Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    2018 Leaf Pop Century
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2018 Leaf Pop Century
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Hey Robomole, you're not getting greedy. I think along the same lines. I also picked up Momoa as well as Joe Manganiello who appeared at the end of Justice League as Deathstroke.

I read something years ago that WB were taking a break from giving licenses to produce auto cards from these type of films( I believe Batman Begins was the last time they did an auto set), I can't let them stop me from making up my own set from other sources - LOL

You can also pick up autos on the cheap from actors who were in JLA from other sources. Joe Morton who played Cyborg's dad Silas Stone has signed for Inkworks Smallville and others and Ciaran Hinds who voiced the villain Steppenwolf signed for Inkworks Tomb Raider Cradle of Life.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: space phantom,

Posts: 82 | Location: massachusetts | Registered: March 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by space phantom:
Hey Robomole, you're not getting greedy. I think along the same lines. I also picked up Momoa as well as Joe Manganiello who appeared at the end of Justice League as Deathstroke.

I read something years ago that WB were taking a break from giving licenses to produce auto cards from these type of films( I believe Batman Begins was the last time they did an auto set), I can't let them stop me from making up my own set from other sources - LOL

You can also pick up autos on the cheap from actors who were in JLA from other sources. Joe Morton who played Cyborg's dad Silas Stone has signed for Inkworks Smallville and others and Ciaran Hinds who voiced the villain Steppenwolf signed for Inkworks Tomb Raider Cradle of Life.

Yeah Batman Begins might be my favorite Master Set I own. Incredible set. I wish there were more DC film cards to collect, but I'm also happy to collect other random autos to make up for it. I also got Manganiello from Pop Century and Joe Morton from Terminator 2, but I didn't know Ciaran Hinds signed for Tomb Raider! Thanks for letting me know, I'll have to get me one.

For this years Pop Century I hope they keep the low end repeat signers to a minimum. I actually like the low end signers because sometimes they get some gems, but some of these people have signed so many times we don't need yet another $5 auto of them again.

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Excited for this set. Though will probably wait to see which low end autos end up for re-sale as the boxes are usually too much of gamble (and way out of my price range anyways).

Quite a few of these 'general celebrity' sets have come out in the past few years such as Celebrity Vintage and Celebrity Quad as well as history variant sets proving popular.

Has the final signers list been released?

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post