Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Finally - a Doctor Who set for North America!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally - a Doctor Who set for North America!
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
quote:
Originally posted by TheUberBob:
So...still no news, then?

I know, it's Topps (and, I suppose, the BBC licensing department), so par for the course. It's just that this is the first Topps set I've been actively interested in for myself so I've never really paid much attention before.

-Bob-

It's much more the BBC licensing departments and the key problem is it is more than one department you have to deal with. I believe that there are as many as five different parts of the BBC that have to give approval and if four give the OK and one says no then it's back to the drawing board Frown .

Every single card company that has produced or tried to produce sets for BBC programmes has had the same problems.

As I understood it, the licences were cheap and approval needed to be sought from one person.....THEN the series came back in 2005, the licence fees sky-rocketed and approval needed to be sought from seven different people. Nowadays, the producers mentioned they were involved with approvals as well, I am amazed there is as much merchandise as there is!

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
There are already loads of Dr Who sets in cards and stickers so somebody must be having no trouble getting approvals.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
There are already loads of Dr Who sets in cards and stickers so somebody must be having no trouble getting approvals.

And those include Topps and/or their related companies. Perhaps its more to do with show related artefacts or even signatures.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Different country, different contracts.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post