Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    HEROES CARDS / SAINSBURYS.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HEROES CARDS / SAINSBURYS.
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neilsy:
Credit to them, they have made some lovely cards for a free product. These special cards are really well done and put a lot of payed product to shame.

I agree, the finish on the special cards is really nice.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
Having cheated by buying I have the full set which arrived today.

Oh John how could you. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wolfie

It was easy. We prefer to do most of our weekly and monthly on-line shopping at different supermarkets so Sainsbury's is used for those items we have not managed to get elsewhere and therefore for what we spend I am lucky if I get more than 2 packets. So far I have obtained 3 packets and 2 of those were free with the Album so buying a complete set of 144 cards for less than £15 was that easy. I will this week however purchase a couple of packets if I can find them purely for the wrapper.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I fully expect to spend the rest of my life just trying to get the cards out of the packs. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wolfie

It was easy. We prefer to do most of our weekly and monthly on-line shopping at different supermarkets so Sainsbury's is used for those items we have not managed to get elsewhere and therefore for what we spend I am lucky if I get more than 2 packets. So far I have obtained 3 packets and 2 of those were free with the Album so buying a complete set of 144 cards for less than £15 was that easy. I will this week however purchase a couple of packets if I can find them purely for the wrapper.

regards

John

Same here, price for a set was good as well.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I fully expect to spend the rest of my life just trying to get the cards out of the packs. Big Grin

I do have some spares

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I managed to find the packs that Sainsbury's have for sale. They have a different colour on the back. The freebies are coloured blue and the purchased cards are coloured yellow. So for the purest that will be two sets to collect.The fronts look exactly the same.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
I managed to find the packs that Sainsbury's have for sale. They have a different colour on the back. The freebies are coloured blue and the purchased cards are coloured yellow. So for the purest that will be two sets to collect.The fronts look exactly the same.

Was the set you purchased all the same colour?

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes all blue. I did not know about the yellow backs until I purchased a pack. Note that they are not in a wrapper so you can easily see which are being sold.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
The set I have is all blue too. Have seen some yellow for sale but mainly blue

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
People are selling full boxes with 200 packs for £32!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That will soon come down

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wuher:
That will soon come down

That is cheap

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are folks on ebay trying to charge £10 for the album and £500 for the Han Solo card.

I suggest you run a mile. Elephant

Now reduced to £2 for the Han Solo card

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
There are folks on ebay trying to charge £10 for the album and £500 for the Han Solo card.

The force was weak with this one.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I have 75 diffrent ones now so i am just over half way there. Dance

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:

I wish £500 cards I wanted got reduced to £2...

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:

I wish £500 cards I wanted got reduced to £2...

Now THAT would be good Smile

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Hurray, i'm through the 100 mark. Smile

I have 101 cards now, 43 to go.

Fist full of swaps. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hurray, i'm through the 100 mark. Smile

I have 101 cards now, 43 to go.

Fist full of swaps. Big Grin

Wolfie

I now have 125 of the Yellow back issue so I only have 19 to go. No plans to visit any of their stores until next week.

regards

John