Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Final Season The Tudors
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Final Season The Tudors
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
If you get 5 common costumes, the value is questionable.

Ultimately, I think this is going to be the demise of the hobby as we know it. . . I don't know how cards limited to around 150 made can be considered first common, and 2nd be overpriced at around $20. Consider how small of a number 150 is. . .

I was looking at Comic Panels from the Transformers set -- these are limited to around 10-15 each (inserted 1 in every 3 standard wax boxes), and are selling for $1 on eBay.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
Thanks and this is also now SOLD OUT

Tom

Congratulations, Tom!! Looks like a great release.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I would love to make sets with just plain foil chase cards and a base set of cards.I am afraid no one would buy enough cases of them to pay for the license fee. We turned the corner many years ago where everyone wants special cards autos,props,costumes,sketch but now everyone wants these cards for less than what they cost to make.Jon has a good point as those Transformers cards cost 5 times more to make than sold for. I would vote going backwards but that wont happen.I use to have so many customers who bought every set that was made and it didnt break the bank.Anyone remember all the Comic Image/FPG sets you could get the whole thing for $60-75 and that was a set plus chase card set, autograph card and maybe a medallion card.A lot of collectors also dont see that a lot of dealers selling on ebay etc are losing money selling these cards. Its complete madness how many people sell at a loss.

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
thanks Jon

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
This was what people call a premium pack

Absolutely agree. This puts other "premium" pack products to shame.

And if £50 does transpire to be the common pack price, as dealers at Birmingham seemed to be doing, then I'm very happy in those terms. It seems the prices initially being charged by the first dealers to get their hands on these was in fact over the top, and the true price will be more reasonable, which is great news.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ravenheart,

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
now everyone wants these cards for less than what they cost to make

This is an interesting point, Tom. What does your average costume or prop card cost to make? Roughly speaking?

What's involved? Do you have to buy the individual costumes/props from the production companies? Or is it all covered by the license up front? Presumably some things, like the weapons in Grimm, cost more to put into a card than cutting up a t-shirt?

It'd be interesting to know exactly what goes into sets like this Smile

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
quote:
This was what people call a premium pack

Absolutely agree. This puts other "premium" pack products to shame.

And if £50 does transpire to be the common pack price, as dealers at Birmingham seemed to be doing, then I'm very happy in those terms. It seems the prices initially being charged by the first dealers to get their hands on these was in fact over the top, and the true price will be more reasonable, which is great news.
Well, £50 is roughly $80 at current exchange rates. By the time you add up the wholesale price, shipping to the UK plus VAT and handling, it sounds like the dealers at Birmingham were selling at around cost price, so selling with little or no profit margin and quite possibly even at a loss. Not a sustainable situation no matter how nice it seems for collectors.

The cost of making a costume or prop card does not give a good indication of the selling price. For example, many moons ago when I worked in the clothing industry, the markup from cost of manufacture to selling price was at least 100% and sometimes more.

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I look at any average costume, prop or autograph card as being worth $20 retail. So with 5 such cards in a premium pack I would put $100 as being the absolute minimum. If some dealers are selling these for $80, I would like to know how they are making any money and also where I can find them? Big Grin

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
They are VERY nice Prop cards as well

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post