Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Wacky Packages Posters Series 1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wacky Packages Posters Series 1
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Here's a new product announcement from shopTopps.com:

Wacky Packages Posters Series 1

Should be a fun set!

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I'm disappointed that Topps made this another Topps website exclusive.

There are collectors that don't shop online. That leaves the option of buying from a dealer or other reseller that paid full retail plus shipping in the first place.

I'm sure there will be more exclusives as the money is better for Topps. But, I am disappointed.

That said... This looks like a fun product, but I'd rather my posters be not folded, and I assume these will be or the packs will be HUGE.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5083 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm happy to hear about this set as I'm a big Wacky fan. I am torn in terms of the exclusivity of the set on Topps.com. I hope they've chosen the titles well (I know that's very subjective but I sometimes question Topps' choices with the titles that they've used) and don't fold the posters too much. The original Wacky posters were folded quite small. The Topps Movie Posters (from 1981 or so) were not folded nearly as small.

Overall, though, I do look forward to learning more about this set. Any chance NSU will do a story on it for next ish?

Posts: 52 | Location: Madison, WI | Registered: March 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoesfriend:
I hope they've chosen the titles well and don't fold the posters too much.

Zoesfriend~ I found out from Topps that the posters will in fact be folded in the packs. Our contact said the approximate pack size will be 5 x 7 but again, this is an approximate size. Hope that helps.

As for an NSU article for the next issue, probably not. We just learned about the posters yesterday and they are already scheduled for release in late August. Our next issue (which we already have most of the editorial coverage done for) comes out in early or mid September, after the poster packs.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
12.5" x 18.5" poster folded to 5x7. Odd size for a poster. Too bad they don't make them 11 x 17 so that they could be easily framed. I love Wackys but will probably skip these.

8.5 x 11 sell sheet size would be even better than you could store them in pages with your other Wackys.

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
For any of you looking to buy these....I'm told sales will start this afternoon.