Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    HEROES CARDS / SAINSBURYS.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HEROES CARDS / SAINSBURYS.
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted
Sainsburys are doing cards again with your shopping.

Called Heroes and covering Disney/Pixar/ star wars etc.

144 card set in packs of 4 cards. Pick up packs by buying products or buy the packs for 50p. There is also an album at £2.50.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Launched today, here's the blurb:-

This year we’ve teamed up with Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel to create an amazing new collection of Disney Heroes Trading cards. Each pack contains 4 trading cards, if you’re lucky you might get a special rub and reveal, holographic or glow in the dark card! There are 144 cards to collect in total and Booster packs can help you complete your collection. Collect and unlock the Hero in you!

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you get the free packs at the locals or just the main supermarkets?

Posts: 120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I believe the 144 card count includes 36 limited/chase cards. These are glow in the dark cards, "sparkle" cards, and "rubbing" cards.

You can also get the packs with your online shopping.

They're available with certain products regardless of spend (e.g. boxes of Nakd Bars, Fairy products, Kellog's Rice Krispies, Carte Noire), or one pack per £10 spent on other products.

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/w.../heroes-collectibles

Local stores are included. Cards available until October 1st.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I just got my first 2 packs.

Trying to open the packs without ruining the cards is really tricky, they are sealed in perforated cardboard. I hate to think what some of the cards will look like when the kids have ripped them open.

I think i got a special card, it is Spiderman # 142 looks like a glow in the dark one.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I agree with you Wolfie re opening the pack of cards. Fortunately I was able to use a scalpel to cut the perforations. I have purchased a complete set.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JOHN LEVITT,

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
There are folks on ebay trying to charge £10 for the album and £500 for the Han Solo card.

I suggest you run a mile. Elephant

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
There are folks on ebay trying to charge £10 for the album and £500 for the Han Solo card.

I suggest you run a mile. Elephant

Yes but the full set is on offer for £20 or 50 packs and an album £15

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I think Sainsburys fraud squad will be looking into these people to know where they got them all from.

posted Hide Post
Bought a set of 22 cards for £3.99 with 6 of the special cards including the Han solo one. Lets see how rare it is Smile

Posts: 120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think Sainsburys fraud squad will be looking into these people to know where they got them all from.

Boxes of 100/200 Packs on sale. I just purchased a full set - saves the hassle

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neilsy:
Bought a set of 22 cards for £3.99 with 6 of the special cards including the Han solo one. Lets see how rare it is Smile

Just pulled 3 han solo cards in 12 packs so I have £1500 Just waiting to sell

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by Neilsy:

Just pulled 3 ham solo cards in 12 packs so I have £1500 Just waiting to sell

How many General Leia do you have as someone wants £950 because she is dead (their words not mine)?

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Credit to them, they have made some lovely cards for a free product. These special cards are really well done and put a lot of payed product to shame.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The cards are nice and the promotion is great but the amount of (alledged ) stolen product on ebay is ruining it as usual and Sainsburys don't seem very bothered about it.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
The cards are nice and the promotion is great but the amount of (alledged ) stolen product on ebay is ruining it as usual and Sainsburys don't seem very bothered about it.

There does seem to be a lot of un-opened packs/boxes about, at a considerably lower price than the official 50p per pack. Eek

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sainsbury's Staff do get a discount but not 100%. One of my local stores has the albums and cards to be given out at the checkouts but none for sale whereas the other one also has them for sale. The same happened with this last issue of cards.

Those given out at the checkouts that I have seen are not in a packet and those available for 50p are in a packet. Those available on eBay seem to be the "freebies" available at the checkout. In my experience the check out staff find giving out cards a pain in the neck and will look for any excuse to get rid of them.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
Sainsbury's Staff do get a discount but not 100%. One of my local stores has the albums and cards to be given out at the checkouts but none for sale whereas the other one also has them for sale. The same happened with this last issue of cards.

Those given out at the checkouts that I have seen are not in a packet and those available for 50p are in a packet. Those available on eBay seem to be the "freebies" available at the checkout. In my experience the check out staff find giving out cards a pain in the neck and will look for any excuse to get rid of them.

People are selling 80/100 packets, even the most generous staff can't give away that many. People selling full sets as well, that takes a LOT of packs

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I've got 37 diffrent cards now. Clap

Only another 107 to go. Big Grin Elephant

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Having cheated by buying I have the full set which arrived today.