Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Marvel Bronze Age
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marvel Bronze Age
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goldenavenger:
quote:
Originally posted by Headless Horseman:
Where is Man-Thing and Howard the Duck? I believe Rom Spaceknight can't be done because of licensing issues.

What's shown is a very small sampling. Plus those two characters are not typically drawn a lot. Maybe you could get Rian on it, he single handily got dozens of artist to increase the amount of Squirrel-girl sketch cards drawn. Thumb Up

I also am waiting for Devil Dinosaur, Machine Man and the most popular, Human Fly!!!!!

Big Grin

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
I drew Howard the Duck & Man-Thing! Wave

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I can't see Human Fly appearing. If I remember correctly, that was a real guy and Marvel are unlikely to have the licence to him anymore.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
I can't see Human Fly appearing. If I remember correctly, that was a real guy and Marvel are unlikely to have the licence to him anymore.

Um, I was kidding!!!!

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMolinelli:
I drew Howard the Duck & Man-Thing! Wave

Great job, I can not wait to see them.

Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
I was going to ask, but decided to spend the time to find the answer. The release date is December 5th, 2012 in case anyone else wanted to know.

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cmcdjj37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:

Unless you're talking about the super-villain! Big Grin

Posts: 209 | Location: Castle Rock, Colorado | Registered: July 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:

Um, I was kidding!!!!

I realised but I wouldn't have minded seeing it.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
The checklist is up on Rittenhouse's site. It looks like the Bronze Embossed cards will be a tricky one to complete.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elaine Perna:
quote:
Where is Man-Thing and Howard the Duck? I believe Rom Spaceknight can't be done because of licensing issues.

I'm sure you will see a Man-Thing soon. Wink

You can count on it. Smile

Posts: 96 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
2 weeks until release. Thumb Up

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
2 days....

posted Hide Post
Although I don't collect many cards these days, I was very excited when I heard about this set as I pretty actively collected Marvel comics during this era. I wanted to get all the cards, so I picked up a master set and my girlfriend bought me an unopened box. I wanted the fun of opening some packs as well as saving some unopened packs for a rainy day. The sealed box was indeed sealed and I expected the sketch card to be in the box, but not in the packs. I've opened about a third of the packs and haven't found a sketch. In Rittenhouse boxes, are the sketches "free-floating" in the box or are they in one of the packs? I sure hope I find it in one of the packs, as I was really looking forward to it. I suppose I could contact Rittenhouse if there is no sketch, but I could be totally lying (plus I still want to keep some packs unopened).

If anyone can offer any info/advice, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Posts: 52 | Location: Madison, WI | Registered: March 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
They are in the packs. Keep opening!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
As far as I know, the sketch cards are always in the packs. If they were free floating then any store owner would get the sketch before putting the open box out on the counter for selling packs.

posted Hide Post
Thanks, Batman and Goldenavenger! I can relax now and take my time enjoying opening the packs (and, I hope, finding the card soon enough that I can save a few unopened).

Posts: 52 | Location: Madison, WI | Registered: March 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post