, but time will likely even it out for those elusive ladies. Wink

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
As far as I see so far, there have been no hint of any brand new signers for The Complete GoT. There were a few first timers in Eight, but they were fairly minor additions. I'm sure RA got them to sign in other designs, so more cards from them are likely to show up in this one too.

The only signer of note that I have any expectation of seeing might be Pedro Pascal. He will be signing for Star Wars coming out in Stellar 2020 and is fairly hot. Also there is the Mandalorian, which will have a traditional set with autographs at some point.

Complete could really use a better new signer. Those cuts and slapped together signed relics carrying rarity and value are somewhat of a draw, but have an after taste to me because of their manufactured nature. I much prefer the on-card dual autograph cards, but in GoT that is also a format that RA has come darn close to overusing. I'm surprised that the Dragons haven't signed duals yet. Big Grin

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Whoever thought we would get to a 100 card chase set at 2 per box!!!! I'm sorry the world of collecting has gone barking mad when you need more than 4 cases, with perfect collation, for a chase set.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Whoever thought we would get to a 100 card chase set at 2 per box!!!! I'm sorry the world of collecting has gone barking mad when you need more than 4 cases, with perfect collation, for a chase set.

Barking mad it is indeed...

And now I have a new phrase to use when discussing foolishness. You can't use Bat Sh*t Crazy in every group.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

Barking mad it is indeed...

And now I have a new phrase to use when discussing foolishness. You can't use Bat Sh*t Crazy in every group.

Ed

How did we ever determine the mental state of Bat Sh*t anyway?

The only thing I like about all of the GoT sets is I can shop at leisure through all of the redundant autographs and grab the cheapest one. Never was a Clarke or Harrington fan but am pretty happy I have most of the Starks and the Lannister's in my collection. Smokin'

I do kinda hope that this is it for that title, it has been more than covered as far as cards go.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Diana Rigg has passed away at 82. I wish she had signed GoT cards or more of those Avengers convention cards. It has absolutely nothing to do with money. I would have liked to own her on-card autograph as a remembrance of a great actress and an early favorite character in Mrs. Peel.

Before this I was wondering if RA might try to do a cut signature card on her for GoT Complete. Now I honestly hope that never happens from any of them.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So release is still holding at 10/7/20, but RA has not posted the checklist yet. Even the ad page was never expanded to give us more info on the better autographs. This seems unusual for them.

Logically it could be simply because the product is already sold out from them and providing more detail can only invite negative remarks without any benefit of increasing the sales. Big Grin

Still it feels like a dismissal and an ending. With COVID-19, the time between now and the event of that GoT episode seems very long indeed. Any prequels or sequels are on hold. This is RA's second big GoT set, the biggest as far as the character cards go, in this miserable year.

I could be wrong, but I think this is the last RA GoT set, just at 2017 was the last Bond Archives Final Edition. Maybe they just have no autograph cards left to release of maybe the license is up. Someone should ask Steve on his page soon and see what he says or doesn't say about it.

posted Hide Post
Rittenhouse announced the license in September 2011. I suspect that it may have been a 10 year one which gives us just enough time for Women of Golarion and a Heroes and Villains set before a 10 year term would expire.

Posts: 29 | Location: scotland | Registered: May 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gmmk1964:
Rittenhouse announced the license in September 2011. I suspect that it may have been a 10 year one which gives us just enough time for Women of Golarion and a Heroes and Villains set before a 10 year term would expire.

Possibly. With RA's Bond cards, their first set came out in 2002 and their last one in 2017, so you could estimate a 15 year license or shorter renewals totaling 15 years. Yet Bond is a continuing movie franchise, that was picked up by UD for cards.

It's a different thing with Game of Thrones as it does seem as though that story line and those characters are very much over. Other shows will have their own plots. And even if Martin ever finishes his books, it is covering an alternate narrative in the same time. I actually wouldn't mind a new ending Big Grin, but I think everyone concerned with the production has moved on.

So in that regard, I can't see where GoT cards have much of a future even in the standard Women of and Heroes & Villains sub-titles. The cards have so effectively covered the whole series now, without new material there is nothing left that won't just be excess above a stagnant demand. Of course unless the license does run out, RA will probably make them anyway. Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yeah, so now we know why this was kept on the down low. Big Grin

I spot four new signers, all commons - Alisdair Simpson, Ian Davies, Samantha Spiro and Cedric Henderson.

The only bright spot is that Headey shows up with several inscriptions and two decent duals with Bjornsson and Waddingham. Gillen and Glen are back with inscriptions. Williams has a single and a dual with Marsay. A Gillen/Bean dual is a highlight. One single for Ramsey, Coster-Waldau and Bjornsson with a dual for Fairley/Dickie.

Lots of relic cards with 5, plus two more for the 6 and 9 case incentives. Don't know why Waddingham inscriptions were picked for the Archive Box Exclusive.

The Emilia Clarke Archive Cut Autograph Costume Card would appear to be the Golden Ticket. Wink

I was expecting this, while hoping for better. Actually got less than what I expected. Frown

posted Hide Post
I have to agree Raven. Not even sure why they are bothering with Archive boxes - those cards could have been in cases and increased the overall run. Dealers won't make much of them.

Even the golden ticket is duff as it is a cut item and Clarke never actually held it whilst it was signed.

Really disappointed but at the same time not surprised.

Posts: 29 | Location: scotland | Registered: May 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post