Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Finally - a Doctor Who set for North America!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally - a Doctor Who set for North America!
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted
Topps is doing a Doctor Who set for North America. Details to come.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Quick details:

24 packs/box
8 cards/pack

200-card base set.

Lots of inserts.

2 total autographs, dual autographs, costume relics, prop relics, sketch cards, medallions or printing plates per box.

And yes, it appears the autographs are stickers.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
I hope these are priced more like Mars Attacks than the $1k cases of Star Wars

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Needless to say many collectors including myself are very happy. Dance Elephant The sticker part does stink though. But it's much better than nothing. Beggars can't be choosers at this point.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
I hope these are priced more like Mars Attacks than the $1k cases of Star Wars

Then I won't tell you SRP is going to be in line with recent Star Wars sets ; )

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
I guessed add much by the configuration but was holding out hope. Will these be 12 box cases then?

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm mainly interested in the autographs so if boxes are near $100 then it'll be the singles route for me.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
I guessed add much by the configuration but was holding out hope. Will these be 12 box cases then?

8 boxes/case.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Picture of wvfan
posted Hide Post
YEsssssssssssssssssssss Finally my dream have come true.

Posts: 130 | Location: petersburg WV | Registered: December 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What do you mean for North America ?
I'm in UK and I've been desperate for a real Dr Who set as well.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Based on previous attempts I will believe it when I see it on sale. The BBC are notoriously difficult to deal with and several other card manufacturers have had the licence in the past and been unable to produce a set.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming they will use a lot of the artwork on these that has been used on the Alien Attax sets over here. The images I can see are from these.
They must have got Matt & Karen to sign some stickers when they were over there but we don't know how many. I can't say I am a fan of these stickers.

The BBC will probably change it's mind next week and cancel the set citing non approval of something, they have a habit of doing that. Big Grin

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see one place already pre-selling these at $660 for an 8 box case. They have listed an approx. release date of December 12. Here's the product breakdown:

Configuration: 8 boxes per case. 24 packs per box. 8 cards per pack.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

Doctor Who Card Set Featuring 300 Trading Cards
200 base cards - 4 Categories
- Characters
- Aliens
- Villains
- Gadgets

3 Base Parallels
- Blue (1 of 199)
- Red (1 of 99)
- Gold (1 of 50)

100 Subset Insert Cards
- Memorable Moments
- Companions
- The Doctor Is In
- TARDIS Travel
- Stiches in Time

Multiple Inserts Add to the Collectability of the Set
Memorable Moments (1:2)
- Great moments through Doctor Who's 50 years

Companions (1:4)
- Spotlight on the many companions who have joined the Doctor on his adventures

The Doctor's In (1:6)
- Character cards featuring all 12 Doctors

TARDIS Travel (1:8)
- Lots of action takes place in and around the TARDIS....this subset features memorable moments with Doctor Who's most iconic "sidekick"

Stich in Time (1:12)
- Celebrating fan favorite episodes which feature more than one Doctor at the same time

Many Desirable Hits to Chase!
Autographs
- Doctors and Companions
- Cut signatures where available
- Dual Autos

Relic Cards
- Prop relics
- Wardrobe relics
- Manufactured "alien" relics
- Relic and Auto cards

Sketch Cards
- Look for loaded packs with 4 sketch cards in one pack which form one huge sketch!

Printing Plates
- One of a kind printing plates

Medallion Relics
- Collectible medallion relics

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Did they put a year after the December 12 date Big Grin .A bit cynical after all the false starts in the last few years.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Doctor Who Card Set Featuring 300 Trading Cards 200 base cards - 4 Categories- Characters- Aliens- Villains- Gadgets

What's the difference between Aliens + Villains ?

not so much of the gadgets thanks Razz

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Just because they're Aliens doesn't mean they're Villains. The Doctor has a lot of Alien allies.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many boxes they'll make of this? 25-30,000? That might not be too far off. Eek

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
From the size of the set and the descriptions, this looks to be along the lines of Star Wars Galactic Files.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Wow that is awesome news but I would prefer the price for a box not leave me with sticker shock. My kids are going to be stoked and I am going to be broke. Razz

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lovemesomecards:
Wow that is awesome news but I would prefer the price for a box not leave me with sticker shock. My kids are going to be stoked and I am going to be broke. Razz

There's always the "Pay over time" option. Roll Eyes

Yes, we dealers are an evil lot. Wave

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post