Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Potential Huge Signers for Leaf Pop Century 2
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Potential Huge Signers for Leaf Pop Century 2
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted
Just saw on Leaf's Facebook page that they look to have deals in place for autographs from Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, Lindsay Lohan and Kate Beckinsale for their upcoming Pop Century releases. Even if any two of those come to fruition, that's one monster set.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Potentially very cool. . . I just hope that whoever they get then can get enough signatures to make 'em obtainable. . .

The best news, really for me -- is that Pop Century 2 is on the horizon!

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is sort of cool... however I have a feeling they're going to 1. drive up the price from last year and 2. end up being more limited than the Harrison Ford ones were last year. Both of which are bummers- depending on the rest of the lineup I'm in for 1-2 cases depending on the presale price. One of the other things I hope they do is a) change the card design more for the variants (having the exact same card and adding foil numbers doesn't do anything). They did this in last years PC & MMA. b) do some sort of wrapper redemption.

Posts: 33 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: May 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope this doesn't drive up the box price. . . The initial price on these was right around $100, but they've dropped like a stone (even after being allocated), and boxes are now available for under $70.

If we're making wish lists my biggest wish would be to go after fewer repeat signers. Seems like about 2 out of 3 autos from a box was a repeat signer. This is ok if you're pulling an Ashley Judd or Peter Fonda. . . not so great for most of the signers though. I wouldn't be sad if they dropped the masterpiece autos in order to put more money into new/better regular autos.

I loved the base auto design on the set, but the parallels didn't really do anything for me, and the costume design was a bit bland.

I probably purchased more Pop Century than any other release in 2010.

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
I hope this doesn't drive up the box price. . .

Really. I can't justify spending more for a box for the chance of pulling 3 of the 4 mentioned above. I guess they would sell well, but I find more enjoyment in pulling a card I'd actually like to keep.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
imo the first three are worthless and useless the 4th however is very nice

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
yes i wouldn t risk buying the last ones because knowing my luck i would have had steve o the bloke i hate from ******* or the comic with the paper bag over his head,but i finally found the Ashley Judd auto i wanted at a nice price online Wink
i ed love lindsay lohan but i m hoping for ones like stacey kiebler,krystal bowersox or a americas next top model winner or even more girls from the hills (i m that easily pleased Razz )
and again the material cards,what were they about ? worn by,but no indication where or when.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TDSA
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info about this set. I have to say out of the four autographs. Only the Kate Beckinsale is the most valuable autograph. The other ones not so valuable.
TDSA

Posts: 163 | Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States | Registered: March 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I would be all over a Lindsay Lohan auto. I know she's a washed up addict, but I like gingers Razz

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CaptainMal
posted Hide Post
Erm, I wouldn't say that the Britney and Miley autos are worthless. They both have a much bigger fan base than Kate Beckinsale, especially in counties like Japan.

Posts: 1093 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMal:
Erm, I wouldn't say that the Britney and Miley autos are worthless. They both have a much bigger fan base than Kate Beckinsale, especially in counties like Japan.

I agree with you 100%. Just because you're not a fan of a particular signer doesn't mean their card is worthless. I'd love to pull any of the 4 named cards and then flip it for something I'd like.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
I miss spoke or typed if you like they are worthless to me

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
while they where at rehab maybe the should have got charlie sheens auto..

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
That's a real classy comment, but coming from the source, not a surprise.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:

Just like his Quarterback!!!

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Two of the signers where in rehab now sheen it was an observation, not my fault they screw up their lives..

The cheap shots from you and headless where really uncalled for and have nothing to do with the set.. PS thanks to the couple people who pointed me to these comments it was greatly appreciated..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jim Streich,

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Streich:
quote:

Two of the signers where in rehab now sheen it was an observation, not my fault they screw up their lives..

The cheap shots from you and headless where really uncalled for and have nothing to do with the set.. PS thanks to the couple people who pointed me to these comments it was greatly appreciated..

You're 100% right Jim, those were indeed cheap shots taken at you. Just like the one you took at Charlie Sheen.
By the way Jim, your comment had absolutely nothing positive to add to this thread either so maybe you shouldn't get to riled up for either of them taking a shot at you.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
the complaining has continued somewhere else
time to get back on topic I guess

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't like her since I was a kid sometime in the mid 90's, but they posted this on their facebook:
"JUST SIGNED: Britney Spears will be in 2011 POP CENTURY! This is one of the toughest modern entertainment signatures!"

Posts: 33 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: May 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome 'get.' I hope they didn't break the bank. . .

I personally would rather see more mid-tier autographs and fewer of the really expensive ones I'll never get the chance to pull. . .