Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Arrow Season 4
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arrow Season 4
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone hear if they may get Rick Gonzalez and/or Juliana Harkavy to sign?

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
Anyone hear if they may get Rick Gonzalez and/or Juliana Harkavy to sign?

They'd be in the Season 5 set if they get them.

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:

Excellent, this is the one I'd been hoping for! Big Grin

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Release Date is November 15

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
According to Cryptozoic themselves this will be the final Arrow set so good on them for getting Amell for this last set.

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
According to Cryptozoic themselves this will be the final Arrow set so good on them for getting Amell for this last set.

Strange decision as Arrow is still on TV and there is no indication of cancellation. Wonder if they have lost the licence and what it might mean for the other TV based DC sets Flash and Supergirl .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Sales just were not good enough, same with Gotham there will be no more sets. Still hope Flash continues.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
According to one UK dealer, two 20% price rises in a year hasn't helped the sales market. When Greatest Battles was released, it was a higher than normal price because of premium stock. I was told this was a one-off. It was - the price remained, but the premium stock went back to normal. I'm particularly gutted about the demise of Gotham.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Sales just were not good enough, same with Gotham there will be no more sets. Still hope Flash continues.

They haven't explicitly said Flash was over but it seems like it considering we haven't heard anything in a while. I could be wrong though.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So what does this mean for Cryptozoic with regards to trading cards in general? Are we nearing the end of cards from them? I didn't make it to the fall Philly show so did they offer any insight into their future trading card plans? It seems all they have left is basically Outlander and the DC TV shows. If the DC shows go, then Outlander is all that's left. Frown

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wasn't there either but:

Supergirl Season 1 is still happening, they said something about a 2nd Bombshells set and in the press release about Arrow S4 they mention other trading cards series in the works without being specific.

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Batman is correct.

Despite some extraordinary set components like full-size prop redemptions and dual and triple on-card autograph cards, sales of our recent Arrow and Gotham sets have been disappointing. Cryptozoic's immediate trading card plans are focused on Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, The Flash, Rick and Morty, and Bombshells II.

In addition, we are currently maintaining 14 channels on the Quidd app, with more channels in the works. Our digital team--which is larger than our physical trading card team--releases a dozen chase sets weekly. Live for just 7-8 months, the Adventure Time channel already has more than a million fans, Rick and Morty has more than 900k, and Steven Universe has more than 700k. If you're curious, you can check out what Cryptozoic is doing on the Quidd app here: //app.quidd.co/jn6g/dUOLSHigQG

Posts: 69 | Location: CA | Registered: October 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mgeo:
quote:

Batman is correct.

Despite some extraordinary set components like full-size prop redemptions and dual and triple on-card autograph cards, sales of our recent Arrow and Gotham sets have been disappointing. Cryptozoic's immediate trading card plans are focused on Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, The Flash, Rick and Morty, and Bombshells II.

In addition, we are currently maintaining 14 channels on the Quidd app, with more channels in the works. Our digital team--which is larger than our physical trading card team--releases a dozen chase sets weekly. Live for just 7-8 months, the Adventure Time channel already has more than a million fans, Rick and Morty has more than 900k, and Steven Universe has more than 700k. If you're curious, you can check out what Cryptozoic is doing on the Quidd app here: //app.quidd.co/jn6g/dUOLSHigQG

Glad I was wrong about Flash and can't wait to see what Legends looks like.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Checklist is up on Cryptozoic's website. Surprised that Katie Cassidy has a KC1 auto but not a KC2 which would presumably been her as Black Canary. Still want to see her wardrobe cards though.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It disappointing S4 will be the last Arrow set - especially given that S5 was my favourite so far!
Really hoping for a Katrina Law card.

Posts: 7 | Location: Uk | Registered: July 17, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mgeo:

I am disappointed to see the Gotham sets canceled. I like the show, and I think the sets are well done.

That said -- I've never bought a box of Gotham. I've thought about it many times, but the price point is just more than I want to spend. Perhaps a lower price point isn't feasible, but it seems to me that a set like Gotham could sell quite well in a premium pack format. The autographs hold their value well, so I think there is a following for the series . . . Perhaps I'm not the only interested person who held off due to price point.

I dunno. It seems to me that for many releases the industry may have a price point problem.

In my experience the smallest unit that someone typically buys product in is a sealed box. I don't know the last time I saw a box of packs on a counter. I think the $85 entry point to a product eliminates a lot of buyers.

Any chance we'll see Cryptozoic play with other configurations/price points on any products?

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to jump in right here to agree with Webjon. I agree wholeheartedly that a product like Gotham would do well in a premium pack format. In fact, my opinion is that most titles would do well as premium packs.

I know this subject of premium packs vs boxes has been discussed many times and those who favor boxes seem passionate about their position. One of the frequent arguments against premium packs is that they cost too much. I have to disagree. With the packs, you can choose to purchase just one pack and pretty much guarantee that you get a hit(s) in line with what you paid for the pack (generally around $40-50). Or you can purchase a few packs and get a bunch a quality hits, and usually a small base set. Compare that to a $90-100+ box where, if you're unlucky, you pull a $10 autograph or a manufactured "relic".

In my mind, the packs come out ahead every time.

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Agree with webjon and dcole. Look how well Orphan Black seasons 2 and 3 sold in premium pack format against season 1 in traditional pack box format. I enjoy opening boxes but it is not worth the extra expense.

BTW this is not just a Cryptozoic pattern, I don't buy any boxes from the major US manufacturers on release always waiting 3-6 months and 90% of the time getting what I want a lot cheaper.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post