Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Harry potter ultimate artbox cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harry potter ultimate artbox cards
 Login/Join

Picture of paul hart
posted
Hi
Does anyone know if there is a artbox
Motion card in dvd/blu rays for every year
Of the ultimate edition? Have seen first
Two!!

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
There are two cards in each of the Ultimate box sets according to Play.com

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
Hi wolfie
Yes i know about those! These are diff
Artbox cards lenticujar like case toppers!

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
Are they standard trading card size?

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pumpkindiver
posted Hide Post
I have year 1 and year 2 (I'm not sure where they came from, I got them in a lot from a UK seller). they can be seen in these completed ebay listings. I seriously doubt the "only 10 exist" stated in one of the descriptions

http://www.ebay.com.au/csc/Tra...&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

Posts: 154 | Location: Australia | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
When did these come out ? First I've heard of them

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pumpkindiver
posted Hide Post
The copyright date on the back of the cards is 2009

Posts: 154 | Location: Australia | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think the answer is "yes, finally."

There were two regular cards plus one lenticular card in each of the first six Ultimate Edition DVD sets: http://nslists.com/hpdvdult.htm

2009 for Years 1-2, 2010 for years 3-4, 2011 for years 5-6.

The Ultimate Edition for Year 7 was released in late September 2012, and it's a 6-DVD set for TDH Parts 1 & 2 and contains a "Year 7 Lenticular Card" and "4 Character Cards." The image on the packaging implies the four characters are Ginny, Bellatrix, Neville, and Voldemort, with Harry featured on the lenticular.

There may be more than one version of the "Ultimate" packages. The auction I referred to showed a sticker on the package saying it was a Target exclusive.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of glen87
posted Hide Post
There also appears to be a binder for these as well

Posts: 642 | Location: VT | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glen87:
There also appears to be a binder for these as well

Is that for the DVD cards, or for the separate Ultimate Collection postcards and posters?
http://nslists.com/hpulti.htm

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
Hi jeff
The link that was posted was for the aust set.
I was rwfering to the bluray/dvd release
So there is 16 oversize cards and 7
Artbox ultimate motion cards?
Uk version does not have artbox cards.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So the 2 Australian ones in that ebay auction are different from the ones on Jeff Allender's checklist ?

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
I didn't get what I would call "motion" cards in my US Ultimate Edition Blu-Rays but there are over-sized 3-D lenticular cards of the cover art as part of the outer packaging of Years 3-7. They are about the dimensions of the face of a DVD case. Is that what we are talking about here? And if so, my Year 1&2 sets didn't come with them. I thought that they were only added to the packaging starting with Year 3. Does anyone have over-sized lenticulars for the first two sets? Pumpkindiver, are these what you have?

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pumpkindiver
posted Hide Post
I couldn't work out how to post a pic so I've added a link to where I uploaded some pics to fakebook.
They are normal card size. I think they are from the UK DVD/Blu Ray release but I'm not sure
The binder in the auctions I linked to earlier is totally unrelated and is for a set of stickers/poster/postcards and wands released through the newspaper last year.

https://www.facebook.com/photo...07971&type=1&theater

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is not entirely on topic, but it is somewhat related:

About 5 years ago (perhaps more or less) when only four of the Harry Potter films were released, one of the U.S. stores had this offer where you could buy the Potter DVDs that had come out up to then. They all came together in a "trunk", made to look a bit like a treasure chest. I bought one, though it was expensive, because ArtBox produced packs of exclusive cards with this.

I haven't looked at them in awhile, but I am pretty sure that this trunk came with 4 cello packs of Potter cards, each pack with four or five cards.

The reason I bring this up, is because I recall emailing ArtBox at the time, and I was told that there were actually FIVE packs produced, not four. However, he told me that he had no idea where the last one was available, that all were sent to whoever was producing the DVDs, to insert as they wished

When the fifth DVD came out, to my knowledge, there was no pack of cards with it

Anyone have info on the missing pack ?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Tommy, I never found that 5th pack either. As far as I know it doesn't actually exsist.

Someone please prove me wrong! lol

Pumpkindriver thank you for posting a pic! I have a couple of the US versions of the Ultimate dvd sets and they didn't come with cards like those. Only the oversized cards.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by paul hart:
Hi jeff
The link that was posted was for the aust set.
I was rwfering to the bluray/dvd release
So there is 16 oversize cards and 7
Artbox ultimate motion cards?
Uk version does not have artbox cards.

Paul, my *first* link was to the DVD Ultimate Edition. The *second* link was to the Oz Ultimate Collection when people were wondering if they were the same thing, when an album was mentioned.

But I was led down the garden path. I see that Artbox isn't mentioned anywhere on the cards # 1-16, just Warner Bros for the copyright. But indeed my Black Friday visit to Target snagged the Year 7 Ultimate Edition DVD set. I'm pretty sure there were other DVD sets (like the UK version) that didn't have the cards - or at least no cards were mentioned in auction descriptions.

And yes, DewMan, it's the over-sized 3-D lenticular cards of the cover art in the outer packaging for Years 3-7. Or I think so, because what I see for Year 7 seems to match what I heard. My correspondent said Years 1-2 had a lenticular card in a "slip case" inside the package, but this might not have been in every version of the "Ultimate Edition." I haven't seen images or laid my hands on Years 1-6.

Steve's picture might help take care of the confusion, if we can't find anybody who has them all. The image definitely says "Ultimate Edition - Year 1" and has the Artbox logo. My new theory: Year 1 and Year 2 were normal sized lenticular cards in a plastic slipcase, maybe only in the UK edition, while the other 5 DVD sets had lenticular cover art on the outer packaging, no mention of Artbox and no "Year X" marking.

From DewMan, I take it there was no slipcased lenticular inside the first two U.S. sets. New theory: U.K. Ultimate Edition 1-2 had regular-sized Artbox lenticulars, the ones Paul first asked about, while U.S. Ultimate Edition 1-2 had only the character cards (2 each). U.S. edition had 16 character cards over the 7 sets. U.S. had oversized lenticulars in the outer packaging for years 3-7 only. There were no Artbox cards after the U.K. first two. Did any of the U.K. Ultimate Edition have the character cards? (Most of the eBay listings talk more about the DVD content than on the extras. Obviously the sellers are unenlightened. ...)

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
I think I need a flow chart and 2 advil

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post