Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Marvel Bronze Age
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marvel Bronze Age
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted
Anxious to see what they have in store for us with this series.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Who's doing this set?

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Rittenhouse Archives.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I think the folks running Rittenhouse today were at Fleer/Skybox when the classic 1998 Marvel Silver Age set was made. With that in mind, there's no one better than R.A. to release this set.

Seeing how they carried on the original series Star Trek autograph, base, and and chase cards designs from the original Skybox sets into the modern Rittenhouse ones, it is likely the Bronze Age set as renderedby Rittenhouse will follow the look and design established for the Silver Age set, which for me, is most welcome as Marvel Silver Age is one of my favoirte non sports sets ever made. For better or worse, it truly did usher in the modern formula of one sketch card per box, and there was also an autograph card in each box.

Given that Rittenhouse puts at least 2 hits in all of their boxes, they should be able to repeat the Marvel Silver Age formula for a new Bronze Age set quite easily. And hopefully, the result will be more successful for them than the Silver Age set, which in the waning days of the 1990's trading card boom, was not a big seller when originally released in 1998. Boxes were available at the closeout price of $25 within a year of the sets release. (They are now very valuable and sell for multiples of their original price).

I love 1970's Marvel Comics line even more than classic original line from the 1960's. They should be able to get plenty of sketches of their popular 1970's horror characters into this set, and an autograph list could include scores of different writers and artists who worked for the company in those days. I do hope they will make an effort to get the majority of sketches from artists who worked on Marvel comics during the Bronze Age. That's why Silver Age was so awesome, most of the sketches were by actual Silver Age artists.

I'm looking forward to this set, for sure.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
I tend to doubt that they would be working in that vintage style. Wasn't the biggest draw that the sketches were all from Marvel artists? That is where UD has a decided advantage over RA is that they usually have quite a few "working" artists doing sketches as opposed the the usual sketch card artists (not to take anything at all away from them, but many collectors would much rather have a less detailed sketch from a famous artist).

That being said, I am sure that RA will put out a nice set.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the dumb question but when was the Bronze Age? I know about Gold and Silver bet have never heard of Bronze (I hate to admit it but I collect comics as well)

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ra$
posted Hide Post
The Bronze Age is from 1970-1985...

Posts: 97 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ra$:
The Bronze Age is from 1970-1985...

So does that make 1985-1995 fool's gold age and 1995-2005 the dark age? Wink

Posts: 121 | Location: London | Registered: July 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chesspieceface, I agree with just about every word you said. I think this set has a great deal of potential and I hope that Rittenhouse does indeed follow the model of the Silver Age set. I don't buy/collect much in the way of trading cards these days, but that would definitely get me excited.

Posts: 52 | Location: Madison, WI | Registered: March 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
This was sent out by Rittenhouse Archives. There's a lot of very nice looking cards. WOW!!

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Nice stuff!

The best Comic company and age of comics all in to one set! (personal favorite) Love the bronze age and marvel! What a pairSmile

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice Veronica finally does a Marvel set! Her Dagger looks a little like Cameron Diaz.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of dlpn1fan
posted Hide Post
WOW Metal Thanks GA for posting. I see a really cool Golden Iron Man with your name on it!

Posts: 751 | Location: Pomona CA | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whoa. Time to start saving up to pick up the Emma Frost/Jean Grey's again. Also, those Wolverine sketches done after the covers of the Mini Series are absolutely awesome!!

Posts: 12 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pumpkindiver
posted Hide Post
did we ever get an answer as to whether or not the hot boxes are marked?

Posts: 154 | Location: Australia | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why is Darkhawk in the advertising?

I love Darkhawk, but he's not Bronze Age.

Posts: 70 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meghan Hetrick is such a master. Those poses are freaking revolutionary.

Mad impressive skills.

Posts: 39 | Location: Miami | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
Where is Man-Thing and Howard the Duck? I believe Rom Spaceknight can't be done because of licensing issues.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Headless Horseman:
Where is Man-Thing and Howard the Duck? I believe Rom Spaceknight can't be done because of licensing issues.

I'm sure you will see a Man-Thing soon. Wink

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Headless Horseman:

What's shown is a very small sampling. Plus those two characters are not typically drawn a lot. Maybe you could get Rian on it, he single handily got dozens of artist to increase the amount of Squirrel-girl sketch cards drawn. Thumb Up

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post