Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Firefly: The Verse (Upper Deck)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Firefly: The Verse (Upper Deck)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well it could be that it was just a less than average case. Only 6 of the 9 stars signed, so right there you know that you are going to see way more of the minor actors, as is usual for just about every product.

What I would hope is that the dual or triple autos of the main cast would show up at least once every case as well, but one case break does not make for a sample. Yet. Wink

The other thing is that this set advertised more on the art and UD is not known for it's abundant autographs in any of its products, so maybe it's the sketches here that are more important.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
yet is the Hope........

But my Hopes have been dashed way too often.......

I can Name 5 Surefire hit this year that STUNK TO HIGH HEAVEN......

the whiff of this ain't good, not even a sketch..................

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
yet is the Hope........

But my Hopes have been dashed way too often.......

I can Name 5 Surefire hits this year that STUNK TO HIGH HEAVEN......

the whiff of this ain't good, not even a sketch..................

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have to say I'm not a fan of that autograph design at all. I'll be sticking with the Inkworks autos for the main cast. They're much nicer IMO.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
I have to say I'm not a fan of that autograph design at all. I'll be sticking with the Inkworks autos for the main cast. They're much nicer IMO.

Well I always like new autographs of my favorite Captain, but yes, these are too busy.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
on the single auto-cards,
the signature is sideways!!???!!!
very strange

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Tim Shay did these.....

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I busted a case of this today, partly because I'm a fan and partly because Firefly has always sold well.

I'm sorry, but all the "Sky Is Falling" claims that this is worthless are mistaken. I don't know what was wrong with the Upper Deck sample case, but my case (12 boxes) had:

12 Single 'standard' autographs
1 Portrait variant autograph (Jayne)
6 Dual Autographs
1 Dual Autograph Redemption (Jayne and Book)
1 Triple Autograph
14 Artist Auto Parallel Cards
12 Patch Cards
1 Printing Plate
and
6 Sketch Cards

That's just over 3 hits per box.

I've not started the base sets, but guessing there are probably 6 or 7 to a case. Base set is 171 cards (which IS divisible by 9).

And there are lots of green and 'leather' parallels for those inclined to do parallels.

The only thing I could say about it was it really needed a chase set or two other than parallels, but that's a personal preference.

The art is beautiful overall.

This is a solid release from Upper Deck.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My biggest problem with this set, apart from Upper Deck's appalling international distribution, is that the regular autos are ugly as sin. Only the really rare ones look any good. I don't mind some of the doubles, but that's about it.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I have been rifling through the photos of the early cards available you-know-where and to me this set is going to come down to a matter of taste. I'm not talking just about the autograph card format either. I mean the base cards, which are all art prints, as well as the actual sketches.

There are many different styles going on in this one and collectors are either going to find it innovative and like it or they are going to be satisfied with the previous Inkworks sets. I would say that there is room for all of them, but the initial prices are pretty heavy lifting for main cast autos and better sketches, so I know that it will limit me at least for the near future.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
2 sketches have shown up That I can get behind.....

Kaylee by Jomar Bulda (Retired as of this set) he Only had 10 sketches for this set....

Mal by Charles Hall

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kryten67,

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
COULDN'T PASS THIS UP....... CHRIS MEEKS AP AUTO SET......MATTE FINISH

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kryten67,

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
here are ALL the Jomar Bulda Sketches..... Kaylee is the Best One IMO......

posted Hide Post
I have 2 sets available of each of my Firefly "Artist Proof" sets.

my Artist Autograph Set

and my Leather Parallel Set

Message me here if you are interested.
Thanks!

Posts: 25 | Location: California | Registered: February 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
a few more of the Tim Shay Actor Art Autos have turned up........