Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    James Bond SPECTRE
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

James Bond SPECTRE
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Rittenhouse's website lists a NEW Bond set coming in November

2 Bond sets a year is too much for my wallet !

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
I haven't chased master sets for a long time and only picked up some base, chase and 7 autos from the newest series last month. So whilst I prefer one set per year, I can handle another set, especially if it is heavy on SPECTRE, which I REALLY enjoyed.

For the master set collectors though - I imagine they are pulling their hair out!

Would hope for the obvious names signing but Women of Bond cards of Seydoux & Bellucci would be great and alternate full-bleeds of Christoph Waltz (with and without scarred Blofeld face!) would be so cool as long as it is not his shortened 'CW' signature.
I'd be happy with a full bleed from Alessandro Cremona and I hope Dave Bautista is a lock-in given he signed for Guardians of the Galaxy (nice signature too). No doubt Craig will have another auto card - always interested to see what pic RA will choose.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The set released in April was originally supposed to be last fall. Thank goodness they kicked it off to 2016, but I am not happy that another set is coming this year

On average, these master sets go for $ 2,000-2,200, minus any parallels

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well let's remember that RA lost the Marvel license and the right to produce all Marvel sets.

RA's franchises are now Bond, Star Trek and Game of Thrones. They are going to have to get more new titles because even those popular brands will get worn out if that becomes the steady diet.

For me, I'm glad to see another Bond this year only because I did just a handful of autographs with the last one. I did pick up my first and only Roger Moore at long last, but the rest of the list to me was surprising flat, so bring on more new ones. Thumb Up

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They've had large gaps in terms of mainstream releases. In the past, they had a new cards almost every month:

Under the Dome (August 2015)
Star Trek TNG (Nov)
Agents of Shield (Dec)
Star Trek (Mar)
Bond (April)
Game of Thrones (June)

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Under the Dome wrapped up with a whimper and the last card set did poorly judging by the low prices. Agents of SHIELD is Marvel and if anymore seasons are done in cards it won't come from RA.

Star Trek can spawn multiple sets per year without doing a second release on the same show because of the different series titles. So far Game of Thrones has been only one set per year, more than enough. Bond has multiple movies, so more than one set per year is possible, but not usual.

If they can't find good new licenses, I would rather that they keep to large gaps than try to coast on the 3 titles they hold. As much as I like GoT, I sure don't want to see a Part 1 and Part 2 in order to fill up the schedule.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Well let's remember that RA lost the Marvel license and the right to produce all Marvel sets.

RA's franchises are now Bond, Star Trek and Game of Thrones. They are going to have to get more new titles because even those popular brands will get worn out if that becomes the steady diet.

For me, I'm glad to see another Bond this year only because I did just a handful of autographs with the last one. I did pick up my first and only Roger Moore at long last, but the rest of the list to me was surprising flat, so bring on more new ones. Thumb Up

It would be good to see more new stuff from Rittenhouse, in particular some movie sets which seem to be in short supply from most manufacturers these days.

I thought the latest Bond auto roster was a pretty good mix. May I ask which were the few you picked up Raven?

I went for Jesper Christensen, David Harbour, Mathieu Amalric, Jeffrey Wright, Ben Whishaw, David Hedison and Samantha Bond. All cards I felt were substantial additions to my collection. And that's without even considering Daniela Bianchi, Pierce Brosnan, Sophie Marceau, Roger Moore and Naomie Harris!

It will be interesting to see just how SPECTRE focused the new set will be beyond the base set. I mean we now have cards from the new MI6 team in Harris, Whishaw and Kinnear, leaving just Ralph Fiennes to secure. Craig is a regular now. Which leaves only 7 notable remaining autograph possibilities: Waltz, Seydoux, Bellucci, Bautista, Cremona, Andrew Scott and Stephanie Sigman. Will we get them all? I hope so but doubt it!

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
I thought the latest Bond auto roster was a pretty good mix. May I ask which were the few you picked up Raven?

Sure, I had ordered two boxes, but the only autograph I really wanted was Sophie Marceau, partly because I really thought she made a very good female villain and partly because I have her other ones and this was another FB.

So I was able to pick up that one, a Ben Whishaw and Roger Moore from someone on Card Talk, rhymes with Biz. Wink

I liked Whishaw, I think he will be a good actor, and Moore was always a bit too expensive for me before. Those are the only ones I wanted where I was willing to pay the going price.

As for those two boxes, I rarely do well with Bond and should have quit while I was ahead, but I did want that base set of TWINE. The autograph hits were Daz Crawford, Count Prince Miller and Diana Lee-Hsu, all new signers I believe, but pretty uneventful. The fourth hit was, you could have guessed it, Ben Whishaw.

That's OK, he might become hot and then I'll have two. Big Grin

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
As much as I like GoT, I sure don't want to see a Part 1 and Part 2 in order to fill up the schedule.

Don't give them ideas Big Grin

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Just looked at RA's website and was shocked to see that they are producing a factory set of WNBA cards. That's Women's National Basketball Association, pro ladies, for those that don't follow the sport.

Complete 110 card factory set is scheduled for August, with autographs of two top rookies and it isn't cheap. I did not hear that RA had picked up a sports license. Interesting times.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just looked at RA's website and was shocked to see that they are producing a factory set of WNBA cards. That's Women's National Basketball Association, pro ladies, for those that don't follow the sport.

Complete 110 card factory set is scheduled for August, with autographs of two top rookies and it isn't cheap. I did not hear that RA had picked up a sports license. Interesting times.

They've had the license since 2005.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
quote:

News to me. Big Grin I don't think I've heard much about that league since the first couple of years it was set up and I had no idea RA did cards for it. Women's pro sports are very much under represented, except when it comes to tennis stars.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
quote:

News to me. Big Grin I don't think I've heard much about that league since the first couple of years it was set up and I had no idea RA did cards for it. Women's pro sports are very much under represented, except when it comes to tennis stars.

Raven

I presume that you have not been a viewer of the Promo List on the Rittenhouse website as the 2005 promo card is first on the listing.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
I presume that you have not been a viewer of the Promo List on the Rittenhouse website as the 2005 promo card is first on the listing.
/QUOTE]

No, never. I only have promos that fall in my lap.

I did not know that RA ever did anything other than non-sport because I was not collecting WNBA or Indy Racing, which also seems to appear on their product list. I don't know when that was, they have many products/titles listed that are no longer made. That and the 5 or 6 WNBA factory sets that it looks like they have made is not RA's core business. I thought the 2016 WNBA license was something new and it is not.

Hope we can move the thread back to SPECTRE now. Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hope we can move the thread back to SPECTRE now. Smile

I'm looking forward to a full SPECTRE base set, I am not interested in overpriced autographs/chase cards anymore.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
....Would hope for the obvious names signing but Women of Bond cards of Seydoux & Bellucci would be great and alternate full-bleeds of Christoph Waltz (with and without scarred Blofeld face!) would be so cool as long as it is not his shortened 'CW' signature.
I'd be happy with a full bleed from Alessandro Cremona and I hope Dave Bautista is a lock-in given he signed for Guardians of the Galaxy (nice signature too)....

Lea Seydoux, Dave Bautista and Alessandro Carmona have signed full-bleed autograph cards.
http://www.scifihobby.com/prod...nd/bondarchives2016/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WOMBLE,

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
The Spectre full bleeds look awesome! Can't wait to pick them up! However I'm disappointed that there isn't the usual flurry of relic costume cards related to Spectre. It worries me that maybe they didn't get a bunch of costumes like in the past. Seems like a set named after Spectre would be the set they would use those costumes if they got em. Oh well, it'll save me money and I'm happy with the new autos.

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
It does say:-

Look for GOLD Parallel Sets for Spectre and The Living Daylights, 007 Double-Sided (Mirror Cards), Metal Cards, Wardrobe Prop Cards and more!

You would have thought they would have plenty 'day of the dead' costumes to use.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Given the throwback sets don't feature the most 'fan favourite' films and the incentive cards are very much for the hardcore Bond fan, the set looks a little more 'low key' at first glance. That said, once the costumes/relics/chase have been announced it might be a set were it is quite balanced and not all about the autographs.

But as usual, some very nice looking full-bleed autos have been shown.
I love the pic for Maryam d'Abo, it is so much better than her last full-bleed with the headscarf, and Joe Don Baker's Whitaker has been a long time coming (appropriate to release them both alongside The Living Daylights set).
The repeats look good but I do prefer the previous Teri Hatcher and Jane Seymour full-bleeds, but great that people have another shot at these two expensive names.

I'm interested to see what style of card Roger Moore and Daniela Bianchi will be on. And Denise Perrier is a name I have NEVER thought of, so a nice surprise given her hilarious scene with Connery.

For a SPECTRE themed set I would have liked more than 3 cast members to sign (was expecting another Daniel Craig auto) but I'm happy the 3 given are very good. I really enjoyed the film so I am most looking forward to those autos and picking up the base set. The Bautista card looks great and he has a nice signature too. Seydoux is a MASSIVE coup in my eyes, the best Bond girl of the Craig films IMO, but I think for such a stunning woman her full-bleed picture could have been better chosen. I'll cross my fingers for a second full-bleed later down the road.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
sooooooooooo happy about Lea Seydoux signing
and looooove the new Seymour full bleed
its actually the photo I was hoping for the first time around

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post