Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Potential Huge Signers for Leaf Pop Century 2
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Potential Huge Signers for Leaf Pop Century 2
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Update:
-8 cards per box, all signed
-Material cards are back, but they are signed (no idea of ratio)
-I think Miley Cyrus is no longer a signer; Beckinsale, Lohan, Spears all confirmed signed... no mention of Cyrus in mockups or sell sheet
-New triple autographs
-Many repeats from last round (Harrison, Kardashian sisters, etc.)
-Many of the same images for repeat signers... not impressed with card design at all. This simply will be for individuals who want the certified autograph due to the signer vs. due to the set.
- Price increase (not going to post factory direct price). However seeing as how the material cards kind of flopped in the last release. If you go by the per autograph price, it's slightly cheaper.
-Cuts seem to have been cut back, or at least not as hyped as last time. However there's a white whale:
John F. Kennedy Cut Auto, Lee Harvey Oswald Cut Auto, Seat* Triple Booklet Card
*seat from Kennedy's motorcade

-I assume it will be a 1 pack product again (1 box = 1 pack... each hit not being individually packed; think Razor Ink Archives, vs. Razor Poker).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: The Real Matt,

Posts: 33 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: May 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The relic cards are a big improvement, but I'm really disappointed in the number of repeat signers (from Pop Century 1, as well as others), and the recycling of pictures from Pop Century 1.

There are 16 signers on the sell sheet I saw. There are only 3 that I can identify as new signers (Lohan, Spears and Jason Alexander -- Beckinsale isn't on this sheet), and perhaps worse 4 of the autographs are from sports guys.

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Stargaterules
posted Hide Post
Beckinsale Did have a preview auto . So it would be a suprise to me if she isn't in the regular set . I posted a pic of the one i just recieved the other day on these forums to show people what it looked like . Boy that would be a major oops leaving her off the list lol.

Posts: 91 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beckinsale is in the set, I'm sure. She just isn't on the sell sheet I saw.

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
I may buy some this time around didnt buy any last time would love a Beckinsale auto

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Charlie Sheen has signed and is slated to be in Pop Century... as well as future sports releases (I assume like the Fans Of the Game Donruss did).

Posts: 33 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: May 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Real Matt:
Charlie Sheen has signed and is slated to be in Pop Century... as well as future sports releases (I assume like the Fans Of the Game Donruss did).

Must be trying to make up for some of that lost income from 2 and 1/2 Men. Big Grin

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is this serious ? or was it listed on april 1st

Also look for a unique 1 of 1 fold-out card featuring a Cut Signature of John F. Kennedy, a Cut Signature of Lee Harvey Oswald and a rare seat swatch of the limousine transporting President Kennedy at the time of the assassination.

JFK AND LEE OSWALD,together at last.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
and some people are finding the thought of a Charlie Sheene auto less believable Big Grin

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
Is this serious ? or was it listed on april 1st

Also look for a unique 1 of 1 fold-out card featuring a Cut Signature of John F. Kennedy, a Cut Signature of Lee Harvey Oswald and a rare seat swatch of the limousine transporting President Kennedy at the time of the assassination.

JFK AND LEE OSWALD,together at last.

Far as I know, it's serious.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why wouldn't it be serious? That is a pretty amazing cut signature if you ask me.

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Leaf owner Brian Gray has gone on record as stating that he's working on the JFK/Oswald auto/car card.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
Leaf owner Brian Gray has gone on record as stating that he's working on the JFK/Oswald auto/car card.

To have separate cuts of JFK and Oswald, and even to have the Car prop card is alright. But to combine them all is in poor taste to me. I mean its not a wonderful theme, is it? Frown

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
thats what i thought,but didn t say,so i went with the,together at last joke,i don t think its been thought through,having said that,my point was,when i saw this card announced,i thought it was amazing and unbelievable,but no one made a likewise comment,but as soon as charlie sheen was announced as a signer,that did get all the,wow,thats amazing comments.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cheifbrody,

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
thats what i thought,but didn t say,so i went with the,together at last joke,i don t think its been thought through,having said that,my point was,when i saw this card announced,i thought it was amazing and unbelievable,but no one made a likewise comment,but as soon as charlie sheen was announced as a signer,that did get all the,wow,thats amazing comments.

It's going to be a controversial card - VERY controversial. But it's going to get people talking about the product and about Leaf. And when people talk, it's easy publicity.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
I agree its in bad taste. On the other hand its a chance to own significant pieces of american history.

Would I be upset at pulling it? God no.

Would I keep it? Nope, Id flip it quick.

Only way a sweet pull like that would be a keeper for me is if it were JFK alone.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
I am discusted at the thought of the JFK/Lee Harvey Oswald card.

I don't think I can say anything else about it, this set may as well not be printed as far as I am concerned.

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dont really understand what the big deal is. It is a piece of american history. It is a piece of DARK american history, but a piece none the less.

I think it is a very cool card, and if I pulled it I would keep it 100%. It isn't NEARLY as cool as the Camelot cut card coming out in a sports release soon though. Anyone seen that thing? It is Robert, John, Jackie, and Ted Quad Cut booklet.

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't care about this card. . . if I pulled it I'd sell or trade it. . .

That said I wish they'd get away from these 'lottery' cards, and stick the money it costs to make this one card into getting better autographs for the rest of the series.

Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheMetatrOn:
Dont really understand what the big deal is.

Howdy,

I don't really understand why there isn't more outrage and I'm not even American.

We'll have to agree to differ.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post