Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Final Season The Tudors
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Final Season The Tudors
 Login/Join

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Please note

All Costumes and Props are numbered

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Looks like they are already out.
One seller has the packs listed on the bay.
$100 each.

Posts: 82 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Wow wow those are very lovely prop and costume cards. Glad to see a Charles Brandon costume. He was one of my favorite characters.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just seen the first of these appearing for sale to the UK (from the US, of course).

Looks like most costumes and props are /155. The rare ones seem to be:

Prop P-4 /125
Prop P-7 /120
Costume C-11 /65

Not sure on Prop P-2.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:

Yeah the first set you can pick up some very good deals for most of the cards including the SDCC special prop ones, but this is much more limited.

Indeed. All I'm struggling with at the moment is the 5-swatch SDCC costume, and obviously the King's Razor SDCC prop. Costume ABGD is proving slightly annoying as well.

As for the £55-ish price on these packs... if that transpires to be the case, I definitely won't be buying. That's far, far too high.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
quote:

Yeah the first set you can pick up some very good deals for most of the cards including the SDCC special prop ones, but this is much more limited.

Indeed. All I'm struggling with at the moment is the 5-swatch SDCC costume, and obviously the King's Razor SDCC prop. Costume ABGD is proving slightly annoying as well.

As for the £55-ish price on these packs... if that transpires to be the case, I definitely won't be buying. That's far, far too high.

I've only ever seen one of the razor cards from a US seller on evilbay and that was around the £150-185 mark...too steep for me. I was lucky to find the 5-swatch card for only £25 several months ago...which was amazing. And yes the ABGD card is a toughy...they occasionally come up and fly as soon as they're listed.

I've seen the first few cards for this new set on the usual source...too pricey for me, if we add in shipping to the UK and possibly being caught for Customs, which seems to be caught more and more these days. Eek

Originally I thought I couldn't stretch to a master and would buy one or two cards. I wouldn't just buy one card either. I think I'm in a long wait for price drops on this set. Having only recently bought into the James Bond set, I just don't have the cash to keep stretching to more and more.

I know some people love the premium pack format. I personally hate it. It puts a lot of cards out of the reach of most people.

I should add I'm not having a go at Breygent, because these cards look gorgeous, some of the nicest costume cards I've ever seen. I'm more having a go at myself for not being able to afford them to be able to add these lovely cards to my collection. Yes..the nose pressed up against the sweet shop window syndrome. Shake Head

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
We didnt have enought to make a full blown set on this and a lot of customers wanted to see this set finished so we did the last series this way.If you do the math these 5 hit packs are less costly than buying 2 boxes of normal wax.

Tom

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
I was lucky to get my 5 swatch card (Anne's gold dress contains red stitching which is quite a rare variant) when they first came out, and eBay was flooded with them.
Still after some more JRM costumes from that set, prices seem to hold on those.
I look forward to hopefully obtaining some of the new ones at a good price Thumb Up

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
We should (all things going well with international mail) have a very limited amount of these at Memorabilia for those who want to see them in person, along with a bunch of other Breygent goodies and promos.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Great stuff, looking forward to seeing them. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:

I know some people love the premium pack format. I personally hate it. It puts a lot of cards out of the reach of most people.

That depends, because there were originally at least 3 distinct versions of what might be called the premium pack format.

I loved the premium pack box, where you got the whole base set, 1 or 2 hits and a few insert cards. The first Tudors and Vampirella came out like that and it really was a box worth of cards without the wrappers or doubles. The best part was that they sold for $35 - $40, well below the cost of a traditional box.

Then you had the true premium pack. A few base cards, one or two hits and inserts. They really did make all the cards hits, because it was even harder to put together the base set in this format. However the price per pack was again in the $40 range.

I consider both these formats highly affordable and wish that they were used more, but it seems that most of the major manufacturers have stopped and either gone back to traditional boxes of $65 - $85 or put out these small preview sets.

Now if all the cards in the pack are some sort of premium hit, as is the case with the Final Tudors, that's when the price becomes an issue for many collectors. It is worth it only if the cards have enough combined value when the packs are opened and you won't know that until somebody takes a chance and starts breaking them. Big Grin

Posts: 10379 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
please note this is a rare prop numbered to 30

another rare card is c11 numbered to 65

the rest of the numbers are
C-1 > 155
C-2 > 155
C-3 > 155
C-4 > 155
C-5 > 155
C-6 > 155
C-7 > 155
C-8 > 155
C-9 > 155
C-10 > 105

props

P-1 > 155
P-2 > 30
P-3 > 155
P-4 > 125
P-5 > 155
P-6 > 155
P-7 > 120
P-8 > 155

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Jonathan Ryhes Meyers Gold variant Autograph less than 40 available

Tom

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
less than 90 packs left

tom

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just out of curiosity, which premium pack cards are out of the reach of most people? Unless you are talking autographs or other hits I can't seem to give cards away -- even premium pack cards.

I'm trying to sell sets from recent premium packs right now for around $5-6 and I have no one interested at all.

The Tudors cards I've seen have all been top notch. . . glad to see Breygent putting these out!

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Premium packs are not what puts some cards out of reach of average collectors.

quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
please note this is a rare prop numbered to 30

This is. Not saying it's wrong, but it's the thing that really affects the ability of your average collector to complete the set.

The question here is going to be whether the collation is clever enough to mean that each pack really is worth the asking price. Every pack needs to have at least 1 of the rare props/costumes, or one of the autographs, along with three or four of the more common costumes.

Even within a product like this, some premium hits are more premium than others, and the only way the cost of these is justified is if each pack gets one of those more premium cards.

If you get 5 common costumes, the value is questionable.

Personally, I'd want an autograph in every pack to justify it.

The other problem is, will the packs even reach collectors? With a release as limited as this, the chances are all the dealers will buy them, open them, and overprice the individual cards.

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Sorry I know this wont please everyone as that is also impossible to do.This was what people call a premium pack.There was not enough for me to make a normal set.This will be a harder set to complete but not impossible.These are also easy to find from the dealers that bought them.Like every series made today not all dealers take every product.If someone is looking for product ask me and I can give you some dealers that took the product.

Thanks and this is also now SOLD OUT

Tom