Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Big Bang Theory Seasons 3&4
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Bang Theory Seasons 3&4
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow601:
Print run is 7000 boxes, so 583 cases.
I'm assuming there will be 2 auto/ costumes and 2 dual wardrobe in each case.
As in season 1 & 2 people were getting 1-3 of the main cast in a case, so considering there's 7 main cast this time.
Guess we'll just have to wait until the first breakdowns of cases are posted, I'm sure we'll see some a few days before release date.

Don't know where 1 - 3 of the main cast came from, all I ever heard about was 1 autograph of the top 5 per case in the first BBT. Now all are A1 - A7 are auto/wardrobe.

For the second Vampire Dairies the same change to auto/wardrobe for the top 3 guarantees out at one per case only. So here you have 7 main signers compared to 3 main signers, but they could have signed the same number or even less as a group.

I would be very surprised if A1 - A7 are seeded more than 1 per case. I would be happy to see it, but that has not been the formula based on Crypto's previous products as far as I've seen posted.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the 1-3 main cast from the first set is based on people case breaks in several forums. Some people only got one in a case, and others were lucky enough to get 2 or even 3 in a case. Like in my case I got both Sheldon and Leonard. Check out the box breaks for seasons 1 & 2 to see what I mean.

Guess we'll all just have to wait and see what case breakdowns are like when product is released in 10 days.

Posts: 128 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Just a quick look at the box breakdown forum for full case breaks starting on page 1

1- A2, A3
2- A1, A4
3- A1, A2, A4
4- A3
5- A1, A2
6- A1, A2
7- A2, A3
8- A4
9- A1, A2, A3
10- A4
11- A2, A5
12 and 13 combined- A1, A2, A4(X2)
14- A1, A3
15- A1, A3
16- A3

So 16 case breaks, 30 main cast autos. Just shy of 2 per case on average.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As you can see most cases got 2 main cast autos.
And that's just a handful of cases on one forum.
So I can't see why we wouldn't expect cases this time around with 1-3 main cast autos. That's the point I was trying to make, based on season 1 & 2 pulls. Plus this time around there are 7 main cast instead of 5. I'd be more than happy to pull 2 main cast autos.
But again it's a wait and see thing. It's like us all speculating on how many dual wardrobes we think you'll see per case (I'm guessing 2 per case).

I wonder if suppliers will be getting cases earlier than release date and some posted breaks before release date as seen beore with numerous releases? I just wanna see what a case break is going to look like. Too long to wait!

Posts: 128 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Looking back at the case breaks for BBT 1&2, I saw only one case that had 3 autos of A1 - A5. Its a small sample, but I think saying 1 - 3 per case is possible is misleading when only one lucky buyer reported getting 3.

There were 12 cases reporting 2 big hits and 5 with only 1 big hit.

The difference is greater when you look at people who only bought boxes. I saw 8 boxes that had a hit in A1 - A5, but I saw 38 boxes that had an auto that wasn't from the main cast. You can give or take a couple, because I looked fast. Big Grin

For me, I broke 5 boxes and got nothing in A1 - A5. As you say, we shall have to wait to see how many A1 - A7 auto/wardrobes are in the new cases. I would rather aim low and be pleasantly surprised, than buy expecting multiples and get disappointed. Wink

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Looking back at the case breaks for BBT 1&2, I saw only one case that had 3 autos of A1 - A5. Its a small sample, but I think saying 1 - 3 per case is possible is misleading when only one lucky buyer reported getting 3.

There were 12 cases reporting 2 big hits and 5 with only 1 big hit.

It was 2 cases out of 16, cases #3 and 9 in the breaks.

2 cases had 3
10 cases had 2
4 cases had 1

The difference is greater when you look at people who only bought boxes. I saw 8 boxes that had a hit in A1 - A5, but I saw 38 boxes that had an auto that wasn't from the main cast. You can give or take a couple, because I looked fast. Big Grin

For me, I broke 5 boxes and got nothing in A1 - A5. As you say, we shall have to wait to see how many A1 - A7 auto/wardrobes are in the new cases. I would rather aim low and be pleasantly surprised, than buy expecting multiples and get disappointed. Wink

-Goethe

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Hi all,
Auto/Wardrobe is an average of 1:288. A few cases will see a second card, but not very many in the grand scheme of the print run.

Posts: 36 | Location: Irvine, Ca | Registered: May 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
How about a release date? Thanks

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Release date has been posted for a while now,
February 13, 2013

Posts: 36 | Location: Irvine, Ca | Registered: May 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miranda:
Hi all,
Auto/Wardrobe is an average of 1:288. A few cases will see a second card, but not very many in the grand scheme of the print run.

Wow - while completing a master set should be a bit of a challenge, needing a perfect break on 7 cases at the above odds to complete seems a bit harsh! Obviously there is the secondary market for the missing top 7 but they aint gonna be cheap.

Not trying to take a pop, as I like the cards that Crypto release, but had hoped for 1.5 - 2 of the big 7 per case. Let the chase begin...

Dave

Posts: 168 | Location: Green Hammerton, Yorkshire, UK | Registered: November 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't have a big problem with this, but I'm breaking very little of the product and will be most likely be piecing a master set together.

I do think that having to get perfet collation in 7 cases to complete a master set is pretty harsh, but that should keep those big 7 extremely collectable.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chuck Bartowski,

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Even if you don't get a perfect collation getting 2 penny autos instead of a Howard Auto will be better.

You can sell the penny auto for more than the Howard auto is worth have extra money to buy a Howard auto and $ left over.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: heroeslost,

Posts: 84 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Miranda.
Wow can't believe that. I thought for sure we'd get 2 in a case. As others have mentioned getting all 7 main cast is going to be such a challenge and expensive. Hope it doesn't mean we are going to get heaps of doubles of the lesser autos.
Imagine how much these cards are going to sell for as you'd have to be pretty damn lucky to get all 7 in 7 cases.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miranda:
Hi all,

Well there's your answer, and I have to say its pretty much what I expected based on the Vampire Diaries release. The difference is that we have 7 auto/wardrobe in BBT, as compared to 3 in VP. That means it will be very tough to get certain names.

I want to thank Miranda for providing the info upfront and before release. I think its great to see a card manufacturer just stop all the speculation and tell buyers what the product is likely to contain. Clap

posted Hide Post
I don't mind 1 auto costume per case and appreciate being told ahead of time Smile

So if all of the A1-A7 signers signed the same amount of cards there is at least 83 of each. Miranda said there will be some cases that will have more than 1 costume so maybe a total of 600 produced? (based on 583 cases)

There are 25 each of the redemption's so those should be 1:11.66 cases.

Hopefully there's 2 dual costumes per case Smile

Posts: 84 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm working on purchasing a master set (without redemptions), and the price is still somewhat in flux, but it is going to be expensive. Still significantly lower than the cost of 7 cases at their current prices and hoping for perfect collation. This may be one of the most challenging sets to put together when it's all said and done (if you take away the sets that have cards that are severely SP'd.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Looks like BBT retail packs are already out.

Someone on Blowout cards forum posted a link to ebay and posted the retail odds.

Autos- 1:1,395 packs
Wardrobe- 1:480 packs
Combined- 1:328 packs

-Goethe

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
Looks like BBT retail packs are already out.

Someone on Blowout cards forum posted a link to ebay and posted the retail odds.

Autos- 1:1,395 packs
Wardrobe- 1:480 packs
Combined- 1:328 packs

I found a few of the costume cards on Ebay- they look nice.
I wonder how this will impact Cryptozoic's desire to have the street date as Feb 13.
Hobby dealers don't have their product yet (I believe) and were told, and reminded, that they are not to list until Feb 13.
I would think they could just say the cards came out of Retail packs.

Posts: 82 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most distributors have their product.
I'm getting 3 boxes from mine that are getting delivered tomorrow Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
I haven't been able to get my dealer to reply to my email. I'm supposed to have a box reserved....Ed where are you?

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post