Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Final Season The Tudors
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Final Season The Tudors
 Login/Join

Manufacturer
posted
Available this week
place your order

Thanks Tom

This message has been edited. Last edited by: t.breyer,

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow, those are nice looking cards! Thumb Up

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where can these be purchased? There are none listed on the bay and I can't find any info on the website for purchasing them.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So this is a super premium pack release, no base cards, all hits.

I wasn't expecting that. I like it, my only concern is the price. Anybody order these yet?

On a sidenote, I see that the Rhys Meyers signature continues to be one of the worst. Its not that its unreadable, that would be OK as long as it was consistent, but every autograph looks different. I could never pick out his authenticate signature because there are too many variations to compare.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Wow, super premium packs.
Shame this won't be as affordable to the average collector as the first set.
However I would be interested in the prop cards, and female costumes, should prices settle after release.
I spent alot of money, as well as a brilliant box, on the first release but got most of what I wanted. Wonder if this will be the case this time?

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
Looks great, wish I wasn't so broke right now, or I'd order some.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
Great looking cards. Thumb Up
I loved the first set, but I'll have to pick and choose cards for this one, or wait and see if they drop in price at a later date. I can't really afford the packs at the moment...a bit too pricey for me, with Christmas just around the corner. Frown

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Seems like a great idea in terms of format. Pretty pleased, but like others have suggested, they need to be sensibly priced.

Any hints on retail price?

I imagine it'll be pretty easy to collect this because, let's be honest, interest in Tudors so far after the series finished is going to be pretty low.

I've only been collecting the first set since about August, and now have nearly everything. Most I've had to pay is £23 for a Jonathan Rhys Myers autograph. Everything else has been £12 or (much) less.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
C-1 Jonathan Rhys Meyers—Blue & Sandy Fabric
C-2 Henry Cavill--Black Fabric
C-3 Jonathan Rhys Meyers-Gold mesh
C-4 Jonathan Rhys Meyers-Black fabric with Gold
C-5 Sarah Bolger-Gold fabric
C-6 Henry Cavill—Silver mesh fabric
C-7 David O’Hara—Bronze mesh fabric
C-8 Jonathan Rhys Meyers—Blue/Silver fabric
C-9 Tamzin Merchant-Fabric
C-10 Jonathan Rhys Meyerst--Fabric
C-11 Jonathan Rhys Meyers-Pearls Rare

PROP CARDS
P-1 -Letters
P-2 Rare-Quill Feather
P-3 -Pearls
P-4 -Jewels
P-5 -Tarot cards
P-6 -Painting of the king
P-7 Rare- royal symbol
P-8 -Portfolio leather

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
Seems like a great idea in terms of format. Pretty pleased, but like others have suggested, they need to be sensibly priced.

Any hints on retail price?

I imagine it'll be pretty easy to collect this because, let's be honest, interest in Tudors so far after the series finished is going to be pretty low.

I've only been collecting the first set since about August, and now have nearly everything. Most I've had to pay is £23 for a Jonathan Rhys Myers autograph. Everything else has been £12 or (much) less.

Yeah the first set you can pick up some very good deals for most of the cards including the SDCC special prop ones, but this is much more limited.
I've seen a price from one dealer in the US for $89 per pack!! (Around £55-60!!) I know every card is a hit, but that's too pricey for me. I'll be waiting and looking for bargains instead and for cards I really want instead of looking for a master....if the cards ever surface at a reasonable price.

The Rhys Meyers factor might be more desirable again with the success of the new Dracula series...which I like a lot, so there might be some interest come back to the Tudors.

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
Looks very nice, but not sure if I will buy because I am not a fan of the premium pack scenario. The boxed set format of the first series was very good, though.

Good luck, Breygent.

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the further information Breygent (Tom) Wave

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post

Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
5 hits per pack, impressive but crazy imho. Nice looking cards though Wink

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post